PDA

View Full Version : UK Bride

wensleydale
19-06-2010, 02:40 PM
For those who signed up how is this going?
Any comments on whether it's proved worthwhile?
Things looking a little quiet for the start of 2011 for me so looking at a few different options to try and get some dates in the diary.

deltic
19-06-2010, 03:57 PM
absolutely nothing from it

Vectis
19-06-2010, 04:28 PM
There's a thread in the supporters section (titled 'Question') by Charlie Brown debating the same topic.

Without giving too much away, he's underwhelmed with the response to date.

Corabar Entertainment
19-06-2010, 04:36 PM
Ermm - Martin: threads are in the supporters section because the posters don't want to post publicly. It kind of defeats the object if you're going to post in the main forums saying who posted what
:lol:

Vectis
19-06-2010, 04:50 PM
Ermm - Martin: threads are in the supporters section because the posters don't want to post publicly. It kind of defeats the object if you're going to post in the main forums saying who posted what
:lol:

Yeah I know that :whome:

I could've posted a lot more :D At least by posing a teaser you might get another subscriber :o

Corabar Entertainment
19-06-2010, 04:52 PM
Ooooh - you..... :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

discomobiledj
19-06-2010, 05:50 PM
There's a thread in the supporters section (titled 'Question') by Charlie Brown debating the same topic.

Without giving too much away, he's underwhelmed with the response to date.

What an interesting read. I won't mention what's in it but it's well worth the £1 a month....oh and the arcade games!

Paul The Party Dj
20-06-2010, 06:10 PM
I joined - I've just had my 3rd set of 50 leads.
So far I've only converted one - but that paid for the year.
I have to be honest and say I've not dedicated as much time to it as perhaps I should.
My target was to convert at least one each month, I hoped to do a lot better than that.
If I don't get at least 10 I will not renew next year.

STEVE HANLEY
20-06-2010, 06:25 PM
I joined - I've just had my 3rd set of 50 leads.
So far I've only converted one - but that paid for the year.
I have to be honest and say I've not dedicated as much time to it as perhaps I should.
My target was to convert at least one each month, I hoped to do a lot better than that.
If I don't get at least 10 I will not renew next year.

Was going to, but that tells me all I need to know. Cheers Paul:beer1: :beer1:

DeckstarDeluxe
20-06-2010, 06:45 PM
Gotta say when I went on the forums on UK bride I found some of what and how the brides were discussing rather interesting...........

All I'll say is Im not in any rush to hand over my hard earnt cash....

DazzyD
20-06-2010, 10:47 PM
Gotta say when I went on the forums on UK bride I found some of what and how the brides were discussing rather interesting...........

All I'll say is Im not in any rush to hand over my hard earnt cash....

When the whole UK Bride thing started I had a look at the site and the forum (in the same way I would research any potential marketing channel) and I made quick opinions then. From what I keep reading here I have to say my opinions haven't changed.

But, saying that, I agree with Paul in that all forms of marketing require time, effort and (usually!) expense to make it effective. If you don't put the resources in and you don't get the returns then you can't really blame the marketing. Sales is all about seeing an opportunity and turning it in to a booking, after all.

Vectis
20-06-2010, 11:02 PM
My impression of said site was that they go after numbers rather than quality. A bit like the 'pile it high, sell it cheap' methodology.

I concluded that they raise revenue through advertising sales based on very large number of visitors, forum members etc., and through dragging members across the site which is laden with affiliate and CPC ads.. However the value of said visitors is questionable because they tend towards the lower end of the market.

Now if you want a site that goes after quality rather than numbers.... :zip:

rob1963
20-06-2010, 11:04 PM
Now if you want a site that goes after quality rather than numbers.... :zip:

Agreed...I've found Hitched to be very successful!

;)

Vectis
20-06-2010, 11:05 PM
Agreed...I've found Hitched to be very successful!

;)

:ner:

How many DVDs was it again? :D

rob1963
20-06-2010, 11:09 PM
:ner:

How many DVDs was it again? :D

:whiteflag: