PDA

View Full Version : ICA, London

wensleydale
16-06-2010, 06:28 PM
Anyone worked here-
http://www.ica.org.uk/

If so- any tips/comments on loading, space etc?

(Please- no "give them a call" or "look at the website" replies).

Thanks

Rich

Corabar Steve
17-06-2010, 08:05 AM
I've not actually worked there, but I have attended a few gigs by some relatively big bands there. I would assume that it won't be an issue if they can handle the live gigs (I can't see Suede (for example) taking their kit in through the front door)

gaza
17-06-2010, 09:28 AM
I have not done a gig there, but i did put some Photocopiers in there about 7 years ago.
There is no off road parking and once inside the front door is about 8 or nine steps.
I remember the other way in is through the basement level with steps down from the street level. They also had quite a small lift that was too small for one of the large copiers, but ok for just disco gear.

gaza
17-06-2010, 09:45 AM
Sorry, i am little confused.
I checked the location by the post code and it comes up as Carlton Gardens, but the address on the website is Pall Mall.
The building that i was talking about in my first post is in Carlton Gardens.

James
17-06-2010, 10:29 AM
Our band played there in 2003, if it's the same one i'm thinking of, it's on the main buckingham palace strip?

You're playing in the Queens front garden if it is

From what i can remember we loaded in through the front door at 10:30 am and wasn't due to play until 9:30 in the evening, you walk through like a coffee shop/art gallery type area and the gig room is at the end of that corridoor.

Not a particulary big room, and they do have an in house PA

gaza
17-06-2010, 12:01 PM
Our band played there in 2003, if it's the same one i'm thinking of, it's on the main buckingham palace strip?

You're playing in the Queens front garden if it is

From what i can remember we loaded in through the front door at 10:30 am and wasn't due to play until 9:30 in the evening, you walk through like a coffee shop/art gallery type area and the gig room is at the end of that corridoor.

Not a particulary big room, and they do have an in house PA

That's the Mall ( the red road )

Corabar Steve
19-06-2010, 10:03 AM
Indeed it is.