PDA

View Full Version : 10/11 yr old disco

lazerdjs
07-07-2006, 04:54 PM
Heya all,

We have a 10 and 11 yr old disco/party coming up next week. It is to celebrate leaving primary school and a birthday. They want a disco with a few music related games slotted in.

Does anyone have any good ideas for simple and effective games and songs that always seem to be popular?

thanks, Olly

KrazyKaz
07-07-2006, 05:16 PM
oops upside your head - boys vs girl comp ( we love it and so do the kids)
limbo
musical statues
dancing competitions
balloon race
pass the balloon

music wise

S club 7 - Reach
DJ Casper - Cha Cha Slide
Whigfield - Saturday night
Los Del Rio - Macarena
Steps - 5,6,7,8
Las Ketchup - The Ketchup Song (Aserje)
Girls Aloud - Any of them
McFly - Any of them

For a bit of a giggle there's always Fast Food Song or of course, Crazy Frog !!!

Basically anything in the charts

dj_ags
07-07-2006, 05:24 PM
Well its not really music related as such, but it always goes down a storm!

It is called the mummy game. This involves getting the children into equal groups, around 5 in each works best. They then have to select someone to be the mummy.

Once selected, they are then given 3 rolls of toilet paper, of which the other 4 members of the group have to wrap around the mummy, obviously leavin holes around the nose and mouth for safety reasons!

While this is going on, The Bangles - Walk Like An Egyptian is playing. They will have the duration of the song to complete the task in hand. Once the song has finished, so do they and as the song states, they then have to walk like an Egyptian. The song will go back on and they will do this. You/judges will select the winner.

Sorry if it sounds bit long winded but it certainly goes down a treat!

Jiggles
07-07-2006, 05:40 PM
heres a book for you

BeerFunk
07-07-2006, 10:23 PM
You're gonna make the kids read books?! :omg:

I'm all for educating our children, but jeez, let them have a bit of fun now and again! :teeth: ;)

Jiggles
07-07-2006, 10:34 PM
You're gonna make the kids read books?! :omg:

I'm all for educating our children, but jeez, let them have a bit of fun now and again! :teeth: ;)

LOL :teeth:

funkymike
08-07-2006, 12:16 AM
Well its not really music related as such, but it always goes down a storm!

It is called the mummy game. This involves getting the children into equal groups, around 5 in each works best. They then have to select someone to be the mummy.

Once selected, they are then given 3 rolls of toilet paper, of which the other 4 members of the group have to wrap around the mummy, obviously leavin holes around the nose and mouth for safety reasons!

While this is going on, The Bangles - Walk Like An Egyptian is playing. They will have the duration of the song to complete the task in hand. Once the song has finished, so do they and as the song states, they then have to walk like an Egyptian. The song will go back on and they will do this. You/judges will select the winner.

Sorry if it sounds bit long winded but it certainly goes down a treat!

What a cracking idea, done similer in a pub games night, like this

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/79/160420060404hg.th.jpg (http://img137.imageshack.us/my.php?image=160420060404hg.jpg)

Plus thers the claasics like, The arches and snowball and they learn about there first songs lol :teeth:

Corabar Steve
08-07-2006, 02:07 AM
AVIOD musical bumps/chairs or anything that they can injure themselves if they get over enthusiastic

lazerdjs
17-07-2006, 10:30 AM
Thanks for all your help and advice the gig went very well and I am now an expert for next time! :teeth:

+Scooby+
17-07-2006, 08:26 PM
What a cracking idea, done similer in a pub games night, like this

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/79/160420060404hg.th.jpg (http://img137.imageshack.us/my.php?image=160420060404hg.jpg)

Plus thers the claasics like, The arches and snowball and they learn about there first songs lol :teeth:

That image link has pop ups

Have a disco
17-07-2006, 10:38 PM
try a game of freeze or mud as it use to be known needa few adult judges but works every time no risks apart from them making fools of themselves whilst trying to stp when music does

Corabar Steve
18-07-2006, 07:12 AM
try a game of freeze or mud as it use to be known needa few adult judges but works every time no risks apart from them making fools of themselves whilst trying to stp when music does
That would be musical statues then?

soundtracker
18-07-2006, 07:23 AM
Think you'll find its too late now! Gig done!!

Corabar Steve
18-07-2006, 08:07 AM
Think you'll find its too late now! Gig done!!
'sallright I was just replying to Badger anyway