PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate DJ Booth

DJ Tony McQue
18-07-2010, 10:02 PM
I am looking for a smarter DJ booth solution that combines good looks with ease of transport and a quick setup time. I would also like something that is different and gives my show a unique look. Having searched Google for weeks now, I think I may be onto something. Has anyone seen one of these in the UK? I love the retro look. Not so sure about the cheesy image though, no need..

Sapphire Disco
18-07-2010, 10:04 PM
Yes in DFS :D

Charlie Brown
18-07-2010, 10:08 PM
Hmmm, S & H all the way.

Booche
18-07-2010, 10:10 PM
Suppose you could always lay it down after and sit on it ;) lol

Cheers Dave :)

The_Blue_Dragon
18-07-2010, 10:13 PM
I always get lasses checking me out like that when Im djing :P

DJ Tony McQue
18-07-2010, 10:23 PM
I always get lasses checking me out like that when Im djing :P

The bloke in the photo is more interested in his Macbook.. :)

The_Blue_Dragon
18-07-2010, 10:27 PM
I didnt even realise it was a mac I was too busy checking her out

DJ Tony McQue
18-07-2010, 10:31 PM
I didnt even realise it was a mac I was too busy checking her out

Looks like she is drinking meths, he is probably trying to avoid her breath.

Mark Wild
18-07-2010, 11:23 PM
I think I may be onto something.

Looks like she is drinking meths'

You two been sharing a bottle? That booth is horrific ! LOL :D

DeckstarDeluxe
18-07-2010, 11:28 PM
Looks like the lovechild of a kam deckstand and a cheap looking leather sofa.

JamesXP
19-07-2010, 02:58 AM
DJ Chesterfield!

Adam_F
19-07-2010, 03:42 AM
Hmmm, S & H all the way.

Or if it was an actual booth he wanted, and not just a surround, the Deckstand Booth Pro :D

DJ Tony McQue
19-07-2010, 08:56 AM
The S & H booth is obscenely overpriced for what it is. I think some ultimax pimping might be called for..

Mark Wild
19-07-2010, 10:28 AM
The S & H booth is obscenely overpriced for what it is.

That's what I used to think, but it was something I really wanted to add to my setup so I took the plunge and bought one. Worth every penny, especially if weddings are the vast majority of your gigs. :beer1:

Steve the DJ
19-07-2010, 10:47 AM
The S & H booth is obscenely overpriced for what it is...

So is...

- Everything made by Apple
- Everything made by Funktion 1
- Everything made by Ferrari

Need I go on? :D

DJ Tony McQue
19-07-2010, 11:26 AM
So is...

- Everything made by Funktion 1
- Everything made by Ferrari

Need I go on? :D

I can't deny the S & H booth looks great however, it is hardly a feat of design engineering like a Ferrari!

Cowlinn
19-07-2010, 11:28 AM
So is...

Disagree! :D

Booche
19-07-2010, 11:34 AM
Looks like the lovechild of a kam deckstand and a cheap looking leather sofa.

Oi leave my Kamstand out of this lol :boxer2:

Cheers Dave :)

Excalibur
19-07-2010, 11:57 AM
Or if it was an actual booth he wanted, and not just a surround, the Deckstand Booth Pro :D

The only sensible option. :agree: S&H is like taking two bottles into the shower. ;) ;)

Steve the DJ
19-07-2010, 11:58 AM
I can't deny the S & H booth looks great however, it is hardly a feat of design engineering like a Ferrari!

A Ferrari is just a car, it's expensive because of it's looks, it's speed and how it has been engineered, but it's still just a car the same as a Ford Focus.

The S+H is just a frontage, the same as lightscreens or a simple black cloth but what you are paying for is a hand built unit using the highest quality components that will last for many many years and if you ever come to sell it you will be pleasantly surprised by the resale value. ;)

I know many DJs who have had their booths around 5 years and they look as good today as the day they were delivered.

It is expensive, but you are making an investment in quality, just like a Ferrari or any other premium product you care to mention.

Steve the DJ
19-07-2010, 12:00 PM
The only sensible option. :agree: S&H is like taking two bottles into the shower. ;) ;)

Two bottles of Salon grade product over something from the Tescos Value range... :p :D

Excalibur
19-07-2010, 12:05 PM
Two bottles of Salon grade product over something from the Tescos Value range... :p :D

:muppet: One bottle of Brown Ale, and one bottle of Bitter. :p :D :D :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-07-2010, 12:42 PM
The S & H booth is obscenely overpriced for what it is.

This statement is only ever made by people who don't own them.

Steve the DJ
19-07-2010, 12:45 PM
This statement is only ever made by people who don't own them.

And is replicated across a number of products including Bose, Look Unique etc.

