PDA

View Full Version : must have tunes for a MOBILE DISCO

Pages : [1] 2

Thames Valley Discos
17-07-2006, 04:25 PM
OK, i,ll try again. Please add as and when you hear a good NEW tune you feel would go down well at a mobile disco event. What i would class as, a MUST HAVE TUNE, that is popular and recognised by the masses!! :)

A1DL
17-07-2006, 06:08 PM
I think you've made that quite clear now Paul !

So, you mean tunes like...

Play now DJ C "A It Dat" (Boston Junglist Mix) :teeth: :teeth:

You got that one Badger? :embarasse

Have a disco
17-07-2006, 06:48 PM
strangely enuff yes but no to playing it at a wedding mobile disco

Thames Valley Discos
22-07-2006, 01:05 PM
ok, i quite like supermode-tell me why. remix of bronski beat(sample). Will give it a road test later.

A1DL
22-07-2006, 01:54 PM
ok, i quite like supermode-tell me why. remix of bronski beat(sample). Will give it a road test later.

Supermode works at most mobile functions because it's got that all important familiarity factor

Have a disco
23-07-2006, 12:49 AM
current one for few weeks ne*yo - sexy love

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-07-2006, 01:38 AM
current one for few weeks ne*yo - sexy love

Wouldn't really say that's a must have, and it's been out for a few weeks.

Good tune though :)

Danno13
23-07-2006, 01:44 AM
Supermode has been out a while too... played it tonight though, but only early on when people where still stuffing their faces from the buffet!

Also played the Paris Hilton track early in the evening tonight, thats out in a couple of weeks and is quite a nice tune.

Justin Timberlake also has a new one out in August, not had a chance to listen to it yet though.

Oh.. and mousee t vs dandy warholls will work well too.. and its on NOW64 that came through my door this morning.

Candybeatdiscos
23-07-2006, 10:04 PM
rhianna - unfaithful

Have a disco
23-07-2006, 10:33 PM
Ok NE*YO was not upfront enuf try this in 3 weeks time

Dem Franchise Boys - Riding Rims

or

Janet Jackson Ft. Nelly - Call On Me

trying to keep to thread here guys

Corabar Entertainment
23-07-2006, 10:38 PM
Dem Franchise Boys - Riding Rims...but do you really think that is going to be that big that it is going to be one of the "must have tunes for a MOBILE DISCO" - as in the title of this thread?

Have a disco
23-07-2006, 10:45 PM
Afraid to say yes its going to be the current R'n'B tune for the next 3 months, on mobiles like 50 cent in da club was on mobiles. afraid most R'n'B is a 3 month thing in most cases

Alex - Cream Ents
23-07-2006, 11:20 PM
The Justin Timberlake tune is called "sexyback"

Solitaire Events Ltd
24-07-2006, 12:33 AM
Ok NE*YO was not upfront enuf

Is this not a thread about must have tunes for a mobile DJ and not 'upfront' tunes?

Have a disco
24-07-2006, 12:37 AM
Hence the reason I put NE*YO - Sexy love perfect R'n'B tune for mobiles currently

Look lets face it everyones choice for perfect must have tunes for mobiles is different, I cant win so holly hocks to this therad

Corabar Steve
24-07-2006, 01:09 AM
trying to keep to thread here guys
& failing abysmally :teeth:

Have a disco
24-07-2006, 01:35 AM
so what so bloody wrong with NEYO

Solitaire Events Ltd
24-07-2006, 01:48 AM
so what so bloody wrong with NEYO

It's a nice R&B tune, but hardly a 'must have'.

Have a disco
24-07-2006, 04:18 PM
It will get put on now 65 thats good enuff for me

Corabar Steve
24-07-2006, 05:21 PM
Yeah, on disc 2

BeerFunk
24-07-2006, 05:49 PM
Sorry, but if you're only talking about new tunes which are 'must haves' - technically there will be 10 posts a month (if you're lucky)

Have a disco
24-07-2006, 10:00 PM
Yeah, on disc 2

what diference does it matter which one of the 2 discs it goes upon but then again Now collection is very iffy on what gets put on as they have missed some classics over the years

Corabar Steve
24-07-2006, 10:31 PM
Go through your Now collection, with the excepion of the last 3 & you'll see what I mean

Thames Valley Discos
25-07-2006, 09:18 PM
Sorry, but if you're only talking about new tunes which are 'must haves' - technically there will be 10 posts a month (if you're lucky)
Thats the idea of this thread, not really a discussion thread, just for must have tunes, as and when you hear them. Keep us all upto date on such tunes.

edwin
14-08-2006, 04:17 PM
Chamillionaire - Ridin' is a must have Hip-Hop song at the moment. Getting loads of airplay.

dj_ags
14-08-2006, 05:11 PM
Chamillionaire - Ridin' is a must have Hip-Hop song at the moment. Getting loads of airplay.

