PDA

View Full Version : Website Feedback

ronedjs
22-05-2010, 10:36 PM
Hello All,
Ive changed my website and incoporated the DJ Event Planner software. Still not pulling in the customers.

Just wondering if its the website? or my advertisment?

Feedback welcome.

http://www.ronedjs.co.uk

thanks
Elliott

DJWilson
22-05-2010, 10:46 PM
You don't have any tags or a description in the <head> section for a start.

DJMaxG
23-05-2010, 01:49 AM
You don't have any tags or a description in the <head> section for a start.

What's that?

Do you mean like RSS/Facebook etc?

Corabar Entertainment
23-05-2010, 12:24 PM
No, he doesn't Max!

discomobiledj
23-05-2010, 01:34 PM
What/who is your target market? I'm guessing from your site it's 18th, 21st, younger adults parties rather than family/wedding parties.

On your homepage you say that you are an experienced DJ, but on the about us page it says you've only been going since 2009. Bit more info needed.

The tags don't really carry much weight anymore with search engines. Keywords are all the rage!

Where do you advertise? Are you on alot of directories? Are you just banking on word of mouth advertising?

Speak to local pubs, venue halls, etc. You can't just sit there and wait for something to happen, especially at times like this.

The website is nice but doesn't blow me away, not sure why though.

CRAZY K
23-05-2010, 03:28 PM
Hello All,
Ive changed my website and incoporated the DJ Event Planner software. Still not pulling in the customers.

Just wondering if its the website? or my advertisment?

Feedback welcome.

http://www.ronedjs.co.uk

thanks
Elliott

A few constructive points---

Loading--it took ages for all the pictures on the Homepage to load--I find that annoying as a punter:( sort it out or scrap it and have pictures instead.

Phone number--there is none--zero out of 10 im afraid, my wife is constantly looking at Entertainers on the net and this is the NUMBER ONE turn off im afraid. Its annoying, dont you want to talk to people:confused:

We dismiss them as either part time amateurs or poor communicators:bang:

Size of Homepage---LOOKS TOO SMALL IF YOU DONT GET PEOPLES ATTENTION IMMEDIATELY YOU HAVE NO CHANCE.

Wirral is where your based--spell it with a capital letter--it looks really amateurish.:eek:

Im sure theres more but believe me these points are resulting in your problem which is an unfriendly negative image-even if you put a mobile which is bad anyway--at least people can speak to you.

Unless of course there are others out there making a fortune without disclosing their phone number;)

ronedjs
23-05-2010, 05:54 PM
Hi all,
thanks for the feedback.

DJWilson - what do you mean by tags or a description in the <head> section?

Target Market is schools, 18th, 21st that sort of market. Although we are doing a wedding on saturday so see what happens. Advertising on loads of directories online, Facebook, Business cards in local shops and word of mouth.

Steve if ya find out why it doesent blow you away let me know!

Crazy K
how do you cut down on the loading time?
Im just sorting out a 08 number at the moment. What do you mean about the size of the homepage?

thanks

DJWilson
23-05-2010, 06:01 PM
Hi all,
thanks for the feedback.

Example from one site ive done.

<meta name="Keywords" content="stay mobile, tv, youtube, thedjbusiness, adj, pioneer, dj, mobile dj, video, tutorials, reviews"/>
<meta name="Description" content="Stay Mobile TV is the place to be for Pro Mobile DJs with free help from a team of highly experienced DJs from the UK">

ronedjs
23-05-2010, 06:07 PM
Does that just go in after <head>?

Jiggles
23-05-2010, 06:15 PM
Your head should be like this.

<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<title>RONEDJS.CO.UK | Wirrals Mobile Entertainment Company</title>
<meta name="keywords" content="Eyemouth, Disco, Mobile Disco, Berwickshire, CB Entertainments, Entertainments, DJ, mobile dj, entertainment, scotland, parties, school disco, corporate entertainment, youth events"/>
<meta name="description" content="Serving East Berwickshrie and the surrounding areas. Provider of quality and fun discos for Parties, School discos, childrens parties, corporate events and all other occasions."/>
<style type="text/css">
<!--
body {
background-color: #000000;
}
body,td,th {
font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
color: #FFFFFF;
}
a:link {
color: #FFFF00;
text-decoration: none;
}
a:visited {
}
a:hover {
}
a:active {
}
.style4 { font-size: 36px;
font-weight: bold;
}
.style8 {
font-size: 3px;
color: #000000;
}
.style9 {color: #000000}
.style10 {font-size: 3px}
-->
</style>
</head>

I took the tags from my site.

Charlie Brown
23-05-2010, 06:27 PM
Looks okay.

Needs to be bigger....not sure why DJ's feel the need to go for a black background!

What's wrong with Laura Ashley wall paper?! :sj:

...Love the interactive part however.

ronedjs
23-05-2010, 07:11 PM
Thanks CB

what do you mean by bigger? Charlie

Charlie Brown
23-05-2010, 07:32 PM
Erm...it's too small...I like a website to fill the page. It needs to entice the viewer.

CRAZY K
23-05-2010, 08:11 PM
Hi all,
thanks for the feedback.

