PDA

View Full Version : The worse wedding DJ I've ever seen, absolutly amazes me

The_Blue_Dragon
29-06-2010, 02:16 PM
Hi people,
I went to my mates wedding on Saturday and they decided to go for the venue's resident DJ even though they told me themself they dont like him and I offered him a reduced rate as he is a really good mate.

People started arriving at 7 which is when the partys was surpose to start but the DJ didn't start till 8 which annoyed alot of people, it then got to 10 and the DJ hadn't said 1 word over the mic and when he was asked to play songs for the bride and groom he said "No I'm not doing requests yet". Then at 10:30 people were asking if there were going to be any speeches and the bride and groom said they should have been at 9 but they were waiting for the DJ to announce them, so I decided to have a word with him and he said "Noone has mentioned speeches so I thought they wasn't having any" :o I was shocked at this and couldn't believe what I was hearing.

Then when it came to the first dance the DJ forgot what song he was surpose to play and then when he was told he found he didn't have the song so just played a random song. He also din't fetch his karaoke stuff even though they wanted karaoke as their whole family loved it. Through out the entire night the DJ didn't say 1 thing over the mic and got the bride and groom to announce everything.

What amazes me is the bride and groom both work at the venue so the DJ had plenty of time to double check things but he just decided not to. Before I left I passed my number to the manager and said to give me a call if he needs a dj. Reminds me of that video somewhere on youtube that says something like "The DJ either makes or breaks your wedding, don't go cheap"

yourdj
29-06-2010, 02:54 PM
people will never learn. Its the equivalent of hiring a builder you sometimes have to trust the individual and many people may talk the talk but cannot do the job to save their lives.

deltic
29-06-2010, 03:50 PM
anyone can buy some kit........................doesn't mean they can use it!!!

Shaun
29-06-2010, 03:52 PM
Hi people,
I went to my mates wedding on Saturday and they decided to go for the venue's resident DJ even though they told me themself they dont like him

What amazes me is the bride and groom both work at the venue

If they work at the same venue as the resident DJ, and decided to use him despite them not liking him.....then more fool them.

JTRS
29-06-2010, 03:56 PM
If they work at the same venue as the resident DJ, and decided to use him despite them not liking him.....then more fool them.

I was thinking the same, surely they must have seen him in action and/or heard feedback about his ability (or lack of) as a DJ.

JTRS

CRAZY K
29-06-2010, 04:02 PM

Why the surprise?

Its the oldest story in the book of why things go wrong at Weddings.;)

Bottom line cost.:bang:

Most of us gave up a long time ago worrying about what the B and G are thinking of booking cheap Entertainment and how it can ruin the big day.

Thankfully some still have brains and can work it out for themselves:eek:
and phone some of us from time to time:D :D :D

Vectis
29-06-2010, 04:12 PM
What's not clear from the OP is whether the B & G in question were unhappy with the service they received?

They might have been delighted with their £50 bargain ...

ppentertainments
29-06-2010, 04:16 PM
What's not clear from the OP is whether the B & G in question were unhappy with the service they received?

They might have been delighted with their £50 bargain ...

That's what I was thinking. They obviously know what the DJ was like as they work in the venue, so maybe it was his style they liked and wanted, for whatever reason :confused: :confused:

deltic
29-06-2010, 04:19 PM
That's what I was thinking. They obviously know what the DJ was like as they work in the venue, so maybe it was his style they liked and wanted, for whatever reason :confused: :confused:

it shows how peoples expectations of a disco vary enormously.

Megamix
29-06-2010, 04:53 PM
I think most of the audience probably expected a bit more than he offered - so despite it possibly pleasing the B+G they let down their guests, who should have a minimum standard of entertainment.

The_Blue_Dragon
29-06-2010, 05:06 PM
Yes the B&G were disappointed and someof the guests even said they felt sorry for the B&G. I have no idea to be honest why they went for him, someone mentioned that the b&g might have wanted me to enjoy the party with the rest of their friends.

NKR
29-06-2010, 05:41 PM
Yes the B&G were disappointed and someof the guests even said they felt sorry for the B&G. I have no idea to be honest why they went for him, someone mentioned that the b&g might have wanted me to enjoy the party with the rest of their friends.

I am sure there is more than you and this other chap covering your area.
They don't like him and wanted you to enjoy the wedding.
Now call me old fashioned - find someone else!

As it stands it sounds like you didn't actually enjoy the wedding anyway because of the rubbish DJ. So on both counts they cocked it up.

Excalibur
29-06-2010, 05:55 PM
I am sure there is more than you and this other chap covering your area.
They don't like him and wanted you to enjoy the wedding.
Now call me old fashioned - find someone else!

As it stands it sounds like you didn't actually enjoy the wedding anyway because of the rubbish DJ. So on both counts they cocked it up.

We know someone, don't we children? ;) :D :D There are indeed other DJ's in Sheffield.