PDA

View Full Version : The New Citroen C4 Advert

dj_ags
11-07-2006, 01:23 PM
Does anyone know the artist and track title of the song that features on the new Citroen C4 advert?

Im just intreged to find out as it has just been on and it is a catchy tune it has to be said. Lets hope it takes off and gets released, just as Les Rhthmes Digitales - Jacques Your Body (Make Me Sweat) !

Maybe not worded correctly but hopefully you get my drift! :teeth:

Thanks in advance!

Solitaire Events Ltd
11-07-2006, 01:28 PM
This (http://www.commercialbreaksandbeats.co.uk/index.asp) is normally good for stuff like that, unfortunately, it's not on there though yet :sad:

dj_ags
11-07-2006, 01:30 PM
Appreciate the help Daz :thumbs_up :beer:

As its a new advert, they probably havn't put it up on there yet...but i'll keep checking back for updates :teeth:

Solitaire Events Ltd
11-07-2006, 01:31 PM
It's a good site, and useful for me for quizzes too.

dj andy allwood
11-07-2006, 01:48 PM
yes its by THE EGG and its called WALKING AWAY

it was released yesterday

dj_ags
11-07-2006, 01:50 PM
Fantastic stuff Andy :teeth:

Thanks for finding that out for me..i owe you one :beer:

dj andy allwood
11-07-2006, 01:52 PM
Fantastic stuff Andy :teeth:

Thanks for finding that out for me..i owe you one :beer:

not a problem there is a mash up out there with david guetta quite good lol

dj_ags
11-07-2006, 02:02 PM
not a problem there is a mash up out there with david guetta quite good lol

Just did a search on the HMV website, and that came up on the search. Aparantly, the one used on the Citroen C4 advert is Tocadisco Radio Edit...sounds good. Just waiting for it to come out on 12" as i want it for my vinyl collection! The David Guetta mash is already on 12", so i'll probably get them both as soon as they both become available!

Thanks again!

Have a disco
11-07-2006, 02:52 PM
had this last year under this mix had to dig it out of the archives

dj andy allwood
11-07-2006, 02:54 PM
had this last year under this mix had to dig it out of the archives

did you have it on a cd pool or mastermix pro disc?

soundlad
11-07-2006, 03:44 PM
i think if you go onto there website they have clips of the adverts. Great cars though my dad has one!

dj_ags
11-07-2006, 03:57 PM
Great cars though my dad has one!

Apart from they're French :D

soundlad
11-07-2006, 04:21 PM
well there is that but i haveno say in the matter!

dj_ags
11-07-2006, 04:25 PM
:teeth: LOL :teeth:

Well by the sounds of it, all of our cars manufactured here in Britain are to soon move to the continent. Lotus have already moved to the far east due to costs, etc.

Rover are over, but are apartantly going to be resurrected from death and are to move to the far east as well. I don't know if this rumour is true but we'll have to wait and see!

soundlad
11-07-2006, 04:32 PM
Yeh, but the prices of Rover cars are starting to go up again, dnt know why

dj_ags
11-07-2006, 04:36 PM
I found that to!

Seems stupid to me as you can't get many spares for them any more as the company are no more!

Even down the car auctions, they are going way over the recommended price set in the Cap Black Book.

I was down a local British Car Auction a couple of weeks ago, as im looking into getting a car as i can take my test in a few months time, and i was just weighing up my options!

One thing is for sure...i won't be getting a Rover or MG come to that :teeth:

Have a disco
11-07-2006, 05:06 PM
did you have it on a cd pool or mastermix pro disc?

got it promo from the label in late November

dj andy allwood
11-07-2006, 06:07 PM
got it promo from the label in late November

great :teeth:
did you play it before the advert came out lol

Have a disco
11-07-2006, 06:10 PM
hammered it for abpout a month then label said to stop all play until further notice about 2 months ago probably due to the advert sale of its use

dj andy allwood
11-07-2006, 06:12 PM
hammered it for abpout a month then label said to stop all play until further notice about 2 months ago probably due to the advert sale of its use

yeah probably bet there telling you to play it like crazy now lol :teeth:

Corabar Steve
11-07-2006, 06:14 PM
hammered it for abpout a month then label said to stop all play until further notice about 2 months ago probably due to the advert sale of its useThey can tell you not to play it??????

