PDA

View Full Version : Banner Feedback

ronedjs
06-06-2010, 05:14 PM
Dont know if this is in the right place but here goes!

Just finished designing my banner. Im doing a few chairty gigs and summer fairs thought I could put them up during the day and try get some more business.
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb276/ronedjs/xstand.jpg

What do you guys think?

Thanks
Elliott

wensleydale
06-06-2010, 05:17 PM
Not sure what market you are going after- it's eyecatching but wouldnt think it would appeal too much to the wedding market.
I'd also think about removing the £35 per hour bit but I know everyone has their own views on this.

ronedjs
06-06-2010, 05:22 PM
Target markets school, kids parties, 18th, 21st.

I was think of not puttin the prise in but thought it might pull in more people

DJWilson
06-06-2010, 05:29 PM
Don't forget to remove 'sample' :p

ronedjs
06-06-2010, 05:37 PM
i wont hehe

Charlie Brown
06-06-2010, 06:44 PM
Looks okay - especially for your target audience.

It's not really my taste...elegant, sophisticated. ;) :p

However, for a 21st - :approve:

wensleydale
06-06-2010, 06:46 PM
It's not really my taste...elegant, sophisticated. ;) :p

Orange
;)

Vectis
06-06-2010, 06:51 PM
I presume this is a vertical floor-standing banner?

If so, remember that the chances of the bottom half being fully visible will be quite slim - if not obscured by furniture itt'll be obscured by people standing in front of it so make sure the items you want to headline are towards the top.

There should be a ' in "Wirral's" and there's no ' in "Birthdays" :bang:

Too many fonts for my liking - it doesn't flow. Stick to 1 or 2 max.

I think the "Polaroid-esque" photos are too poor quality to be used on this type of ad medium, especially the ones through haze. Especially so as your colour scheme and logo etc. are so vibrant and distinct. It really doesn't look good. If you don't have great quality high-res images of your own I'd consider stock photos.

Jiggles
06-06-2010, 09:12 PM
The top 20mm and the bottom 200mm should be clear of ALL text and other graphics. The background rainbow should be full height of the banner ie the full 2000mm. All images should be at least 300dpi.

Hope that helps :)

rob1963
06-06-2010, 10:46 PM
I'd also think about removing the £35 per hour bit but I know everyone has their own views on this.

I completely disagree, and think that quoting £35 per hour is a good idea. It's common practice in business to break down the cost of something to the equivalent weekly charge, daily charge etc...as this makes it sound cheaper.

However, I do have a problem with your slogan "Wirral's mobile entertainment company"...as this makes it sound like you're the ONLY mobile entertainment company in the Wirral!

Vectis
06-06-2010, 11:17 PM
I completely disagree, and think that quoting £35 per hour is a good idea. It's common practice in business to break down the cost of something to the equivalent weekly charge, daily charge etc...as this makes it sound cheaper.

However, I do have a problem with your slogan "Wirral's mobile entertainment company"...as this makes it sound like you're the ONLY mobile entertainment company in the Wirral!

Rob has a point. Are you a limited company? If not, it's a bit misleading to use the term "company" IMHO

ronedjs
07-06-2010, 08:51 PM
Here it is
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb276/ronedjs/SANY0026.jpg

I get what you mean but thats what I want people to think so that they book with us rather than others.

Rob has a point. Are you a limited company? If not, it's a bit misleading to use the term "company" IMHO

We're not! I know what you mean. It is agains the law?

Thanks
Elliott

Vectis
07-06-2010, 09:11 PM
It is agains the law?

Thanks
Elliott

I don't think so. Just a bit unethical.

As a consumer I like to understand whether I'm dealing with a company or dealing with a one (or two) man band. If I thought I'd booked a company to supply the entertainment for my important event, and it transpired that it was just a bloke, I'd be understandably nervous and probably a little bit peeved.

ronedjs
07-06-2010, 10:08 PM
arrr I get what you mean. But we provide a very high standard of service I would say its of a company standard lol might change it when I run low on business stationary.

Vectis
07-06-2010, 10:13 PM
My concern wouldn't be about the level of service because in my experience it's the smaller outfits that give the best anyway due to their desire to succeed and passion for what they do.

My concern would be about the "company"'s financial backing and capability to cope in the face of adversity.