It is a pretty catchy tune i must admit, even if im not hip-hop's biggest fan :)

Groove Spinner
14-08-2006, 05:17 PM
Scissor Sisters - I Don't Feel Like Dancing. Just a fantastic tune and really catchy. I've been playing it for about three weeks and it gets a great response.

soundtracker
14-08-2006, 05:46 PM
I totally agree with Beerfunk, I'm actually struggling to think of ten "must haves" this year! :teeth:

Solitaire Events Ltd
14-08-2006, 06:06 PM
Scissor Sisters - I Don't Feel Like Dancing. Just a fantastic tune and really catchy. I've been playing it for about three weeks and it gets a great response.

Great tune and one that will be played a lot in December no doubt...

Corabar Steve
14-08-2006, 10:28 PM
But is it a must have for a mobile DJ????????

What abour Beatfreakz - Superfreak? (Rick James gets a dance remix)

Have a disco
14-08-2006, 11:56 PM
NOPE another pile of drivel waffling on and on etc etchardly De La Soul class is it

Discodaz
15-08-2006, 12:20 AM
I've been listening to a band called Coldplay, but I don't think they'll go far.

BeerFunk
15-08-2006, 01:06 AM
I've been listening to a band called Coldplay, but I don't think they'll go far.
I've been listening to their first 2 albums recently in the car. Really good stuff, but then they started to get predictable and samey - can't be bothered with their new stuff :sad:

Solitaire Events Ltd
15-08-2006, 10:06 AM

Coldplay, absolutely essential to pack any dance floor....NOT!

soundtracker
15-08-2006, 12:08 PM
I've been listening to their first 2 albums recently in the car. Really good stuff, but then they started to get predictable and samey - can't be bothered with their new stuff :sad:
Hey I've agreed with Beerfunk twice in two days-must see if anybody can spare me some nasty pills! :teeth:

dj andy allwood
21-08-2006, 02:23 PM
But is it a must have for a mobile DJ????????

whats mobile dj's got to do with this site??? .............oh hang on a sec nevermind scrap that!!! :)

dj_ags
23-09-2006, 11:59 AM
Here are a few new tunes that are soon to grace the charts, and IMO, will do well!

Infernal - Self Control
The Killers - When You Were Young
PCD - I Don't Need A Man
Lil' Chris - Checkin' It Out
Beatfreakz - Freakshow
Roger Sanchez ft. Lisa Pure - Lost
Chanel - My Life (Haji and Emanuel Edit)

Bob Sinclar - Rock This Party (not sure, but every one seems to be talking about it!)

My dad's top tune of the moment is "Simply Red - Oh! What A Girl" ... but i doubt it'll do well!

C'mon guys, what are your suggestions?

Danno13
23-09-2006, 03:07 PM
Lil' Chris - Checkin' It Out

Just grabbed this off napster today.. kept hearing it on the radio, its very addictive! Not a big fan of the new Killers one.. his voice sounds too moany (ala Coldplay etc.)

Chanel is a good track as well, also take a look at Changes by Chris Lake.. they've put a vocal over it, which makes it sound odd.. but it'll probably be quite popular.

Candybeatdiscos
23-09-2006, 03:14 PM
Purchased in last few days from Itunes

supermode - tell me why ( an old one but still a cracking tune)
Superfly Inc - Moving too fast - (see above)
Keane - Crystal Ball (tall Paul Mix) - dunno if its old but what a track, like the orginal this is better
Miljahana-K - Neil Diamond Megamix (the guy is brilliant, and this cracking wee megamix is great)
Sailor - glass of Champagne (M&S advert - See other thread)
QFX - Freedom (voodoo & Serano Mix) - one of my all time favourite songs (lost original)

Corabar Steve
24-09-2006, 09:35 AM
Not a big fan of the new Killers one.. his voice sounds too moany (ala Coldplay etc.)Coldplay!!!!!!!! :omg:

I'm sorry but that's Twaddle, piffle, balderdash & flapdoodle!
(Sounds like a law firm doesn't it? :teeth: )

Danno13
24-09-2006, 11:48 AM
Just listened again.. and its just the voice i'm talking about here.. he's definatley got the whole whiney style going on.. not quite as bad as coldplay though!

colinm345
24-09-2006, 02:37 PM

Yes its great I get the new realeases from Ministry Of Sound free of charge to test out:teeth:

dj andy allwood
24-09-2006, 03:16 PM
here is a few for ya!!

Akcent - kylie (if said this already haven't i?)
Super Jupiter - you know
just jack - writers block

soundtracker
24-09-2006, 07:31 PM
I got totally misled by the title of this thread I thought it was about "must have tunes for a MOBILE DISCO " but obviously I was wrong!

Corabar Steve
25-09-2006, 10:47 AM
I got totally misled by the title of this thread I thought it was about "must have tunes for a MOBILE DISCO " but obviously I was wrong!
Yes, we do seem to be veering into clubland again.

Have a disco
25-09-2006, 12:33 PM
keeping to club pop hit in the making

14th Precinct - All out of love (this is going move alot of people as it has a cagney & lacey sample within it)

dj steady
03-10-2006, 02:32 PM
Scissor Sisters......Don't feel like dancing.....

