PDA

View Full Version : Glenskirlie Castle

Mark Wild
11-06-2010, 07:23 AM
A heads up possibly on the venue lads? I'll do my usual homework, but the point of view from a fellow DJ is obviously priceless. I've been given a 45 minute window to setup also. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. :)

leelive
11-06-2010, 08:30 AM
I have performed there 3 times in the last month.
At the Castle you can get all your gear just outside the room ready for the meal ending. I wouldn't worry to much as the staff are so slow at changing the room around.. they take a full 45mins. But being practical the room is smallish.. so I just left 4 lights in the car to ensure I could set-up in less time.
ps.
If you are at the House then you could easily set-up in 30mins as it is straight in through the side entrance to the dancefloor. You can pre-set up all your gear outside ready to slide in - provided the weather is nice.
All the best
Lee

Mark Wild
11-06-2010, 09:03 AM
I have performed there 3 times in the last month.
At the Castle you can get all your gear just outside the room ready for the meal ending. I wouldn't worry to much as the staff are so slow at changing the room around.. they take a full 45mins. But being practical the room is smallish.. so I just left 4 lights in the car to ensure I could set-up in less time.
ps.
If you are at the House then you could easily set-up in 30mins as it is straight in through the side entrance to the dancefloor. You can pre-set up all your gear outside ready to slide in - provided the weather is nice.
All the best
Lee

Thanks Lee, appreciate that :) . I'm in the castle, is it far from where you park to the room? any stairs?

leelive
11-06-2010, 11:18 AM
You can park right outside the door. (Everyone else has to use the main car park though). No stairs.

Mark Wild
11-06-2010, 11:20 AM
You can park right outside the door. (Everyone else has to use the main car park though). No stairs.

Cheers Lee :beer1: