PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone got a Revo 4?

womble
08-07-2010, 10:06 PM
I'm thinking of investing in one... what are the pros and cons? From the youtube video it's difficult to see what kind of coverage it gives.

Vectis
08-07-2010, 10:14 PM
http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/showthread.php?t=22777

Acme Matrix = ADJ Revo 4

Mid-September I'll have one for sale in excellent condition with carry bag.

womble
08-07-2010, 10:23 PM
http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/showthread.php?t=22777

Acme Matrix = ADJ Revo 4

Mid-September I'll have one for sale in excellent condition with carry bag.

Hmmm...

Are you attending BPM?

Vectis
08-07-2010, 10:24 PM
No.

But I know a good courier :)

DynamoTom
08-07-2010, 10:52 PM
I have one and it isn't as good as it is on the American DJ video. it doesn't give a lot of coverage if you point it at the dancefloor. You are better off with a revo 3 or miracled.

Jonny Boy
09-07-2010, 11:38 AM
I have the Acme Matrix = same thing, except I think built quality isn't quite as good. (i think the American DJ has a "bumper" on the lens side for a bit more protection, like the ADJ Revo 3 does.)

Depends on what you want it for TBH. Not much cop as a room-filler and - IMHO - pretty pointless unless you can mount it very high.

I usually have it on top of a t-bar on a winch stand behind my backdrop (so about 7 ft up?) and aim it at the floor just in front of the backdrop (ie so lights MY performance floorspace between the speakers, and the front part of the dancefloor.
Even then, it doesn't cover much space in larger venues.

For room-filling (or even ceiling filling) I'd stick to a revo 3 (or similiar). Some in-built patterns are pretty good for a poor-man's Saturday Night Fever vibe but TBH, there are some in-built patterns where just 1 spot is "moving" in a snaking pattern (like on old mobile phone games?!) and this gives very little light indeed, albeit "quite interesting".

Would probably be much better if you DMX'd and did your own runs & shows, but who has time for that?

Jonny Boy doesn't do short answers, but if he did they'd probably be the most rambling short answers in the worst.

djdj
09-07-2010, 12:03 PM
Agree with above, Revo 4 is not as good as hoped. get a impossibled much better and cheaper!

welby
10-07-2010, 03:07 PM
Agree with above, Revo 4 is not as good as hoped. get a impossibled much better and cheaper!

Revo 3 is better - Great coverage

ADJ
05-09-2010, 01:34 PM
its brighter than a revo 3, with better light-shows, but the revo 3 covers a bigger area

i wouldnt buy either one.

johny boy is right : a poor man's saturday night live effect

mark@pegasus
06-09-2010, 09:32 AM
or try the new QTX multiplex 256 LEDS (red, blue, green, white and amber) and only £130.00 unfortunately there are no on-line videos as yet.