PDA

View Full Version : Dynarock Review

UltraBeat Entertainment
08-06-2010, 01:14 PM
I know these units have popped up in a few threads (yes I've done a search:)) but can't find any actual reviews. Is there any chance of someone who uses them posting a review/Pictures/Video?

I'm very tempted to swap my 100w Dynamo's for a pair of Dynarock's. I've seen a few video's of the units in action but none seem to show the effect they produce very well.

Thanks in advance:)

spin mobile disco
08-06-2010, 04:35 PM
I did a review of these including videos about a year and a half ago. Don't know what happened to it probably turfed out after so much time. Search for dynarock lighting test on myspace and you should get my videos of them on test.

thex-faders
08-06-2010, 05:17 PM
If you want to know about the LED dynarock ill happily do a video review when im back at the end of the month (june) covering S2L and DMx if needed?

My personal opinion is a really good little unit and great in pairs.
Tom

OllieJames
08-06-2010, 06:53 PM
YouTube- Acme Dynarock Demo

Voila! Not a great video, but you get the idea!

UltraBeat Entertainment
09-06-2010, 10:41 AM
Thanks for posting that video. I watched this on YouTube last week. Is quite a good video.

Quick question(s) how many degrees does the barrel itself actually spin or can it keep spinning in the same direction without any problems?

When projected how big are the Gobo's compared to the Dynamo?

OllieJames
09-06-2010, 10:44 AM
Thanks for posting that video. I watched this on YouTube last week. Is quite a good video.

Quick question(s) how many degrees does the barrel itself actually spin or can it keep spinning in the same direction without any problems?

When projected how big are the Gobo's compared to the Dynamo?

The barrel can spin constantly :)

I'd say the gobos are the same size? I've never really compared them, but I've owned both and can't recall a huge difference in size.

cosmicdiscos
15-08-2010, 11:50 PM
the gobos are the same size, but the projected image is dimmer than the dynamo. i run 2 of each

Booche
16-08-2010, 01:18 AM
Also don’t forget that the gobos will run ALOT quicker on the barrel effects, I was tempted to go for the barrel type just due to having more effects etc but when I saw them in person it was purely a colourful blur around the room :(, now unless you want to go down the DMX route id stick with a single scanner.

But that is just my personal choice which I guess a lot of people will disagree with.

Cheers Dave :)