PDA

View Full Version : DJ Intelligence

DeckstarDeluxe
27-07-2010, 04:55 PM
yes there's often more found in a potato ha ha but as you may know the site is being worked on at the moment. While not properly looking into this at the moment I'm wondering from the people who have used it would recommended it at all?

Charlie Brown
27-07-2010, 05:24 PM
I'm interested in this too. ;)

I mentioned it too a few of my brides and they loved the idea.

SC Events
27-07-2010, 06:07 PM
DJ Event Planner for me and it's great! I have had many many clients tell me that they were impressed with the system and they found it so easy to submit all of their requests as well as other information they thought I should know.

Chris G
27-07-2010, 06:59 PM
Have DJ Intelligence and have had good feedback from some Customers saying they like using request facility.

DeckstarDeluxe
27-07-2010, 07:08 PM
So the benefits are what exactly?

Music requests?

Thats it?

While I encourage on email to my clients to make any song requests I prefer only to get say 4 or 5 so I can fill in the rest of the evening with similar stuff. I want to avoid where possible being almost tied down to a long list of death metal.

DJMaxG
27-07-2010, 07:23 PM
I mentioned it too a few of my brides and they loved the idea.

They dont have to pay for it :d

Music requests?

Thats it?

- Quote Generators
- Online Checkout
- Contact Forms (reduces junk email)
- Feedback comments from guests

These type of things are an "all in one" booking system. I have had a go with the trial version of DJeventplanner and they work out VAT for you, Venue database, package options, and everything. There is a lot going on.

Shaun
27-07-2010, 07:34 PM
- Quote Generators
- Online Checkout
- Contact Forms (reduces junk email)
- Feedback comments from guests

I have the above...plus more (with the exception of the quote generator - as I didn't want that). I don't use DJ Intelligence or DJ Event Planner. Instead Marc J wrote me a bespoke database based on my exact needs.

DJMaxG
27-07-2010, 07:45 PM
Instead Marc J wrote me a bespoke database based on my exact needs.

Step 1 in saving money :approve:

Shaun
27-07-2010, 08:03 PM
Step 1 in saving money :approve:

I don't have to pay a yearly fee like the ones mentioned, so yes I guess it does save me money.

Personally, I think Marc is part Borg - It always amazes me the technical knowledge he has. He's got me out of more PC messes than I care to admit. Marc, if your reading, thanks again for everything over the years. :o :beer1:

Twinspin
27-07-2010, 08:18 PM
I use dj intelligence myself. Its my third year using it. Tbh i think its really good and definetely worth £57.00 a year. My clients like the facility.

With the djintelligence system. You can set it up so that the client is limited to how many requests they can make. So if you dont want the clients to make long requests.

You can tell the clients that they are limited to a certain amount of requests job done.

deltic
27-07-2010, 09:23 PM
thumbs up here too

Marc J
29-07-2010, 03:07 PM
Personally, I think Marc is part Borg - It always amazes me the technical knowledge he has. He's got me out of more PC messes than I care to admit. Marc, if your reading, thanks again for everything over the years. :o :beer1:

:eek: :beer1: :D No problem mate :)

Try to stop me juggling with your Hard Drives the next time I'm at your's though, we know what happened the last time (apologies to anyone who Shaun was doing graphic design work for at the time) :eek: :o :(

Shaun
29-07-2010, 03:10 PM
Try to stop me juggling with your Hard Drives the next time I'm at your's though, we know what happened the last time (apologies to anyone who Shaun was doing graphic design work for at the time) :eek: :o :(

The hard drives weren't the problem....it was the dodgy PSU that was powering them that caused the problems, LOL. You weren't juggling the PSU so you're off the hook. :D

soundtracker
29-07-2010, 03:12 PM
With the djintelligence system. You can set it up so that the client is limited to how many requests they can make. So if you dont want the clients to make long requests.

You can tell the clients that they are limited to a certain amount of requests job done.

Which you can also do with DJEP.

DJMaxG
29-07-2010, 07:13 PM
If I was booking a DJ, and submitted a load of requests through using any of the systems, I could see myself calling or e-mailing the DJ to ensure that they have received them. (unless of course I hear from them before hand)

Shaun
29-07-2010, 08:46 PM
If I was booking a DJ, and submitted a load of requests through using any of the systems, I could see myself calling or e-mailing the DJ to ensure that they have received them. (unless of course I hear from them before hand)

I tend to email the client back to let them know that the requests have been received. I treat it just the same as any contact with the client, and reply as soon as possible.

Spirits High
29-07-2010, 11:08 PM

I use DJEP and it emails you to tell you that "Client X has updated their planning account"

You check it and low and behold they've added something :D . If you're emailing "thanks for the requests etc" then this kind of defeats the object of having an automated system.

When I have the pre event meeting then I go through the request list with them at this stage to ensure all bases are covered.

Alex
04-08-2010, 01:32 AM
DJEP all the way for me............

The guy who created it (Troy Ackerman) is a really nice guy who has helped me out many a time.

If anyone is interested, I do have a promotion code which will allow any NEW users to have a 3 month trial instead of the usual 30 days.

PM me and I'll gladly forward it to you. Trust me... you'll love DJEP !

Very very easy to use, and all my clients love it!

Solitaire Events Ltd
04-08-2010, 10:22 AM
I've just started to use it and it is not 'easy' to use and there is so much to get to grips with. You need to be computer literate and need to keep using it to get used to all the different things it provides.

Very very time consuming, but it looks fantastic once it is set up and configured to your needs.

soundtracker
04-08-2010, 11:14 AM
I've just started to use it and it is not 'easy' to use and there is so much to get to grips with. You need to be computer literate and need to keep using it to get used to all the different things it provides.

Very very time consuming, but it looks fantastic once it is set up and configured to your needs.

Agreed, It does take some time to get it as you want it, and I keep discovering little tweaks that are improving it, due to my limited computer understanding. However, I still think that it is the one thing that has contributed most to my business.

DeckstarDeluxe
04-08-2010, 11:22 AM

See I passed it over to my website guy, hes pretty good if you want his number ;)

I LOVE DJEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its the iphone of djing software. It just does everything you want it to do.

welby
11-09-2010, 08:45 AM
I'd be interested in what level of DJEP package people on here have opted for?
And whether you can upgrade your package level at any time?

Thanks