PDA

View Full Version : Hot Tunes

Thames Valley Discos
14-07-2006, 07:20 AM
If anyone thinks they have heard a HOT new tune. Please let us all know, by posting it here. By HOT i mean, a "must have tune". :beer:

Alex - Cream Ents
14-07-2006, 12:41 PM
I'm sure a lot of you will already have this - but:

Christina Aguilera - Aint no other man

and less likely but looks like another winner:

Nelly Furtado Featuring Timbaland - Promiscuous

Have a disco
14-07-2006, 01:20 PM
Steve Miller Band vs Gauzz - Abracadabra (7th heaven mix - you just cant beat the classics)

Stephanie Benson - Different Kind of Heaven (New style R & B Whitney more like disco to me LOL?)

T.I feat Trey Songz - Why you wanna (remix) (gypsy woman - la la di lala da sample that kicks)

Freemason ft S Garrett - Rain Down love (pure funky house hit alert)

Big Bass vs Michelle Narine - What You Do (classic 90's RAF riff)

Supafly - Moving Too Fast (Northwest Remix) Artful Dodger track goes 2K stylee

Bob Sinclar - Rock This Party (Everybody Dance Now) C& C Music Factory sample due out end of autumn

Dont say you wasnt warned as they yell out for me (DJ BADGER IN DA HOUSE)

Alex - Cream Ents
14-07-2006, 02:41 PM
Michael Gray - Borderline

Which I've had since bloody November (!!) is finally being released after being put off since then, probably decided it would do better in the summer. Really nice summery chart friendly house.

Corabar Steve
14-07-2006, 02:45 PM
Steve Miller Band vs Gauzz - Abracadabra (7th heaven mix - you just cant beat the classics)
Top tune (Ohmygod I just agred with Badger :teeth: :teeth: )it's a bit long though, I suppose there's an oportunity to fade it out at around 5 mins. I don't rate the Boy 8-Bit mix, the radio edit is nice length, if a bit bland compared to 7th Heaven

Fresh
14-07-2006, 04:27 PM
Top tune (Ohmygod I just agred with Badger :teeth: :teeth: )it's a bit long though, I suppose there's an oportunity to fade it out at around 5 mins. I don't rate the Boy 8-Bit mix, the radio edit is nice length, if a bit bland compared to 7th Heaven

and where did you get said tuuuune ... not on iTunes :(

Have a disco
14-07-2006, 07:31 PM
Its only available from white disc or via promo from Ministry of sound

Jiggles
14-07-2006, 09:29 PM
I dont beleave what im going to say here

Amarilo (is this the way) for kids aged 6 to 12 as that is all I know :embarasse

Corabar Entertainment
14-07-2006, 09:36 PM
Callum - I think you have misread the original post....
If anyone thinks they have heard a HOT new tune. Paul wants to keep this as a 'sticky' thread so that everyone can keep up with the latest 'must haves'.

Jiggles
14-07-2006, 09:38 PM
Woops :embarasse I think I need my eyes tested or im tired :teeth:

Thames Valley Discos
14-07-2006, 10:15 PM

Stephanie Benson - Different Kind of Heaven (New style R & B Whitney more like disco to me LOL?)

T.I feat Trey Songz - Why you wanna (remix) (gypsy woman - la la di lala da sample that kicks)

Freemason ft S Garrett - Rain Down love (pure funky house hit alert)

Big Bass vs Michelle Narine - What You Do (classic 90's RAF riff)

Supafly - Moving Too Fast (Northwest Remix) Artful Dodger track goes 2K stylee

Bob Sinclar - Rock This Party (Everybody Dance Now) C& C Music Factory sample due out end of autumn

Dont say you wasnt warned as they yell out for me (DJ BADGER IN DA HOUSE)

Must admit, i was thinking of tunes that were "Radio Play" commercial music. Not white label club mixes. If you hear a tune being played a lot on radio, that sounds a good "Disco" dancy tune, thats what i was really looking for.