How would they enforce this?

Solitaire Events Ltd
11-07-2006, 06:19 PM
I would have thought it better promotion if you did play it?

Corabar Entertainment
11-07-2006, 06:21 PM
But they may have had some sort of temporary 'exclusivity' contract with the makers of the advert??????????

Solitaire Events Ltd
11-07-2006, 06:23 PM
But they may have had some sort of temporary 'exclusivity' contract with the makers of the advert??????????

Blimey, anyone would think you're a lawyer.... :teeth:

Corabar Steve
11-07-2006, 06:23 PM
Still wouldn't be able to enforce it I would have thought

Corabar Entertainment
11-07-2006, 06:25 PM
It's just a case of revoking a licence.... then if it were used, it would be the same as using a 'dodgy' copy, surely.
Blimey, anyone would think you're a lawyer.... :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Corabar Steve
11-07-2006, 06:28 PM
But how are they going to catch anyone at it? At least if it were a matter of a licence, they could see if you have one or not. Catching you playing one particular track, near impossible!

Have a disco
11-07-2006, 08:44 PM
was requested to pull playing the promo in late january and then asked to start playing it again about 6 weeks ago this was due to legal ramifications (any promo can be pulled back) for such like reasons had it happen for fatboy slims promo album of singles for same reason ADVERTS

Corabar Entertainment
11-07-2006, 08:46 PM
Did it come on a CD on it's own, or was it on a compilation with others?

If the former, then you could easily leave it at home, if the latter....... would be very difficult to police. Do they do any checks Badger and if so, how?

Corabar Steve
11-07-2006, 08:53 PM
Did it come on a CD on it's own, or was it on a compilation with others?

If the former, then you could easily leave it at home, if the latter....... would be very difficult to police. Do they do any checks Badger and if so, how?
My point exactly

Have a disco
11-07-2006, 08:57 PM
With the citroen c4 one it came via email friom the company in MP3 format as did all paperwork only rule being it must never appear on a shared file that could be used for ie (P2P)

With fatboy slim I had a 2 cd set when I was working in the clubs they checked incidently with manager to ensure we wasnt using it. and was almost asked to return discs but the legal issues were resolved and promotion restarted.

Policing of the P2P sites is almost impossible but they did try to. in general policing is almost impossible its mainly down to trusting us .

I remember plugging Sydney Youngbloods - If only I could, for well over a year it was pulled and pushed everywhere In the end Sydney Youngblood lost his rag and demanded it be released properly I couldnt decide wether to play it or not but It was one of my most requested tracks for 2 year solid

Solitaire Events Ltd
11-07-2006, 09:07 PM
With the citroen c4 one it came via email friom the company in MP3 format as did all paperwork only rule being it must never appear on a shared file that could be used for ie (P2P)

With fatboy slim I had a 2 cd set when I was working in the clubs they checked incidently with manager to ensure we wasnt using it. and was almost asked to return discs but the legal issues were resolved and promotion restarted.

Policing of the P2P sites is almost impossible but they did try to. in general policing is almost impossible its mainly down to trusting us .

I remember plugging Sydney Youngbloods - If only I could, for well over a year it was pulled and pushed everywhere In the end Sydney Youngblood lost his rag and demanded it be released properly I couldnt decide wether to play it or not but It was one of my most requested tracks for 2 year solid

I used to play Sydney a lot too, and mix it with Raze's Break for love. Remember that?

Have a disco
11-07-2006, 09:12 PM
SMASHY AND NICEY STYLE

not arf

Solitaire Events Ltd
11-07-2006, 09:16 PM
SMASHY AND NICEY STYLE

not arf

That's Bachman Turner Overdrive isn't it? :teeth:

dj andy allwood
12-07-2006, 09:23 AM
they should just let you get on with job your doing

Have a disco
12-07-2006, 01:28 PM
Im afraid these companies give out promo's to market test tunes not necessarily the versions to be released. So they have a great amount of power as such and sometimes only release them in certain parts of the UK to test the water as to speak but I understand where you are coming from andy