Target Market is schools, 18th, 21st that sort of market. Although we are doing a wedding on saturday so see what happens. Advertising on loads of directories online, Facebook, Business cards in local shops and word of mouth.

Steve if ya find out why it doesent blow you away let me know!

Crazy K
how do you cut down on the loading time?
Im just sorting out a 08 number at the moment. What do you mean about the size of the homepage?

thanks

ok forget the loading speed==the Internet must have been slow when I looked so looks ok.

What I mean is you have the opportunity to tell people about what you do immediately on the home page TO GET THEM INTERESTED.

List interesting compelling reasons why it might be worth clicking on different pages.

There are millions ( well a lot anyway) of Discos on the net and people probably look for something different, interesting, unusual, professional etc.

So I believe you need to enlarge the page by putting script further down the page and include some more info about what you offer.

Lack of a phone number would not encourage me a great deal as a punter, this is a personal business and we are not selling branded products on cheapest cost ( well im not anyway:D )

HTH

Booche
23-05-2010, 08:26 PM
Dont know if its just me but ive loaded it 9 times on Firefox and it still looks the same on the contact us page this is how it ends up loading (see image below)

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s177/ghostriderbaby/Untitled-2.jpg

Cheers Dave :)

Jiggles
23-05-2010, 08:29 PM
It's down to a poorly coded site imo.

Vectis
23-05-2010, 08:37 PM
ok forget the loading speed==the Internet must have been slow when I looked so looks ok.

More likely the image files are now cached on your PC so on subsequent visits they're loading from the local store rather than 'over the wire'.

It's slow here too.

CRAZY K
23-05-2010, 08:49 PM
More likely the image files are now cached on your PC so on subsequent visits they're loading from the local store rather than 'over the wire'.

It's slow here too.

AHA ;)

Thanks Martin--that being the case its a major issue--looks unprofessional;)

Im not saying my sites look that great but they load immediately and theres lots of useful information and a phone number;)

ronedjs
30-05-2010, 10:31 PM
Dave the website for some reason does not work in firefox dont really know why but from my stats about 2% of all my web traffic comes from firefox.

Martin and Crazy K what do you mean about the images and is there an easy way to sort it out? i dont really know what you mean?

Thanks
Elliott

rob1963
30-05-2010, 10:37 PM
not sure why DJ's feel the need to go for a black background!

Maybe because they work at night (when it's dark) in rooms which are quite dark...and a black background on their website conveys that quite well?

Vectis
30-05-2010, 10:44 PM
what do you mean about the images and is there an easy way to sort it out? i dont really know what you mean?

Thanks
Elliott

Take the main colourful banner - file size 1.8MB is going to take a while to download on even a fast connection... it'll take forever on dialup :bang:

I suspect it's full of unnecessary metadata, and PNGs at these dimensions tend to be much larger than equivalent sized JPGs. There's no need for PNG - you're not using transparency - and I reckon that even a high quality JPG of this same image should be under 100KB. With a bit of optimisation you might even be able to get it down below 70/80KB without any discernable loss of visual data.

I've not looked at the other images but I'll bet they're suffering the same problem.

ronedjs
04-06-2010, 10:12 PM
Thanks eveyone,
Ive made to Home page bigger & got the load time down to 10 secs or less. Anything else anyone can point out would be great.

leelive
04-06-2010, 10:51 PM
too many colours for me in your logo for my liking it looks like a TV test card - almost gives me a migraine. A black background with white text is also hard on the eyes.
Also the links are are hidden behind what could only be described as one of those "website undercontruction" barriers. They ones that are telling you not to enter!
Your Instant Quote is limits the types of Functions. No weddings in the drop down box. Same with section 2 of the Instant Quote... why is it limted to 150 people!? Can you not do larger gigs? It also gave me a quote of £225 without adding any mileage costs on!! Is that price the same for Lands End?
Can't say I am impressed with the Intelligence software... it over complicates it for me. I would want to be more involved in the finer details of any pricing issued.
Get some better photos and may be some of your gear.
Good luck
Lee

ronedjs
05-06-2010, 10:54 AM
thanks for your "positive" feedback Lee. The logo colors are based on the TV test card. Don’t know what you mean by the links hidden behind the "Website under construction" barriers?

There is no Weddings in the list because we do not do weddings. and as for the limit on people i don’t know where you got that from. Also the if you read the site the areas we cover is Wirral only so our mileage cost is covered in the package.

When you say your not impressed with the Intelligence software is that from a customers point of view or from a business point of view? As for the photos 90% of our bookings are at schools and social clubs and getting permission to take photos at most of them is hard work, due to child protection laws.

Thanks for your help
Elliott

discomobiledj
05-06-2010, 12:07 PM
Just went through your online quoting system....

Up-grade should be upgrade and charging a retainer fee!!! Surely this must be your deposit/booking fee?

CRAZY K
05-06-2010, 12:29 PM
Just went through your online quoting system....

Up-grade should be upgrade and charging a retainer fee!!! Surely this must be your deposit/booking fee?

Ahem===Non refundable--pleeeeeeese!;)

discomobiledj
05-06-2010, 12:56 PM
Ahem===Non refundable--pleeeeeeese!;)

Sorry!