Have a disco
14-07-2006, 11:15 PM
Hate to say this but most of those I stated, were not on WHITE DISC YET but are promos I am getting via MP3's from record labels. I am on more than the average DJ after 20 years in the business Call me Mr Upfront

Solitaire Events Ltd
14-07-2006, 11:18 PM
Hate to say this but most of those I stated, were not on WHITE DISC YET but are promos I am getting via MP3's from record labels. I am on more than the average DJ after 20 years in the business Call me Mr Upfront

You are only upfront if you are playing out the tunes at a gig.

Listening to them at home or on your Ipod doesn't count.

This might sound a bit harsh, but it's true.

Have a disco
14-07-2006, 11:30 PM
I DJ in clubs so I have the privilage Most Mobiles would not. I dont own an Ipod yet have heard alot of bad news about them batteries etc etc would rather stick with a Creative ZEN should I decide to go that way.. I did only an hours set tonite But still got paid a good wedge of dosh for it. and I handed out disco cards taboot. Its about appealing to new generations etc etc.. I will gladly help any up n coming DJ in the right direction but Having the tramp over what I have set up is another story. ther like any Industry is a peerage Im just a pete tong of it now (wish he would retire etc etc)

Solitaire Events Ltd
14-07-2006, 11:40 PM
I didn't think you were working much Badger, hence my comment about the upfront thing.

Thames Valley Discos
14-07-2006, 11:46 PM
Mr upfront, although your tunes may be good, they really are not what was asked for in the original thread, nor are they the average wedding gig tune. Again Tunes that are a must have for the usual mobile disco booking.

music-2-play
15-07-2006, 01:46 AM
Cassie - Me and U (stripped down crunky rnb, my mate gave me a heads up on the about 5 months ago ago it's only just finally getting some radio play, #3 in the Billboard hot 100 at the mo I think)

Chamillionaire - Ridin (I usually hate this kind of lazy dirty hip hop, but something about this track's had me hooked for a long time)

Don't think I'm one of those hippety hoppety guys just because of my recommendations; I'm disco and soul at heart, but you have to keep up with the times. I had a 16ish year old girl come come and ask me dismissively what I was playing last sat (Chaka Demus and Pliers - Tease Me), I actually found myself saying 'you're probably just too young to remember this'...I'm only 22 myself. I have to face the fact that, year upon year, there will be more and more people who are too young to remember things that seemed inredibly important to me once...Like Chaka Demus and Pliers.

Have a disco
15-07-2006, 06:51 PM
If anyone thinks they have heard a HOT new tune. Please let us all know, by posting it here. By HOT i mean, a "must have tune". :beer:

Suggest you edit you original quote then as no mention of wedding disco's nor normal wedding disco

In which case back to the drawing board as every wedding is basically the same, for 80% of tunes. another 10% for there requests then 5% for on the night requests and last 5% for current favourites which were those above

BE CAREFULL what you right

PS off out DJing tonite not disco ing money not that good for a 2 hr set but it'll do better than nowt

Corabar Steve
16-07-2006, 02:24 AM
Played the radio edit of Steve Miller Band vs Gauzz - Abracadabra last night (& Friday) it went down a storm (last night was at a wedding)

BeerFunk
16-07-2006, 02:29 AM
Played the radio edit of Steve Miller Band vs Gauzz - Abracadabra last night (& Friday) it went down a storm (last night was at a wedding)

I got a listen to that, and I have to say it is good... but the version I heard messed around with the vocals way too much - kind of like a dub mix :mad:

Corabar Steve
16-07-2006, 02:40 AM
I got a listen to that, and I have to say it is good... but the version I heard messed around with the vocals way too much - kind of like a dub mix :mad:
If it was the dub mix, then you heard the worst version IMHO

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-07-2006, 02:46 AM
Have a listen to Voodoo Child - the Traders.

