PDA

View Full Version : Organic listing for my site.

Mark Wild
08-06-2010, 12:04 PM
Am I going mad or has my Wedding DJ Edinburgh website just hit Page 1/Position 1 for the keywords "wedding dj Edinburgh" ? Could some one clarify if i'm going mad or not please? :p I don't know much about SEO so I'm not sure if it's something to do with cache/history on my P.C that makes it show number 1 at my end?

Jiggles
08-06-2010, 12:08 PM
You are going mad. Its Lee-live thats number one here.

Booche
08-06-2010, 12:10 PM
Not here :(

Lee-Live top

Mark Wild
08-06-2010, 12:14 PM
Bummer, I got all excited then lol

Edit: I just cleared my history, I'm not signed into google and it's still at the top my end, does anyone know the reason for this?

Spirits High
08-06-2010, 12:18 PM
Have alook at your Google search settings. You may have your postcode as default that way you will come up as top listing as you're the nearest to your postcode if that makes sense :D

Mark Wild
08-06-2010, 12:30 PM
Have alook at your Google search settings. You may have your postcode as default that way you will come up as top listing as you're the nearest to your postcode if that makes sense :D

Yeah that makes sense Paul but I'm not signed into google, I don't know, maybe one of the more SEO clever dudes can explain?

Edit: I see the same result on yahoo also :confused:

Marc J
08-06-2010, 12:44 PM
Even if you're not logged into Google or have any preferences set Google knows exactly where you are because of your IP address. The search results returned are customised (to an extent) to this location.

For some reason you are showing as number one when you search from your location. This may be because you are linking to www.markwildentertainment.co.uk & www.weddingdjglasgow.co.uk, or the location listings at the bottom of your About Us page, all of which might "pull" your results towards the west coast :eek:

FYI for the "wedding dj edinburgh" search done from Edinburgh (which is probably most important), Lee-Live is #1 and you are on second on page 2.

To see search results from somewhere other than your own location, you could always try accessing www.google.co.uk through a web proxy like www.hidemyass.com, although the results will still be localised (to wherever their proxy is located).

Mark Wild
08-06-2010, 12:57 PM
Even if you're not logged into Google or have any preferences set Google knows exactly where you are because of your IP address. The search results returned are customised (to an extent) to this location.

For some reason you are showing as number one when you search from your location. This may be because you are linking to www.markwildentertainment.co.uk & www.weddingdjglasgow.co.uk, or the location listings at the bottom of your About Us page, all of which might "pull" your results towards the west coast :eek:

FYI for the "wedding dj edinburgh" search done from Edinburgh (which is probably most important), Lee-Live is #1 and you are on second on page 2.

To see search results from somewhere other than your own location, you could always try accessing www.google.co.uk through a web proxy like www.hidemyass.com, although the results will still be localised (to wherever their proxy is located).

Awesome, thanks for that Marc :)

Pe7e
08-06-2010, 01:17 PM
Second page, position 2 down here in sunny Derbyshire, Lee - live is No 1

Mark Wild
08-06-2010, 01:19 PM
Second page, position 2 down here in sunny Derbyshire, Lee - live is No 1

Cheers Pe7e, it's a very new site so not doing bad, onwards and upwards :D

DJMaxG
27-07-2010, 07:58 PM
Searching from the Midlands, you are top of the list in the Sponsored links section

leelive
28-07-2010, 01:55 AM
From here in Straiton (a few miles south of Edinburgh) you are no.6 in the organic listings on Google for those keywords. Top for Adwords.
Lee Live