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-07-2010, 12:51 PM
And is replicated across a number of products including Bose, Look Unique etc.

Indeed.

Spirits High
19-07-2010, 01:12 PM
DJ Chesterfield!

You called :D :D

DSB Pro for me ;)

Javlingames
19-07-2010, 03:39 PM
I personally think that starcloth booths scream the stereotypical mobile dj, just like lightboxes used to except now its starcloth booths. In my personal opinion a black fitted cloth looks much better. Just my opinion so please be kind lol.

rob1963
19-07-2010, 03:41 PM
I personally think that starcloth booths scream the stereotypical mobile dj, just like lightboxes used to except now its starcloth booths. In my personal opinion a black fitted cloth looks much better. Just my opinion so please be kind lol.

I'll be kind...because that's my opinion too!

:D

Mark Wild
19-07-2010, 03:42 PM

You don't have to turn the LED's on ;)

rob1963
19-07-2010, 03:43 PM

That's like buying a clock radio but only using the clock!

Why not just buy a clock in the first place?

Shaun
19-07-2010, 03:52 PM

I agree. I thought I was alone in that thinking.

sweetie
19-07-2010, 03:53 PM
I'm hoping to get one of these which is made to fit the njd starcloth and is smaller than the dsbp and s&h but bigger than their mini versions and costs about £300

Mark Wild
19-07-2010, 03:55 PM

Because I only want it to tell the time sometimes and other times I want to listen to the radio also.

rob1963
19-07-2010, 04:02 PM

Because I only want it to tell the time sometimes and other times I want to listen to the radio also.

:doh:

DJ Jules
19-07-2010, 04:58 PM
I'm hoping to get one of these which is made to fit the njd starcloth and is smaller than the dsbp and s&h but bigger than their mini versions and costs about £300

Where do you get one of those from then? NJD?

Julian

robbiedj
19-07-2010, 05:16 PM

Where do you get one of those from then? NJD?

Julian

Saw the new version only last night at SEDA shownight, curtesy of designer, Andy who runs the SEDA shop.

It now comes with a shelf which doubles as a case. The whole thing packs into it including cloth.

Excalibur
19-07-2010, 05:26 PM
I agree. I thought I was alone in that thinking.

Good heavens, no. Plain cloth is the tasteful solution.

Tony Scott
19-07-2010, 05:36 PM

WHAT?!?! £300!! I could knock one of those up for about £70, bit of aluminium box section & angle, some hinges and a bit of ply...... an afternoons work ;) ;) :)

Kernow
19-07-2010, 07:00 PM
WHAT?!?! £300!! I could knock one of those up for about £70, bit of aluminium box section & angle, some hinges and a bit of ply...... an afternoons work ;) ;) :)

And multifunctional...... You could use it for DJ'ing, in the greenhouse, for decorating.....etc. etc.

:D

WWDJ
19-07-2010, 10:28 PM
Black cloth for me ;-) on my customised ultimax rail. I'm pleased enough with the look, its not perfect but by no means shabby. Its even lit up now with a redeployed megabar so I can finally see what I am doing :D

Dance FX
20-07-2010, 08:03 AM

Thats the beauty of the Deckstand booth, we have both the plain fitted black cloth and the starcloth so can change the appearance to suit the gig :)

DJ Tony McQue
20-07-2010, 08:38 AM

This looks like a fantastic solution. Do you have any links to it?

Solitaire Events Ltd
20-07-2010, 10:03 AM
Thats the beauty of the Deckstand booth, we have both the plain fitted black cloth and the starcloth so can change the appearance to suit the gig :)

Or, you could have saved money by not turning the leds on....

DeckstarDeluxe
20-07-2010, 10:45 AM
Or, you could have saved money by not turning the leds on....

Its what I do personally.

Leds are so small you can hardly notice them when turned off.

sweetie
20-07-2010, 11:02 AM
This looks like a fantastic solution. Do you have any links to it?

not really, the guy who makes them is called andy and he is 'dixie' on the orange
forum

DJ Tony McQue
20-07-2010, 11:26 AM
not really, the guy who makes them is called andy and he is 'dixie' on the orange
forum

As in orange mobile phone forum? Strange place to advertise a deckstand..

Shaun
20-07-2010, 11:38 AM
As in orange mobile phone forum? Strange place to advertise a deckstand..

No, it's another DJ forum. The colour scheme (and logo) is orange, hence the nickname 'orange forum'.

Our forum rules prevent the url being posted.

DJ Tony McQue
20-07-2010, 02:49 PM
No, it's another DJ forum. The colour scheme (and logo) is orange, hence the nickname 'orange forum'.

Our forum rules prevent the url being posted.

How silly do I feel now?