Brilliant!

Corabar Steve
16-07-2006, 03:01 AM
Not Voodoo Chile? is there a Hendrix sample?

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-07-2006, 03:05 AM
Not Voodoo Chile? is there a Hendrix sample?

Not at all.

Have a listen Steve - you'll like it.

dj_ags
16-07-2006, 08:39 AM
The Traders - Voodoo Child is a catchy tune, and is definately in my top five at the moment.

So much so, i think that im going to buy it on 12" vinyl today in order to get all of the "edits" that come with it. Hopefully, it will knock Lilly Allen off the top spot in the Top 40 chart.

Another tune that i reckon will be a hit when it gets released is:

David Guetta vs The Egg - Love Don't Let Me Go (Walking Away)

This is the tune played on the new Citroen C4 advert currently on TV. I reckon it will better last year's release of Les Rythmes Digitales - Jacques Your Body (Make Me Sweat)

Another few that i reckon will do well when they are released are:

1) Shapeshifters & Chic - Sensitivity
2) Michael Gray - Borderline
3) Christina Aguilera - Ain't No Other Man

Paris Hilton's debut single is about to be released later this month so i reckon that will do well simply because of her name, and not about the music...unfortunately.

Fresh
16-07-2006, 09:15 AM
agere Christina Aguilera - Ain't No Other Man is a hot tune .... so funky .... like a James Brown throw back tune

Corabar Steve
16-07-2006, 12:58 PM
Have a listen to Voodoo Child - the Traders.

Brilliant!
So that would be Rogue Traders then? Heard it a while back, Elvis Costello sample.

Have a disco
16-07-2006, 02:32 PM
If it was the dub mix, then you heard the worst version IMHO

ditto it is the worst version

Have a disco
16-07-2006, 03:07 PM
Great summer/Ibiza tunes top 10 heard so far this year in no particular order;

DT8 Project feat. Mory Kante - Narama (Jurgen Vries Mix)

BROOKLYN BOUNCE - CONTACT

Robbie Rivera - Float Away (Gabriel & Dresden Re-Edit)

Pirates of the Carribean 2 - He's a Pirate (Dj Tiesto remix)

Chris the greek panaghi - The time (klub jumpers mix)

Tony Moran and Deep Influence - Cafe Con Alegria (12 Inch Mix)

Granite and Phunk feat Angie B - Switch On Push Play (Prom Mix)

La Griffe - Make it shine

DJ Kolesky feat Damona - Please let me go away

Grooveland - tell me (vocal mix)

all went down a storm last night for a house / trance Ibiza selection

Corabar Entertainment
16-07-2006, 03:34 PM
Great summer/Ibiza tunes top 10 heard so far this year in no particular order;

DT8 Project feat. Mory Kante - Narama (Jurgen Vries Mix)

BROOKLYN BOUNCE - CONTACT

Robbie Rivera - Float Away (Gabriel & Dresden Re-Edit)

Pirates of the Carribean 2 - He's a Pirate (Dj Tiesto remix)

Chris the greek panaghi - The time (klub jumpers mix)

Tony Moran and Deep Influence - Cafe Con Alegria (12 Inch Mix)

Granite and Phunk feat Angie B - Switch On Push Play (Prom Mix)

La Griffe - Make it shine

DJ Kolesky feat Damona - Please let me go away

Grooveland - tell me (vocal mix)

all went down a storm last night for a house / trance Ibiza selection...But how many of those are going to be 'must haves' for your average mobile DJ at functions?..... which is what this thread is about.

Corabar Steve
16-07-2006, 05:01 PM
& will we ever hear of any of them again after this summer???

