PDA

View Full Version : I'm not happy!! and I mean it!!!

welby
03-06-2010, 07:07 AM
Yes that's right you heard me!

I never realised it is so difficult to purchase a NJD 3M x 2M Starcloth

I'm not happy about being let down

twice

from so called reputable suppliers.

Why oh Why do suppliers advertise goods they do not have in stock or even have a hope of getting in stock?

The first supplier took four days to email me to say that they had no stock and refunded my money back into my paypal account.

The second supplier emailed me back a day later and said they could supply a QTX brand for the same cost. Come on, QTX are no where near as good quality as the NJD. And again asked them to refund the money back into my paypal account.

To add insult to injury paypal hang onto my money for days before dropping it back into my account - That really makes me mad - you get a refund it should drop in straight away.

I am never going to order anything by an automated shop and I am never going to pay by paypal ever.

Rant over!

I'M BEGGING NOW

I need a NJD 3m starcloth by Saturday and if you have one in stock at a reasonable price and can deliver before Saturday, please let me know.

I'm a good mind to name and shame these suppliers - my blood is boiling!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I need to lie down after that! grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Vectis
03-06-2010, 07:28 AM
Apologies if this is one of the rogue suppliers, but I bought mine from CPC.

Slightly dearer than the cheapest places once you factor in VAT but I've never, ever had a stock issue with CPC in 20+ years of ordering from them. If they show it in stock, it'll be with you next morning.

Yep - showing stock of product code DP30510 at cpc.farnell.com

I just did a search for NJD -> PA & Disco -> Light Effects & Controllers -> Starcloth Systems to see the whole range.

deltic
03-06-2010, 07:30 AM
i'll second that,cpc is the way to go............order today here tomorrow.

welby
03-06-2010, 08:49 AM
Thanks Guys,

ordered CPC - fingers crossed that it arrives tommorow.

Apologies for sounding off but these pair of ******s have rattled my cage. Something that really takes a lot for me to get to this point!

Again, thanks, lesson learnt - cheaper, and available does not really mean that!

Oh and paypal give me my money back or I'll send round the boys! :bang: lol

welby
03-06-2010, 08:55 AM
Oh by the way Deltic,

I forgot to mention the Fast Fold screen I had off you.

It is working a treat - and I have sold a few wedding discos on the back of it in conjunction with text 2 screen and I have it booked out for a pub for the whole of the world cup.

Paid for itself many times over easily!

At least something is going my way... eh?

OllieJames
03-06-2010, 08:56 AM
I've had that with a couple of suppliers too! :bang:

CPC are fantastic - never had a problem. I ordered on a Sunday afternoon once and it arrived on Monday!

yourdj
03-06-2010, 09:46 AM
did you buy cheap off ebay?

I always buy off the likes of blu arran or so as they have a warehouse near me and i can see it in stock. I would rather pay £20 more from a good supplier.

I think HTFR have had a few issues with this but i have never had a problem.

DJ Jules
03-06-2010, 10:37 AM
I always buy off the likes of blu arran or so as they have a warehouse near me and i can see it in stock.

The warehouse must have large windows and you must have a good telescope :D

Julian

Charlie Brown
03-06-2010, 10:57 AM
Are you annoyed?

Excalibur
03-06-2010, 11:12 AM
Another vote fior CPC. Their delivery speed is great. I'm a bit lucky, since if anything is delivered from the west side of England, it's quite likely to come off the M62, and I'm usually around first drop as the M62 ends seven miles from me. CPC in Preston, so I've ordered mid afternoon, and had it in my hand next morning before 10am. Also, they use UPS, who are great for us. DHL are a toital and utter nightmare. They bring things, then take them further away, and want me to fetch them. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Ebuyer are also really close, and good delivery. The joke is that they dispatch an item to me at 6pm and it takes fourteen hours to arrive!!! Sadly, they don't have a sales counter, and even staff have to order online, and have it delivered.

welby
03-06-2010, 11:55 AM
did you buy cheap off ebay?

No It was a couple of well known suppliers.

NKR
03-06-2010, 12:18 PM
Another vote fior CPC. Their delivery speed is great. I'm a bit lucky, since if anything is delivered from the west side of England, it's quite likely to come off the M62, and I'm usually around first drop as the M62 ends seven miles from me. CPC in Preston, so I've ordered mid afternoon, and had it in my hand next morning before 10am.

You could always take my approach and live 6 miles from CPC. Great for emergency bits and pieces before gigs.
I have never used their delivery service for obvious reasons, but they are very good.

yourdj
03-06-2010, 05:53 PM
The warehouse must have large windows and you must have a good telescope :D

Julian

if you need something last min and are not sure if it available why not ring them and ask :confused:

i would definitely check even if it says its in stock as loads of companies do this.

Tony Scott
03-06-2010, 06:08 PM
if you need something last min and are not sure if it available why not ring them and ask :confused:

i would definitely check even if it says its in stock as loads of companies do this.

Exactly what I was going to post... I will always call and check before ordering now as I was let down once which cost me a regular booking! :( I promised the manager of a venue some UV effects which didn't come on time, she blamed me for the screw up and didn't book me again...

welby
04-06-2010, 06:53 AM
Exactly what I was going to post... I will always call and check before ordering now as I was let down once which cost me a regular booking! :( I promised the manager of a venue some UV effects which didn't come on time, she blamed me for the screw up and didn't book me again...

Yes, good sound advice - thanks (no pun intended)

I suppose companies buy in to order - hey am I making excuses for these people? I must be getting calmer lol

welby
04-06-2010, 04:42 PM
Just to keep you updated:

CPC delivered next day.

Just delivered @ 5:30pm - yippee

The last supplier is now not answering emails or returning my calls, which just shows you how they run their business.

I hope they refund my money asap so I can then name and shame them!

They deserve it!

yourdj
04-06-2010, 09:57 PM
am i being dense who is CPC? Never used them i think?

jon s
10-06-2010, 01:26 AM
Here you are yourdj have a look at this link.
http://cpc.farnell.com/