PDA

View Full Version : How to get people to fill in feedback forms?

ronedjs
23-05-2010, 07:02 PM
Hello,

After all our bookings I used to send out an email with a link to our feedback form (can be found here http://www.ronedjs.co.uk/evaluation) Knowone has filled it in. I then started to send out the same feedback form in a paper version and enclosed a scratch card with different % OFF the next booking. I also gave them a stamped address enverlope to post it back with. I still havent had one back.

Just wondering if anyone else has had the same problems. The reviews online have been done at the end of the night at a few of the discos, but i dident feel as though this was really appropriate asking people to fill in a feedback form when they are drunk at 12am.

Thanks
Elliott

rob1963
23-05-2010, 11:52 PM
Hello,

After all our bookings I used to send out an email with a link to our feedback form (can be found here http://www.ronedjs.co.uk/evaluation) Knowone has filled it in. I then started to send out the same feedback form in a paper version and enclosed a scratch card with different % OFF the next booking. I also gave them a stamped address enverlope to post it back with. I still havent had one back.

Just wondering if anyone else has had the same problems. The reviews online have been done at the end of the night at a few of the discos, but i dident feel as though this was really appropriate asking people to fill in a feedback form when they are drunk at 12am.

Thanks
Elliott

Very strange.

I get lots of feedback from customers...and I don't even HAVE a feedback form or ASK them for feedback!

Charlie Brown
23-05-2010, 11:57 PM
I've never asked for feedback....I think it's false then.

If they want to send me an email or text thanking me - I think that's more special then making them fill out a form and only putting the really good ones on the website.

DJWilson
24-05-2010, 12:14 AM
I send a thank you e-mail hoping everyone had a good eveing and ask if wouldnt mind to spare 2 mins to fill in feedback.

Also would be nice for you to have the customer and event info already filled in making it a bit more personal :)

rob1963
24-05-2010, 12:19 AM
I've never asked for feedback....I think it's false then.

:agree:

discomobiledj
24-05-2010, 05:51 AM
Nothing worse than feeling pressured to give feedback. If someone thinks you were good they tell you on the night, or maybe they are just being nice!

Vectis
24-05-2010, 07:28 AM
I always send out a feedback form a couple of weeks after the gig (to allow for honeymoons etc.) and get about 80% of them back. Always send a SSAE.

I bung in a 10% voucher for non-wedding gigs as a 'thank you' but in the last 3 years only one person has ever used one of these.

I wouldn't put a questionnaire online; nothing beats a piece of paper for scanning & uploading or for showing to future prospects.

Occasionally you get a questionnaire returned from ages ago - I think the longest one took about a year to come back with a post-it saying "sorry it's taken so long" :)

You can't "get" people to fill them in; I guess they must want to. ;)

MBK
24-05-2010, 02:05 PM
I used to send them out once apon a time but in my experience you will not receive them back.
I find that the best feedback is from the client in the form of a thank you letter / email.

I found that in the past for weddings when the brides parents paid for the day that they would fill in the form and you wouldn't get a true feedback on the evening. I had one several years ago saying that Aunty Flo kept asking fore.g Vera Lynn and you didn't play it, and after all we are paying for a service and would like a partial a rufund of ££ as you didn't play all the songs that were asked for during the evening.

IMO As has been said in previous quotes most people won't return them.

rob1963
24-05-2010, 02:22 PM
nothing beats a piece of paper for scanning & uploading or for showing to future prospects.

Apart from unexpected cards or emails, of course! ;)

Vectis
24-05-2010, 02:57 PM
IMO As has been said in previous quotes most people won't return them.

That's not my experience.

Apart from unexpected cards or emails, of course! ;)

It doesn't matter whether it's solicited or unsolicited (I have a great selection of both types) - it's the fact that you've got a folder full of different bits of paper obviously completed by others over a long period of time that means I've yet to walk away from a pre-sales meeting without a booking.

yourdj
24-05-2010, 04:28 PM
SAE and money off (which no one has ever taken up) worked well.

online feedback and the photos/videos you take from the gig as a reward would work best (a whole data base step by step from booking, track upload etc and automatic reminders.

you will need some half decent php programming for that though.

here is my old forms - as vectis said nothing beats a piece of paper, handwriting and signature!

http://www.yourdj.co.uk/tobytestimonials.html

Vectis
24-05-2010, 04:32 PM
videos you take from the gig

Accompanied by a Limited Manufacture Licence, naturally ;)

ronedjs
24-05-2010, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Just keep doing what im doing.