PDA

View Full Version : World Cup Theme School Disco

thex-faders
10-06-2010, 07:27 PM
Hopefully this is in the right place as we dont do many school disco's etc. But they have asked if possible to provide a couple of World Cup related games...

I was thinking about either guess the national anthem or football team. like give three options and they right it on a card - weakest link style. Have a form group rivalry.

Or we was going to get say 10 students in each form group to pass a football over their head, then under there legs ... along those lines. First one to go from the front to back and vice versa wins.

What doou think of these, and are there any better or other games we could try that are world cup related.

Cheers tom

nisfo
10-06-2010, 09:40 PM
A picture quiz or something related would be good.

A4 sheet with team flags printed on.

Or Team colors.

Even old pics of past world cup players.

Long shot, but worth a try ;)

StarZSoundS
10-06-2010, 10:16 PM
Long Story ....but we have used this to good effect today at work....

Penalty Prize!!

Small Training goal(about 2 ft high)....cheap football!!NO KEEPER
!!

Place numbers 1 - 6 in front of the Goal with varying difficulties.(one very easy)

Two Dice.

Select 10 girls to play 10 boys.....

They get two penalties each....from the locations that they roll with the dice.Winners are obviously the highest scorers....out of 20....jobs a good un

thex-faders
10-06-2010, 10:52 PM
Long Story ....but we have used this to good effect today at work....

Penalty Prize!!

Small Training goal(about 2 ft high)....cheap football!!NO KEEPER
!!

Place numbers 1 - 6 in front of the Goal with varying difficulties.(one very easy)

Two Dice.

Select 10 girls to play 10 boys.....

They get two penalties each....from the locations that they roll with the dice.Winners are obviously the highest scorers....out of 20....jobs a good un

ok so for example 1 would be right in the middle of the goal pretty close. and 6 would be pretty far away at an angle?

Role the dice to decide what number they shoot from and then if they score they get the points.

Sounds good to me. The gigs for my old high school so i can probably get the PE department invovled for a small goal and ball etc.

StarZSoundS
11-06-2010, 06:48 AM
ok so for example 1 would be right in the middle of the goal pretty close. and 6 would be pretty far away at an angle?

Role the dice to decide what number they shoot from and then if they score they get the points.

Sounds good to me. The gigs for my old high school so i can probably get the PE department invovled for a small goal and ball etc.

Not quite....but nearly.

You have taken away the chance element and the fun of the roll of the dice that way....

We had number three as an easy tap-in.....

But they still only get one goal per kick!!!!!

It went so well yesterday going to make it part of my Kids Parties.....

THE GOAL NEEDS TO BE QUITE SMALL!!!

10 Glosticks for winning team!!

StarZSoundS
11-06-2010, 06:59 AM
It was part of a fantastic World Cup Day I arranged at my daytime workplace....I have more details if it would help...

DJ Jules
11-06-2010, 07:17 AM
It was part of a fantastic World Cup Day I arranged at my daytime workplace....I have more details if it would help...

Holy :Censored: ! Do you do any work? ;)

Julian

StarZSoundS
11-06-2010, 07:57 AM
The management consider this team building!!And they are right....

None of the normal duties were abandoned......the day was run alongside what we normally do!!!;) ;) ;)

It was a HUGE success...

JTRS
14-06-2010, 01:35 PM
The management consider this team building!!And they are right....

None of the normal duties were abandoned......the day was run alongside what we normally do!!!;) ;) ;)

It was a HUGE success...

That actually looks like a lot of fun (and a lot of hard work to organise), and I can see the management take on this because I imagine the atmosphere in the office was brilliant that day.

Nice one

JTRS

James
14-06-2010, 03:46 PM
I'd love to set up a couple of xbox 360's and a couple of LCD's in a corner somewhere for guests to play on