PDA

View Full Version : Six Pack

CD Pool
15-06-2010, 12:02 PM
We are pleased to announce the introduction of our weekly digital download pack 'Six Pack'. You can choose from a variety of genres and the price is rather attractive.

For a weekly price of £2.95 or monthly £9.95 there no reason not to be up to date with genre of your choice,

Please check it out.

www.cdpooldigital.com

Mark Wild
15-06-2010, 01:20 PM
Great idea, but it's a shame you can't mix n match the 6 tracks you want.

WWDJ
15-06-2010, 01:52 PM
I had to nip out but I am going to comment along the same lines.

There are frequent thread on here about getting tracks pre-release legally, and in short it is nigh on impossible.

As a mobile jock, my customers will be listening to music ahead of release on Radio 1 and on Music Television. I can't buy those tracks ahead of release yet my customers download them illegally from limewire etc (a route which I refuse to go down).

When I was younger and doing bars and pubs I used the CD Pool service and it was very effective as this was a good way of distributing tracks nad you accepted that some would never get played.

Nowadays, I only buy the tracks that I want digitally so there is less waste.

I would happily sign up to a subscription model that
- Let me choose the tracks I wanted either pre-release or old classics to pack out the collection. i play cross-genre and to all types of audience.
- was priced reasonably (and i think 6 pack is, so lets work on that model), 24 tracks for £9.95 per months say, use them or lose them would actually encourage me to try new genres because i've already paid.
- DRM free
- 320k / wav download
- I own the music and can legally play it to my customers.

I am watching closely all the download services as the right one will come along soon.

Good luck with 6 Pack.

Excalibur
15-06-2010, 07:38 PM
I echo everything Dave said above.

womble
15-06-2010, 07:55 PM
I concur!

Dynamic Entertainment
15-06-2010, 10:47 PM
As do i.

BTW, a major rub of mine is an error you have in your FAQ....

Under "Do i need a licence to play music in my DJ work", you (rightly so) mention ProDub. However, your statement

If you are a laptop DJ working in the UK you will need to obtain the Pro-Dub licence from either PPL or PRS for Music.

is wrong!

Ive had a couple of "discussions" with venues before who have been on the ball with ProDub, and i support it 100%, but i do not need the licence as i download directly to the HDD i use for my playout!

Its a major ballache of mine when the public is misinformed due to FAQs like yours, and through similar generic statements, and i can only see it getting worse as ProDub becomes more common knowledge.

I luckily had my phone with me a couple of weeks ago and could access the internet when a venue manager was refusing to let me set up because i was a laptop dj...but "didnt" have the licence, and he was under the impression that laptop djs MUST have ProDub (as your statement suggests)....im pleased that he was so on-the-ball, but it would have been a very different story had i not beed able to access the internet and correct him in his assumptions!

CD Pool
16-06-2010, 10:16 AM
This is all great feedback. Six Pack is a very new service so we are always looking for ways to improve our services. Does anyone subscrube to Six Pack at the moment?

rossken
16-06-2010, 08:41 PM
This is all great feedback. Six Pack is a very new service so we are always looking for ways to improve our services. Does anyone subscrube to Six Pack at the moment?

I subscribe to the Chart Six Pack.

Corabar Steve
17-06-2010, 09:08 AM
Not any more, I let it lapse as the "hit" rate wasn't all that (I did get Chart & Indie for the first month)

Creature
20-06-2010, 04:27 PM
Nope not subscribed as like all other dj pool type companies you dont cover regually the generes i work with 90% of teh time

CD Pool
21-06-2010, 10:36 AM
What genres do you work with Creature?

CD Pool
21-06-2010, 10:44 AM
Hi Dynamic Entertainment,

I have just done a little research into what you have said and yes you are correct if you download direct to your hard drive then that can cause I little discrepancy. I will advise an amendment to be made to our FAQ's.

Dynamic Entertainment
21-06-2010, 01:14 PM
Hi Dynamic Entertainment,

I have just done a little research into what you have said and yes you are correct if you download direct to your hard drive then that can cause I little discrepancy. I will advise an amendment to be made to our FAQ's.

Thank you :beer1:

Im sure i wont be the only one whos ran/runs into the situation explained as ProDub becomes more well known. :)

Creature
21-06-2010, 02:41 PM
CD POOL - you have PM

Danno13
27-07-2010, 12:39 AM
Having trialed this service for a month, I really can't continue it as the latest release contains explicit verions of tracks! What a stupid thing to do, really can't beleive they've done this and have emailed my concerns.

Hopefully they can sort this out, else it's back to the drawing board :(

STEVE HANLEY
27-07-2010, 01:06 AM
I started a thread about CD pool a month or so Back

http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/showthread.php?t=27049&highlight=pool

And still didn't get the answer I was looking for:( :(

soundtracker
27-07-2010, 09:39 AM
Having trialed this service for a month, I really can't continue it as the latest release contains explicit verions of tracks! What a stupid thing to do, really can't beleive they've done this and have emailed my concerns.

Must admit having subscribed I'm also disappointed to find that I've purchased filth, it looks like I'll be returning to mastermix where I can rely on "radio-friendly" tracks.

womble
17-08-2010, 11:00 PM

I've just let my monthly trial lapse too.

