PDA

View Full Version : RIAT 2010 Airshow

Mayhem 1
20-07-2010, 06:56 AM
This is one weekend that all the Bumble ‘B’ Roadshow team look forward to every year.

I and Flyboy had been down to RAF Fairford on Friday 16th July to pick up all the wristbands and car passes to make our entry over the week end a lot smoother.

So then, Saturday 17th July it was I and Flyboy and Sunday it was the whole team of me – Tammy – Aaron & Flyboy.

Both days were amazing, we had three slots on the main concert stage with the first at 10:00am which was no worries for us due to doing regular parties that start at 10am (our Morning Madness Show) we did however have a few people ask how on earth are you so lively at his time of the day??!!

The acts for the weekend (not in any order) were:
The Mr Mayhem Show
Flawless – Dance troupe from Britain’s Got Talent
The Score – A three piece group who did covers of groups like The Jam etc
Syntronix – Another three piece group who did all electro synth covers and these guys were excellent.
The Upbeat Beatles – UK’s No1 Beatles tribute
The Bohemians – Queen tribute band
CDA - A local dance troupe

It was a very varied show and very entertaining as well and the thing that did surprise me was how smooth the change over went from act to act.

Syntronix did however have to stop mid set on the Saturday after trying to compete with The Raptor which did not work (god that jet is loud!!!)

It was very weird for me on the Sunday as when we were on stage doing our first slot and having fun at 10am I turned round and the dance group Flawless were stood watching us and joining in!!!

I did have an in depth chat with the head sound engineer about the sound power needed for such an event and he said that they use a Martin sound system of 50.000 watts which is a fair ol’ system.

And while I had his attention I asked him for his recommendations for a new sound system for me. I said I was thinking of Mackie tops and subs but he has given me another idea which he rates very high - QSC K-Series which will knock the stuffing out of Mackies.

Booked again for RIAT 2011 (16th & 17th July July)

All for now, further details and photo’s soon.

soundtracker
20-07-2010, 07:24 AM
Good stuff Mr M., I've worked with The Bohemians, a cracking bunch of guys and a really good tribute act!

Mayhem 1
20-07-2010, 07:41 AM
Amen brother, they even held up part of their set up so we could do our stuff on the stage.

UltraBeat Entertainment
20-07-2010, 09:55 AM
Sounds like you had a good weekend and the weather was better than it was last year!

Look forwards to seeing the photo's:)

Mayhem 1
20-07-2010, 06:20 PM
They booked me on the saturday morning for next year so everyone was happy

MikeW
20-07-2010, 09:27 PM
This is one weekend that all the Bumble ‘B’ Roadshow team look forward to every year.

I and Flyboy had been down to RAF Fairford on Friday 16th July to pick up all the wristbands and car passes to make our entry over the week end a lot smoother.

So then, Saturday 17th July it was I and Flyboy and Sunday it was the whole team of me – Tammy – Aaron & Flyboy.

Both days were amazing, we had three slots on the main concert stage with the first at 10:00am which was no worries for us due to doing regular parties that start at 10am (our Morning Madness Show) we did however have a few people ask how on earth are you so lively at his time of the day??!!

The acts for the weekend (not in any order) were:
The Mr Mayhem Show
Flawless – Dance troupe from Britain’s Got Talent
The Score – A three piece group who did covers of groups like The Jam etc
Syntronix – Another three piece group who did all electro synth covers and these guys were excellent.
The Upbeat Beatles – UK’s No1 Beatles tribute
The Bohemians – Queen tribute band
CDA - A local dance troupe

It was a very varied show and very entertaining as well and the thing that did surprise me was how smooth the change over went from act to act.

Syntronix did however have to stop mid set on the Saturday after trying to compete with The Raptor which did not work (god that jet is loud!!!)

It was very weird for me on the Sunday as when we were on stage doing our first slot and having fun at 10am I turned round and the dance group Flawless were stood watching us and joining in!!!

I did have an in depth chat with the head sound engineer about the sound power needed for such an event and he said that they use a Martin sound system of 50.000 watts which is a fair ol’ system.

And while I had his attention I asked him for his recommendations for a new sound system for me. I said I was thinking of Mackie tops and subs but he has given me another idea which he rates very high - QSC K-Series which will knock the stuffing out of Mackies.

Booked again for RIAT 2011 (16th & 17th July July)

All for now, further details and photo’s soon.

Recently had a listen to QSC K-Series. They sounded fantastic. That would be my choice.

Mayhem 1
21-07-2010, 07:53 AM
Mine to Mr Jingles, awesome sound

DJMaxG
22-07-2010, 03:20 PM
All good then - next year booked :beer1:

QSC have the KW series (http://www.qscaudio.com/products/speakers/kw_series/)
that is being released in August with a 1kw Class D amplifier -

prices are around £1,000-£1,300 per a speaker though.

Mayhem 1
25-07-2010, 08:16 AM
Expesive I know but well worth it