PDA

View Full Version : Broomhill Hotel, Northampton

OllieJames
20-06-2010, 05:24 PM
Hi all,

Has anyone gigged at Broomhill Hotel in Northampton? I've got a Year 13 prom for an all girls school (tough job, but somebody's gotta do it! :o :p ;)).

Just wondered what the get in is like?

Cheers!

DJ James Lake
20-06-2010, 06:57 PM
Hi all,

Has anyone gigged at Broomhill Hotel in Northampton? I've got a Year 13 prom for an all girls school (tough job, but somebody's gotta do it! :o :p ;)).

Just wondered what the get in is like?

Cheers!

I would imagine its probably in the marquee. Should be major problems although if memory serves me right its a cobbled path to the marquee so trolleys are out of the question.

Distance wise, 20 feet from the car down a path and then lug it to the far end of the marquee.

spin mobile disco
20-06-2010, 07:40 PM
Yeah I play it a lot, depending on where you setup you have to deal with either a low ceiling either side or a narrow setup between the wall and dancefloor (wooden planks) the whole marque is over paving slabs as well so the floor is good for a marque but still eneven. And as James said the carry in is quite long but they have a trolley with pnumatic tyres that go over the path and you can borrow it normally.

P.S for a small venue it takes a lot of power due to being a marque so watch those clip lights.

OllieJames
20-06-2010, 07:54 PM
I would imagine its probably in the marquee. Should be major problems although if memory serves me right its a cobbled path to the marquee so trolleys are out of the question.

Distance wise, 20 feet from the car down a path and then lug it to the far end of the marquee.

Yeah I play it a lot, depending on where you setup you have to deal with either a low ceiling either side or a narrow setup between the wall and dancefloor (wooden planks) the whole marque is over paving slabs as well so the floor is good for a marque but still eneven. And as James said the carry in is quite long but they have a trolley with pnumatic tyres that go over the path and you can borrow it normally.

P.S for a small venue it takes a lot of power due to being a marque so watch those clip lights.

Excellent - thanks for the info guys, just what I was after! :approve:

DJ James Lake
20-06-2010, 08:52 PM
Will be curious to see if they have removed the green mildue from all over the marquee, last time I was there it looked really scruffy

OllieJames
20-06-2010, 08:56 PM
Will be curious to see if they have removed the green mildue from all over the marquee, last time I was there it looked really scruffy

Haha! Well, I'll let you know! By the way - I got all the PAT stuff in the post OK. :)

DJ James Lake
20-06-2010, 09:39 PM
Haha! Well, I'll let you know! By the way - I got all the PAT stuff in the post OK. :)

Cool was going to call you tomorrow to double check :)