PDA

View Full Version : 8th birthday

sxboy
19-07-2010, 08:38 AM
Just need a bit of advice for this one. Now I have done lots of kids functions, but mainly 11+.
The mum just wants one game girls vs boys so nothing to complicated.
Any advice would be great. She also stated that the DJ they had last year gave a CD to each child, now I am guessing these were probs copies, so what prize would you give to one boy one girl winner?

Many Thanks
Daren

Corabar Entertainment
19-07-2010, 12:19 PM
1 game only? :eek: Why is that? (or do you mean one out-and-out competition-type game, plus other smaller games/competitions/interactive things?)

IMHO, the younger they are, the more interaction and direction the children will require - otherwise they will just 'do their own thing'... and it won't be dancing to the disco!

How long is the party?

If I were you, I'd have plenty of ideas up your sleeve so that you have enough to work directly with the kids for the full duration of the party, and then some!

As for prizes, well... that really depends on budget, doesn't it? I don't think anyone can give any meaningful suggestions without knowing whether you have budgeted £1, £10, or £50!!!

Good luck, Daren! :)

DJMaxG
19-07-2010, 01:19 PM
She also stated that the DJ they had last year gave a CD to each child, now I am guessing these were probs copies, so what prize would you give to one boy one girl winner?

You could have 2 main prizes for the ultimate winners, which could be legal CDs, compilations, like the latest Now albums; then use less expensive prizes [if neccesary] like sweets etc, for the runners up.

You could charge a bit extra for the prizes, like add £30 on or so

;)

sxboy
19-07-2010, 03:45 PM
1 game only? :eek: Why is that? (or do you mean one out-and-out competition-type game, plus other smaller games/competitions/interactive things?)

IMHO, the younger they are, the more interaction and direction the children will require - otherwise they will just 'do their own thing'... and it won't be dancing to the disco!

How long is the party?

If I were you, I'd have plenty of ideas up your sleeve so that you have enough to work directly with the kids for the full duration of the party, and then some!

As for prizes, well... that really depends on budget, doesn't it? I don't think anyone can give any meaningful suggestions without knowing whether you have budgeted £1, £10, or £50!!!

Good luck, Daren! :)

Its one game because that's what the mother has ask for.
All she wants is a game between the boys and girls and a prize to one girl and one boy, the just some glow sticks to the others.
So basicly a game where they all take part in but one winner each from the boys and girls.
And yes they will be dancing as the mum say's alot of the girls go to a dance school, so hence again why just the one game.
As for budget for the two prize's about £10-15.

Ohh and the party is for 2hours 5pm-7pm.

Thanks again
Daren

StarZSoundS
19-07-2010, 04:01 PM
Its one game because that's what the mother has ask for.
All she wants is a game between the boys and girls and a prize to one girl and one boy, the just some glow sticks to the others.
So basicly a game where they all take part in but one winner each from the boys and girls.
And yes they will be dancing as the mum say's alot of the girls go to a dance school, so hence again why just the one game.
As for budget for the two prize's about £10-15.

Ohh and the party is for 2hours 5pm-7pm.

Thanks again
Daren

Dead easy that......Limbo.

Prize for best Boy ...and best Girl(the Dancers will love it).

If you can't find prizes at that budget.....well:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

My prizes are bought in such bulk that they work out about 15 or 20p...good quality.....

Attatched a Piccy from Saturday....the lights are on the stage as I forgot the pole to put them on!!!

Works for all ages;) ;) :D :D

sxboy
19-07-2010, 04:04 PM
Dead easy that......Limbo.

Prize for best Boy ...and best Girl(the Dancers will love it).

If you can't find prizes at that budget.....well:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

My prizes are bought in such bulk that they work out about 15 or 20p...good quality.....

Attatched a Piccy from Saturday....the lights are on the stage as I forgot the pole to put them on!!!

Works for all ages;) ;) :D :D

Yeah thats a good one, will give that some thought.

StarZSoundS
19-07-2010, 04:23 PM
Yeah thats a good one, will give that some thought.

Knock yourself some poles up....dead easy.....

Mine have paid for themselves 1000 times over.Adults like it too!!

You need to have a bit of personality to make it work!!!;) ;) ;) ;)