PDA

View Full Version : Somerset Mobile DJ Curry Club - Tuesday 13th July 2010

Nick Burrett
04-06-2010, 12:56 PM
Somerset Mobile DJ Curry Club
First Event: Tuesday 13th July 2010

Nick Burrett (Discos.co.uk) and Roger Dee (Smile Entertainment) invite you to an informal get together to promote networking with fellow DJ’s, skill sharing, and gig swapping.

Our first event will be held from 7.00pm on Tuesday 13th July 2010. The initial venue chosen is The Ebdon Arms, Lilac Way, Wick St Lawrence, Weston-super-Mare, BS22 9WE.

The venue has been kind enough to let us have the function room free of charge on the condition that we order food – so please bring an appetite and some cash! (Menu online at http://www.ebdonpub.co.uk/).

We are currently in the process of inviting DJ’s, equipment suppliers, and speakers for the event and hope to confirm a programme of events for the evening soon.

I would be grateful if you could:
a) Confirm you can attend the event by sending an email with your full name, address, and mobile number to my email address below.
b) Forward this message to a couple of your DJ friends or colleagues (the more people that attend the better!)
c) Twitter the event!

If you have any ideas to make the event successful please do not hesitate to contact me.

I look forward to your reply - and meeting you!

Kind Regards
Nick Burrett
Discos.co.uk
nburrett [at] discos.co.uk

DJ Jules
04-06-2010, 01:08 PM
Does Bristol count as Somerset any more?

Julian

Danno13
04-06-2010, 01:15 PM
I'll try and make it along to this as well, I'm coming from M5 Junction 9, so could probably pick a few people up on the way and share petrol costs perhaps?

Adam_F
04-06-2010, 07:24 PM
Nick,

I may be of some assistance to you, if you need it, as I'm local (& actually work for the same group as the Ebdon (I'm at the Old Colonial).

I see your new on here, but I've got loads of contacts within the DJ industry having worked with most of the big players, a retailer and develop for some of the manufactures!

I can represent Deckstand Booth Pro, if you want, and I demo Pioneer kit too (mobile wise, with the MEP 7000, DJM 5000 and the Pro 550 FLT, or even a pair of CDJ 2000s).

Drop me a line if I can help out.

Rgds

Adam

DJ Frankie
04-06-2010, 08:10 PM
Hi Nick

Frankie here I live about 5 mins away from the ebdon arms its my local pub. I will be up for this.

DJ Jules
04-06-2010, 08:36 PM
You never used to live in Weston did you? When did that happen?

I can represent Deckstand Booth Pro, if you want, and I demo Pioneer kit too (mobile wise, with the MEP 7000, DJM 5000 and the Pro 550 FLT, or even a pair of CDJ 2000s).

Go on, let him help out, he has some smart toys :D

Julian

Adam_F
04-06-2010, 08:39 PM
You never used to live in Weston did you? When did that happen?

Me?

I got thrown out of Birmingham back in February :D

Been trying to work on my mobile side down here now. Had more luck in the clubs in Weston than mobile so far, but got a few gigs coming in.

DJ Jules
04-06-2010, 09:16 PM
Me?

I got thrown out of Birmingham back in February :D

I don't blame them ;)

Been trying to work on my mobile side down here now. Had more luck in the clubs in Weston than mobile so far, but got a few gigs coming in.

Welcome to the errr, Sunny, South West :zip:

Julian

Tony Scott
04-06-2010, 11:39 PM
Yeah this sounds good... I'm in Taunton that day so it's just a short run up the M5 for me. Any excuse to get a Jalfrezi and a couple of beers down my neck!! :D :D

Nick Burrett
05-06-2010, 02:04 AM
Frankie, you're banned for life lol! - ps thanks for that gig you passed me.

Although it's named Somerset, anyone can come from anywhere - the more the merrier!

Great response so far, thank you guys!

If anyone uses any other forums, please could you post my post there too?

Adam_F
25-06-2010, 03:10 PM
Only a couple of weeks until this now, any others up for it?

Also noted the "Curry Club" tag, Curry nights for Marstons are Wednesdays, unles you've done a deal with them? LoL

UltraBeat Entertainment
06-07-2010, 08:59 AM
Just noticed this thread:o

I really didn't realise there was so many locals on here. I've probably seen some of you before without knowing it!

I will try to clear this date so I can attend as I think it would be great to meet up with some other local DJ's from the area as I never get to meet anyone from this forum.

Adam_F I literally work 2mins down the road from the Old Colonial (loving the new stone arch opposite) but never go in there in the evenings but I do every now and then check out the local clubs in town so I may have seen you before.

Adam_F
07-07-2010, 05:56 PM
Adam_F I literally work 2mins down the road from the Old Colonial (loving the new stone arch opposite) but never go in there in the evenings but I do every now and then check out the local clubs in town so I may have seen you before.

No way, well I live at the Colonial (literally) so always in there. Either that or I'm in a few bars in town. Started to do some DJ work in Ludus & VII and I'm res in the Liquid Lounge.

Nick Burrett
07-07-2010, 07:54 PM
Just a quick email reminder about the DJ Curry Club on Tuesday!

There's no itinerary as such, the idea is to meet and network with fellow DJ’s in a relaxed environment.

DJ’s can enjoy the food, beer, and a chinwag!

From the initial meet we’ll be asking what people would like to see in the future... For example: Equipment demos, seminars, marketing ideas, second hand table, etc.

Date: Tuesday 13th July 2010.
Time: 7.00pm.
Venue: The Ebdon Arms, Lilac Way, Wick St Lawrence, Weston-super-Mare, BS22 9WE.

The venue has been kind enough to let us have the function room free of charge on the condition that we order food – so please bring an appetite and some cash! (Menu online at www.ebdonpub.co.uk).

Looking forward to seeing you!

Nick Burrett
Discos.co.uk
nburrett [at] discos.co.uk

UltraBeat Entertainment
08-07-2010, 08:46 AM
No way, well I live at the Colonial (literally) so always in there. Either that or I'm in a few bars in town. Started to do some DJ work in Ludus & VII and I'm res in the Liquid Lounge.

I can honestly say I've never ventured into Ludus (not since the refurb) or Liquid Lounge but have spent a few night in VII. I find the DJ's in there really hit and miss personally.

If you fancy meeting up for lunch or a drink sometime let me know. Would me nice to meet a fellow DJ.

NADJ
08-07-2010, 10:29 AM
Well there is quite a few of us going so should be a good night.

Adam_F
13-07-2010, 03:19 PM
This is tonight people!!

I'll have the Deckstand Booth Pro on demo along with some tasty Pioneer kit too!!

UltraBeat Entertainment
13-07-2010, 04:17 PM
I'll have the Deckstand Booth Pro on demo along with some tasty Pioneer kit too!!

More toys to tempt me with:( :)

Will try and pop in after work.

DJ Jules
13-07-2010, 09:46 PM
Oh :Censored: ! Wife's had to go out and I'm stuck at home with the kids. Damnit

Julian