PDA

View Full Version : Starting from Scratch

garybaldy
26-07-2010, 02:20 AM
:confused: :o Hi, im hoping to start up a mobile disco for children aged 4-12. My partner Mandy does balloon twisting and temporary tattoos. She would like to learn how to entertain children.
We are both very new to this, altho Mandy has twisted balloons for all age groups, shes unsure how to entertain.
We will be shadowing an experienced friend who entertains children, to pick up tips. Shes has invited us to a couple of her gigs. A lovely lady.

Sadly i dont know the first thing about dj set ups so any advice would be very welcome. I dont want to spend money on the wrong type/make of equipment. Woof, tweet, whats it all about???

Number one on the list will be a radio mike for Mandy but what type/make do i look out for?

Mayhem 1
26-07-2010, 07:01 AM
I am sure the rest of the members will aggree but it is advisable to buy the best radio mic you can afford mate.

I am sure other members will be along to suggest their ideas but I would always recommend a Sennheiser G2

Since I got mine I have never looked back, they are very responsive and they sound really pukka.

But like I said it all comes down to your budget mate, but please do not go for a cheapie just to save money, your mic is one of the most important items you will buy.

Hope that helps

StarZSoundS
26-07-2010, 04:23 PM
:confused: :o Hi, im hoping to start up a mobile disco for children aged 4-12. My partner Mandy does balloon twisting and temporary tattoos. She would like to learn how to entertain children.
We are both very new to this, altho Mandy has twisted balloons for all age groups, shes unsure how to entertain.
We will be shadowing an experienced friend who entertains children, to pick up tips. Shes has invited us to a couple of her gigs. A lovely lady.

Sadly i dont know the first thing about dj set ups so any advice would be very welcome. I dont want to spend money on the wrong type/make of equipment. Woof, tweet, whats it all about???

Number one on the list will be a radio mike for Mandy but what type/make do i look out for?

Ok heres the deal Gary.....You travel up from Norfolk shortly(i'll give you some dates as options)....I'll slot your Balloon Modelling into the show(cos thats what we do) and you can pick up how to do it from there!!:beer1: :beer1: :beer1:

Gary....I can show you both what works....but I can't give you a personality implant!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Your messages and profile suggest you are lacking in a little confidence.You're going to have to chill to make it work!!;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Tonsk
26-07-2010, 08:03 PM
Hi Gary - Further to the conversation with Mrs Baldy, you can come with me to a gig and have a look if you would like..

garybaldy
27-07-2010, 09:02 AM
wow you people are so generous and helpful.

Hi StarZSoundS, thanks for the offer and yes i will learn to be more assertive heheh personality implant, thats a good one. We are both low on the old confidence scale (shes better at pretending to be confident than me)
However entertaining is just what we need. Its gonna be beneficial all round and its certainly not gonna put us off.

Unfortunately, its a bit far tho, when Tonsk is almost on my doorstep. Appreciate your generosity thanks.

Tonsk, yes please let me know when and where. Do you have my contact number? If not i can phone you again.

Mayhem, i will look out for a Sennheiser G2. I did see an audio technica radio mike system on ebay but not sure if thats any good so i didnt buy it.

StarZSoundS
27-07-2010, 09:53 AM
wow you people are so generous and helpful.

Hi StarZSoundS, thanks for the offer and yes i will learn to be more assertive heheh personality implant, thats a good one. We are both low on the old confidence scale (shes better at pretending to be confident than me)
However entertaining is just what we need. Its gonna be beneficial all round and its certainly not gonna put us off.

Appreciate what you say....no problem.I'm sure Tonsk is very good and has made a nice offer.....Good Luck!!:beer1: :beer1: :beer1: