PDA

View Full Version : First Gig

Ripman
16-07-2006, 12:13 AM
Hi people
as i said in my hi all post. i have been playing the clubs around the North West of England for many years. in bands and as a duo.. i went into doing disco's for a few reasons ... however i have to be honest one of the reasons was i thought because of doing what i have in the past years i thought it would be easier..... so tonight was my first gig a 40th ( some army guy) and wow i learnt so much ... i did ok in fact everyone very happy... but i knew myself i could have done better....... i now have so much respect for all the mobile djs around who i now consider to have great skills in all levels .. judging people ... setting a tone for the night... knowing when to change mood... allsorts.......... so what i am saying i suppose is you have my total respect and yes i am a newbie...

all the best Paul

musicinmotiondi
16-07-2006, 12:20 AM
Everyone has to learn and experience will give you all the answers to your many questions.

Good Luck and welcome to the profession

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-07-2006, 12:20 AM
Glad it went well for you Paul.

Keep reading the forum - you'll learn loads!

Corabar Entertainment
16-07-2006, 12:24 AM
Glad it all went well ........ and you'll never stop learning! (If you ever do, that's the time to give up! :omg: ) :teeth: :teeth:

Shaun
16-07-2006, 02:15 AM
Congrats on a succesful first mobile gig Paul. The first is always the toughest...welcome to the "mobile" world :)

Creature
16-07-2006, 03:58 PM
the most critical person will be yourself - if your not happy with something usually the punters arnt either - so listen to your feelings.

oh and most importantly dont be afraid to ask someone you trust for advise

Have a disco
16-07-2006, 06:50 PM
well done boyo ur no a true DJ LOL

leighinstoke
16-07-2006, 06:52 PM
Congrats on a good one - and remember - sometimes bad gigs aren't of your making - so just go for it!

Le!gh...

joburgo
16-07-2006, 07:38 PM
wtg ripman :beer: :beer: :beer: :teeth:

lazerdjs
17-07-2006, 10:25 AM
Congrats and welcome to the mobile world

I hope it is the first of many successful gigs for you :teeth:

ian8limelight
17-07-2006, 06:44 PM
Congratulations on your first gig, Paul.

Keep us updated as to how it's all going, and don't be afraid to ask any questions; we can always learn from our peers.

Paul James Promotions
17-07-2006, 11:47 PM
Well done Paul.

If you need any advice, you know where we are :D

Regards,

Jamie