Have a disco
16-07-2006, 06:22 PM

Now this is how the thread started no mention of mobile discos nor any other kind of function required this is how the thread started so I continue it likewise

STAT
We are DJ's of all types upon this site not just mobile as you welll may know

Jiggles
16-07-2006, 06:27 PM
Now this is how the thread started no mention of mobile discos nor any other kind of function required this is how the thread started so I continue it likewise

Who hit the badger with a baseball bat? :teeth:

Have a disco
16-07-2006, 06:58 PM
Nope Just standing me ground LOL

Corabar Entertainment
16-07-2006, 07:03 PM
...and as well as saying 'must haves' in his original post, Paul has already clarified what he meant:
Must admit, i was thinking of tunes that were "Radio Play" commercial music. Not white label club mixes. If you hear a tune being played a lot on radio, that sounds a good "Disco" dancy tune, thats what i was really looking for....but you just carry on as you see fit Badger - no matter that it isn't what Paul intended.

Paul: seeing the way that this thread has gone, (about as much use as a chocolate teapot for your original intention) you may decide that a new thread is necessary...... but choose your words carefully! :teeth: :teeth:

Have a disco
16-07-2006, 07:16 PM
Sorry paul must have missed that bit still good idea and handy as is have opened up another thread under name A B & C Lists which covers everything new on radio 1 this week hope this helps all

another DJ's must haves are another mans must not gets etc etc

Corabar Steve
16-07-2006, 07:37 PM
STAT
We are DJ's of all types upon this site not just mobile as you welll may know
There's a slight clue in the name of the site though :)

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-07-2006, 07:37 PM
[QUOTE=Corabar Steve]So that would be Rogue Traders then? Heard it a while back, Elvis Costello sample.[/QUOTE

It said the Traders in the ID3 tags when I downloaded it, but I stand corrected... :embarasse

Pump it up - I knew I recognised it from somewhere :)

Have a disco
16-07-2006, 07:38 PM
Badger baiting is against the law now down boy LOL

dj_ags
16-07-2006, 09:34 PM
I must add to the list that i submitted beforehand, as i have missed out a tune that cannot got un-noticed.

Bob Sinclair - World Hold On (Children of the SKy)

It has already been released, and was frequently played around Disneyland Resort Paris when i was there just over a week ago now!

More of your suggestions please! :)

Thames Valley Discos
16-07-2006, 10:38 PM
Badger, next wedding gig, i,ll get you to do me a playlist of underground music that no sod would have heard. As steve pointed out, this is a " mobilediscodirectory" is it not?
I thought the original thread title was clear enough, it wasnt intended to be for people to demonstrate their knowledge of "UPFRONT" tunes. I will look elsewhere for inspiration.
"By HOT i mean, a "must have tune"."

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-07-2006, 10:42 PM
I must add to the list that i submitted beforehand, as i have missed out a tune that cannot got un-noticed.

Bob Sinclair - World Hold On (Children of the SKy)

It has already been released, and was frequently played around Disneyland Resort Paris when i was there just over a week ago now!

More of your suggestions please! :)

I agree - fab tune. :)

Thames Valley Discos
16-07-2006, 10:47 PM
And is included on the now 64 disc. Yummy. Now i agree, a must have tune.

Shaun
17-07-2006, 01:39 PM
Steve Miller Band vs Gauzz - Abracadabra (7th heaven mix )

This just arrived in the post from the MOS Promo service.

I have to agree...this is a great tune. It'll work well in all types of events.

Have a disco
17-07-2006, 02:51 PM
Badger, next wedding gig, i,ll get you to do me a playlist of underground music that no sod would have heard. As steve pointed out, this is a " mobilediscodirectory" is it not?
I thought the original thread title was clear enough, it wasnt intended to be for people to demonstrate their knowledge of "UPFRONT" tunes. I will look elsewhere for inspiration.
"By HOT i mean, a "must have tune"."

hence thread has moved here as to keep you happy

http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2771

hope this helps you choose your must have tunes for the future as a mobile DJ and Club DJ, I can have the ability to float between the two. My choices are on pure dance ability and possible transferance to a mobile market. The rest I leave to you to decide. Please note I do do wedding disco's as well and they are not the mainstay of mobiles, birthdays are quiet common and are totally different in most events and invariably more upfront than weddings.

