PDA

View Full Version : Short term PLI policy

Dillmiester
23-06-2010, 05:57 PM
Hi folks,
Ive decided to come out of retirement for one last Disco for a close friend (her wedding). She has hired a venue and I am sure they will wish to see my PLI policy. The trouble is this ran out ages ago since I havent been working.
Im looking for a short term or weekend cover as once this is done im hanging up my headphones.
All the insureres I have found so far do not offer short term and im not even sure I require cover if i am helping out a friend at her wedding for beer money?

Chris

A1DL
23-06-2010, 05:59 PM
im not even sure I require cover if i am helping out a friend at her wedding for beer money?

Chris

Chris, you need cover, absolutely no doubt about it. Accidents aren't circumstantially selective!!

Dynamic Entertainment
23-06-2010, 07:12 PM
In the past LeisureInsure have done single event cover.

Dillmiester
23-06-2010, 08:02 PM
thanks, ill have a look.

Danno13
23-06-2010, 10:46 PM
When you can get a whole year £10million PLI policy for £75 as part of NADJ membership, how cheap are you really expecting short-term cover to be?

rob1963
23-06-2010, 11:53 PM
When you can get a whole year £10million PLI policy for £75 as part of NADJ membership, how cheap are you really expecting short-term cover to be?

Indeed...or even a £10 million PLI policy for £49 as part of AMP DJ membership!

Dillmiester
24-06-2010, 07:20 AM

I know, but this isnt a business anymore so I dont need a years cover. I wouldnt expect to hire a van for the weekend and expect it to come with insurance for a year after. It may be I end up having to do this, but when your doing something as a favour you want to keep the costs down for them.

cheers for the replys

Dillmiester
17-07-2010, 10:39 AM
Thanks for the advice, its now sorted via Leisure Insure, £35 for the weekend.

Cheers

CRAZY K
17-07-2010, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the advice, its now sorted via Leisure Insure, £35 for the weekend.

Cheers

Get the Bride to pay the bill if your doing them a beer money Wedding;)

Corabar Entertainment
17-07-2010, 01:51 PM
Get the Bride to pay the bill if your doing them a beer money Wedding;)

....when your doing something as a favour you want to keep the costs down for them.:zip:

Punchy
01-10-2010, 02:08 PM
I found this link in another forum if it helps...

http://www.djpli.com/

£29 for a year, or just the one wedding ;)

Gotta be worth it just for piece of mind..

CRAZY K
01-10-2010, 05:23 PM
I found this link in another forum if it helps...

http://www.djpli.com/

£29 for a year, or just the one wedding ;)

Gotta be worth it just for piece of mind..

At that price I would read everything;)

Punchy
01-10-2010, 05:25 PM
yeah guess so...

...but the bloke, who was in the video trying to sell it, said how good it was, surely he wouldn`t lie to me ?!?

CRAZY K
01-10-2010, 05:33 PM
yeah guess so...

...but the bloke, who was in the video trying to sell it, said how good it was, surely he wouldn`t lie to me ?!?

:fp:

Who is he--doesnt look like an Insurance expert to me--just someone selling a cheap add on as if its not important to consider the quality of who is backing it--unless its someone like Norwich Union or More than ( Royal Sun Alliance) I wouldnt personally bother.

I mean---all DJs are the same arent they?

pwes
26-11-2010, 12:08 PM
haha, only just caught up with this... Dodgy looking bloke in the video is ME !

I'm not an insurance salesman, I'm a DJ, and have been for many years, and spotted a gap in the market where we were being overcharged !

Do have a full read of the policy and all the details, and the FAQ section on the website, you'll soon see it's the same policy as all the others offer, but a lot cheaper, no catch ! It's underwritten (supplied) by a major insurance company called Hanover Insurance, and is brokered (sold) through the same people who broker the NADJ policy and the £49 people ;-)

CRAZY K
26-11-2010, 02:11 PM
It's underwritten (supplied) by a major insurance company called Hanover Insurance,

NEVER HEARD OF THEM as a major player in UK.

:confused:

Appear to be American like AIG the American Insurer who were the Worlds largest Insurer--- I believe they had to get an 85 billion dollar loan from the Fed to survive.

Not knocking, just pleased im covered with Norwich Union.