PDA

View Full Version : My Website - Please comment!

Tom Lovick
17-07-2010, 10:24 PM
Hi guys,

I'm new here and thought i would post my website I have just designed so that I can get some feedback on it.

www.horizon-events.co.uk

Thanks guys I'm sure you will help.

Thanks,

Tom

Penfold42
17-07-2010, 11:13 PM
Hi Tom,

Pleas take 5 minutes to read this -

http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/showthread.php?t=11711

Thanks. :)

rob1963
18-07-2010, 01:54 AM
At the top of the home page, there are a couple of mistakes.

"We are an sound and lighting company based in Wokingham, Near Reading." This needs changing to "We are a sound and lighting company based in Wokingham, near Reading.

Also, at the top of the home page where it says "Welcome to the online home of Horizon events" the words Horizon events don't show up very well due to the fact that the text is dark blue on a black background.

On the contact page, I'd add a contact form, split the mobile phone number to xxxxx xxx xxx and change the email address into a clickable link. Also, is it necessary to say "Visitors strictly by appointment only" when your address is not on the website?

Hope this helps.

yourdj
18-07-2010, 01:59 AM
hi the main thing i would say is there is no difintitive slogan to what you do best? Whats your Unique Selling Point?

You have lots of pics of equipment and not too many pics of people really enjoying themselves (other than a school disco or something).

i would saturate the pics on the front page and add a border. The little things make a massive difference i think :confused:

Other than that i think its OK ;)

Oh take off the watermarks - i think they look really bad IMO as the size of the image - no one will nick it.

BIT OF A RUBBISH EXAMPLE :p