PDA

View Full Version : PAT testing course

jon s
05-07-2010, 05:41 AM
I'm looking at going on a PAT testing course and then purchasing a tester so that I can test my own equipment and maybe offer my services to others. Has anyone on here done a course and was it benifical. It would be so easy to test my own gear a little at a time at gigs where I arrive early, and then any new equipment I purchase could also be tested straight away without the minimum charge of £60 kicking in (but would you wait until the next test).

Creature
05-07-2010, 05:49 AM
a question - are you allowed to pat test your own equipment ?

jon s
05-07-2010, 06:04 AM
from the web site

Yes! Many people attend the course because they want to save money by testing their own equipment. They often train caretakers and maintenance staff in care homes, offices, factories and hotels. By bringing the PAT testing In-House, you save money for you organisation - they also train staff in all sorts of businesses and organisations who all go on to test their own equipment after completing the course.

discomobiledj
05-07-2010, 08:49 AM
Any competent person can PAT equipment.

DAVESOUNDS SERVICES
05-07-2010, 09:36 AM
Dont Forget
Your own PAT tester will need Calibrating and certifying yearly!
i pay Around £120 for both my machines doing at a non local caibration centre

cheers

DAVESOUNDS DISCO AND PAT SERVICES

Ajaysdisco
05-07-2010, 06:02 PM
a little at a time at gigs where I arrive early

Did I read that right, your going to do the PAT test at the gig? :confused:

Dynamic Entertainment
05-07-2010, 09:32 PM
Did I read that right, your going to do the PAT test at the gig? :confused:

I know a venue that has a PAT tester guy on hand so if a outfit isnt tested, they can call him out and he charges £3.50 per item...its either they get tested there and then, or dont set up!

DeckstarDeluxe
08-07-2010, 08:01 PM
I'm looking at going on a PAT testing course and then purchasing a tester so that I can test my own equipment and maybe offer my services to others. Has anyone on here done a course and was it benifical. It would be so easy to test my own gear a little at a time at gigs where I arrive early, and then any new equipment I purchase could also be tested straight away without the minimum charge of £60 kicking in (but would you wait until the next test).

Ben Mccarthy is worth talking to but from what I gather its a rather boring job!