PDA

View Full Version : Traktor X1 Controller

djsteve10
12-07-2010, 10:37 PM
I have just bought myself the Native Instruments Traktor X1 along with Traktor LE.

I am very very impressed with this piece of kit after various reccomendations. It will come in handy with both club work and also mobile, Although that the moment I am stuck in a little bit of a situation, I am looking for a case/stand that I can put my laptop on along with the controller at the side but also have my mixer in close proximity,

I would like something that is also on an angle making the controller easy to see.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers.

WWDJ
13-07-2010, 08:34 AM
That's 2 of us with an X1 now! Lol

In a mobile situation I use a kamkase with a sliding shelf

http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/showthread.php?t=26756

I am about to embark on some club work and will be using the X1. I have the case which raises it to mixer height so the controller will be next to the mixer.

In terms of the laptop I am looking for a good laptop stand that can slide under a mixer. The uberstand is popular but ultimately to me isn't looking stable enough although mark wild uses one and is happy. I would like to get my hands on a stand called 'the crane' although these seem to be only available in the US. It is very stable however it is quite expensive. I guess when you are putting an expensive laptop on top it is worth splashing out.

djsteve10
14-07-2010, 08:15 PM
Well the search still goes on really, I am going to be using a Pioneer DJM500 along with a MAYA44 soundcard on my laptop so the Kamkase that I already have is out of the question really.

I am looking for something that looks pretty smart too rather than a mess of stuff in a venue.

I have seen this so far:
http://www.flightcasewarehouse.co.uk/audio-visual-cases/types2.asp?case=universal-adjustable-laptop-tray-fits-all-rr-dj-coffins-and-most-mixer-cases-5005-2469

WWDJ
14-07-2010, 08:28 PM
I enquired with crane stands and this stand will be available through westenddj soon. It's 149 quid though ... Ouch. I need to watch a few more videos to convince myself

djsteve10
14-07-2010, 08:32 PM
I like that road ready stand as it can hold the controller next to it but I don't like that price much!