1) explicit versions are no use to me
2) only 50% of the tracks have ever been played (who wants to listen to Jedward's cover of Blink 182, really?)

I would also like to get hold of pre-release tracks...

CD Pool
07-09-2010, 10:49 AM
Hi guys and gals,

Exciting news! CD Pool Digital now present our weekly Club 6 Pack. This disc features the best floor fillers of the week. Check it out!

http://www.cdpooldigital.com/release/club-12s-sixpack-w-c-6th-sept-10-48222

CD Pool

DB Entertainments
07-09-2010, 01:17 PM
I had to nip out but I am going to comment along the same lines.

There are frequent thread on here about getting tracks pre-release legally, and in short it is nigh on impossible.

As a mobile jock, my customers will be listening to music ahead of release on Radio 1 and on Music Television. I can't buy those tracks ahead of release yet my customers download them illegally from limewire etc (a route which I refuse to go down).

When I was younger and doing bars and pubs I used the CD Pool service and it was very effective as this was a good way of distributing tracks nad you accepted that some would never get played.

Nowadays, I only buy the tracks that I want digitally so there is less waste.

I would happily sign up to a subscription model that
- Let me choose the tracks I wanted either pre-release or old classics to pack out the collection. i play cross-genre and to all types of audience.
- was priced reasonably (and i think 6 pack is, so lets work on that model), 24 tracks for £9.95 per months say, use them or lose them would actually encourage me to try new genres because i've already paid.
- DRM free
- 320k / wav download
- I own the music and can legally play it to my customers.

I am watching closely all the download services as the right one will come along soon.

Good luck with 6 Pack.

Well Said Dave

DB Entertainments
07-09-2010, 01:20 PM
Ive had a couple of "discussions" with venues before who have been on the ball with ProDub, and i support it 100%, but i do not need the licence as i download directly to the HDD i use for my playout!

Hi Steve - are you 100% sure your correct there?

What about your tracks that you ripped from your Cd collection to your hard drive?

Daley :)

soundtracker
07-09-2010, 01:25 PM
Back on Topic please we have enough Pro-Dub debates already!

Dynamic Entertainment
07-09-2010, 08:49 PM
Back on Topic please we have enough Pro-Dub debates already!
Sorry Pete. i think this warrants a reply and ill draw a line under it. :)

Hi Steve - are you 100% sure your correct there?

What about your tracks that you ripped from your Cd collection to your hard drive?

Daley :)
I havent ripped any CDs from my collection. Im steadily using a mix of both CD and MP3 with a view to slimming down the Cd collection and moving entirely over to MP3 with direct downloads.

And theres the line
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________

:D

DB Entertainments
07-09-2010, 08:56 PM
gottcha mate :)

Corabar Steve
08-09-2010, 01:01 PM
:ontopic:

simonp
20-12-2010, 05:50 PM
I've been subscribing to the chart Hits and Dance 6 pack since they started. It has to be said that this weeks (Dec 20th) Chart pack is very very very disappointing indeed - NDubz & Katy B are the only tracks worth having on there (and even then I can't imagine I'll be playing the N-Dubz too often!!!) - the rest are absolutely sub standard fillers of the lowest order!

Danno13
20-12-2010, 06:13 PM
Tensnake - Coma Cat is a good track, but I don't think it charted and was dropped from Radio Ones playlistafter just a couple of weeks a while back so not sure why it's resurfaced? Also, it appears to be a remix so don't know how close to the orginal version it is, until I download later.

simonp
21-12-2010, 03:56 PM
Tensnake - Coma Cat is a good track, but I don't think it charted and was dropped from Radio Ones playlistafter just a couple of weeks a while back so not sure why it's resurfaced? Also, it appears to be a remix so don't know how close to the orginal version it is, until I download later.

Yes it is a decent track Danno, but that's on the Dance 6 pack and I'm ranting about the chart 6 pack :lol:

CD Pool
02-01-2011, 02:06 PM
Hi guys, it's great to see some fresh responses about 6 Pack all your thoughts really do help. It's great for us to know which tracks you like and don't like so we can continue to adapt our service for you all!

Creature
02-01-2011, 02:09 PM
must admit have been using them extensivelly on bookings recently and must say wasnt missing many tracks.

even the explicet versions had more requests over the edited versions.(waste of money me buying the edited versions extra)

Creature
04-03-2011, 04:06 PM
Just been to review the 6 packs and tho good value for money - still I only want to buy the tracks I want !. there are 2 tracks in the indie pack that I would like but not teh rest.

and after spending the last 2 months going through every track on my cortex's hard drive and deleted over half of the tracks as I never use them and they just taking up space. I don't want to fill it up again on stuff I dont want or need.

so like above have used your great website to review tracks but am forced to go and buy them else were !

soundtracker
20-12-2011, 12:23 AM
Bit disappointing that we get Bieber - Misteltoe again this week, when we had it on the 24th of October 6 pack!

Excalibur
20-12-2011, 08:00 AM
Bit disappointing that we get Bieber - Misteltoe again this week, when we had it on the 24th of October 6 pack!

Thank you for pointing that out. I thought it was just me being forgetful.