PDA

View Full Version : Ripping DVD's

ppentertainments
22-07-2010, 06:02 PM
I am wanting to backup my race night dvd's on a hard drive. This will give me permanent backup and also a 3rd backup on a night should things go wrong.

A few questions :

Which format is best to rip to ??
Which program (preferably free :p ) is best to use to rip the DVD ??
Which program (again preferably free) is best to view the final product ??

Any other advice ??

As always advice is much appreciated :beer1: :beer1:

notroubleclubber
22-07-2010, 07:33 PM
I havent ripped any dvds for ages but i used to use dvd santa. Converts to avi so each dvd should take up about 700MB at dvd quality. Just use something like VLC (free) or windows media player to play back.

Booche
23-07-2010, 02:56 AM
I am wanting to backup my race night dvd's on a hard drive. This will give me permanent backup and also a 3rd backup on a night should things go wrong.

A few questions :

Which format is best to rip to ?? AVI - Smaller size but still good quality

Which program (preferably free :p ) is best to use to rip the DVD ?? Could maybe try a free trial of Nero but im sure if you Google there is thousands (but personnal choice i use Nero)

Which program (again preferably free) is best to view the final product ?? VLC - Free Software and plays anything and everything, Id suggest getting it for everything, I make sure i put it on any machine and every machine i get

Any other advice ?? Could always try some of the free trial's you get or some of the open software mentioned in another thread and maybe make a video with stills and video etc "Proper Job" lol

As always advice is much appreciated :beer1: :beer1:

Hope the above in RED helps matey :)

Cheers Dave :)