Thames Valley Discos
17-07-2006, 03:28 PM
hence thread has moved here as to keep you happy

http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2771

hope this helps you choose your must have tunes for the future as a mobile DJ and Club DJ, I can have the ability to float between the two. My choices are on pure dance ability and possible transferance to a mobile market. The rest I leave to you to decide. Please note I do do wedding disco's as well and they are not the mainstay of mobiles, birthdays are quiet common and are totally different in most events and invariably more upfront than weddings.
I,ll suggest that at the 60th birthday i have this weekend.

Corabar Steve
17-07-2006, 04:12 PM
Please note I do do wedding disco's as well and they are not the mainstay of mobiles, birthdays are quiet common and are totally different in most events and invariably more upfront than weddings.
I would disagree from our experience, weddings are by far our most common booking.

On the birthday front, the ones that have discos tend to be the landmark ones. Of those landmark birthdays the more "upfront" ones would be the 18ths & 21sts, 30ths hitting middle ground, with the less "upfront" ones being 40ths & 50ths. Taking this into acount, I would say opportunities to play "upfront" tunes doing mobile work are in the minority.

Thames Valley Discos
17-07-2006, 04:20 PM
Here Here!!!

Solitaire Events Ltd
17-07-2006, 04:23 PM
I would disagree from our experience, weddings are by far our most common booking.

Mine too.

soundlad
17-07-2006, 05:01 PM
when does Now 64 come out??

Have a disco
17-07-2006, 05:06 PM
you obviously have a very older minded client range down there in middle england as were forever having younger minded do's.

Weddings are about the same as birthday bookings. there is no rush time of year people get married all year long. We have no real nightclub in Haverhill anymore so most travel out of town, or celebrate there birthdays by having a party at a hall or other venues about.. Its cheaper than hiring a mini bus to the nearby clubs

Now 64 out Monday 24th

A1DL
17-07-2006, 05:23 PM
when does Now 64 come out??

next Monday, 24th July

Shaun
17-07-2006, 05:40 PM
Badger,

Just for the record: I appreciated your "upfront" tunes list. I play quite a lot of 'upfront' and dance music at youth events and '18th's, 21sts'.

So....thanks :)

Corabar Steve
17-07-2006, 05:42 PM
you obviously have a very older minded client range down there in middle england as were forever having younger minded do's. Yep, they're all old fogies here in London

Have a disco
17-07-2006, 10:25 PM
Badger,

Just for the record: I appreciated your "upfront" tunes list. I play quite a lot of 'upfront' and dance music at youth events and '18th's, 21sts'.

So....thanks :)

why I thank ye any more I shall let all know as normal

dj_ags
19-07-2006, 05:00 PM
I must say as well that after listening to Radio 1 most of the day at work, i have came across an absolute brilliant tune that is about to be released even though it has been around for over a year.

The Similou - All This Love

This, IMO, is a must to have on your playlist at the moment!

Corabar Steve
19-07-2006, 05:06 PM
TV Rock - Flaunt it, nice bass

Have a disco
19-07-2006, 05:44 PM
I must say as well that after listening to Radio 1 most of the day at work, i have came across an absolute brilliant tune that is about to be released even though it has been around for over a year.

The Similou - All This Love

This, IMO, is a must to have on your playlist at the moment!

more mixes of it than I care to need, but yes is long over due a charting

dj andy allwood
22-07-2006, 10:27 AM
Moonlight Party by Fonzerelli is one of the best dance tracks i have heard for a long while!!!!

dj andy allwood
22-07-2006, 10:32 AM
why dont you check out www.cdpool.co.uk and click on radio promo cd brilliant oh and mastermixdj & cd pool have got together to make a monthly cd quite good actually!!!!