This is doing good bussiness at the moment, fills dancefloors got to be my most requested tune at the moment...

Corabar Steve
04-10-2006, 07:22 PM
Well I'd say that's the first must have for a mobile on this thread for a while

Disco 463
06-10-2006, 08:30 PM
I know I’m new but this seems to do well at the moment when I play it.

Something Kinda Ooooh - Girls Aloud.

Sam
06-10-2006, 08:57 PM
deff scissor sisters.. and all their other songs do very well too.
Girls aloud jump is another requested one that everyone likes..

Corabar Steve
07-10-2006, 12:57 AM
I think Bootyluv - Boogie 2nite (R&B mix) will be worth having in the near future (much better than the original mix)

Danno13
07-10-2006, 01:00 AM
Heard a cracker on Radio One earlier..

House track but with RnBish vocals... its by "lo(w) rider".. can't remember the track name , but definatley one to look out for!

A few more, whilst i rememeber..

All Saints - Rock Steady (some good dance mixes out there too)
Jamiroquai - Runaway (more the kinda thing you'd play early evening but still a good track)
Bugz in the Attic - Don't stop the music (Yarborough & Peoples Cover)

Disco 463
07-10-2006, 08:25 AM
This is good. Quite catchy.

Mika - Relax (take it easy) :teeth:

A bit like Scissor sisters.

Have a disco
07-10-2006, 11:14 AM
OK guys

Just got in yesterday big must have

Fedde Le Grand ft King Gordy & Bizarre of D12 - Put your hands up for Detroit

this will basically the version for release with vocal rap as well as that tune, its going big time and will work well on mobiles as well

also hot mover on the dance floor!!! yes I did an 18th last night till 1am it was kicking

Cassius - toop toop (olivier koletski mix)
Mason - Exceeder (Just kicking the floor to bits with the younger gen)
Evro Vs. Status Quo - You're In The Army Now (Excellent rock remake)
Eric Prydz Vs Pink Floyd - Proper Education (Ben Cappa Edit) and another
The S & M Project - One man (TG Mix) Chanelle remake
House Agents - 1 week in ibiza (raul rincon mix)
Bootyluv - Boogie2nite (DB Boulevard mix) rather than R & B mix which is also nice
Danity Kane - Show Stopper (now this R & B)
The B.O.M.B. ft Sean Finn - Skynight (original club mix) not white disc version yes the BOMB is back sounding like last time well almost
Danzel vs DJ Frank - My arms (rick astley remake that sound cool)
Akcent - Kylie (ClubStar ReMiX) the euro summer smash now getting UK airplay
Leg Soup - Wonderland (Soul Avengerz Remix) silly name great song
Benny Benassi - Who's Your Daddy (David Guetta Remix) Bennys back euro smash
Sleepy Brown Ft. Pharrell,Big Boi - Margarita (very black eyed peas ish)

Thats enuff from me but these all worked blindingly for a little upront set

off to Cahoots Basildon 550 max capacity venue Am I gonna rock it toniite just slightly?

Corabar Steve
08-10-2006, 03:33 PM
Somebody's been listening to their MOS promos :teeth:

Infernal - Self control (should be a biggie too)

Harrison's Discos
10-10-2006, 03:13 PM
some big tunes guys! My sister will be pleased :teeth:
Put your hands up for detroit is a brilliant tune. Has anyone heard the new song from the 'Beatfreakz' ? I think its a craker. :)

soundtracker
10-10-2006, 03:45 PM
OK guys

Just got in yesterday big must have

Fedde Le Grand ft King Gordy & Bizarre of D12 - Put your hands up for Detroit

this will basically the version for release with vocal rap as well as that tune, its going big time and will work well on mobiles as well

also hot mover on the dance floor!!! yes I did an 18th last night till 1am it was kicking

Cassius - toop toop (olivier koletski mix)
Mason - Exceeder (Just kicking the floor to bits with the younger gen)
Evro Vs. Status Quo - You're In The Army Now (Excellent rock remake)
Eric Prydz Vs Pink Floyd - Proper Education (Ben Cappa Edit) and another
The S & M Project - One man (TG Mix) Chanelle remake
House Agents - 1 week in ibiza (raul rincon mix)
Bootyluv - Boogie2nite (DB Boulevard mix) rather than R & B mix which is also nice
Danity Kane - Show Stopper (now this R & B)
The B.O.M.B. ft Sean Finn - Skynight (original club mix) not white disc version yes the BOMB is back sounding like last time well almost
Danzel vs DJ Frank - My arms (rick astley remake that sound cool)
Akcent - Kylie (ClubStar ReMiX) the euro summer smash now getting UK airplay
Leg Soup - Wonderland (Soul Avengerz Remix) silly name great song
Benny Benassi - Who's Your Daddy (David Guetta Remix) Bennys back euro smash
Sleepy Brown Ft. Pharrell,Big Boi - Margarita (very black eyed peas ish)

Thats enuff from me but these all worked blindingly for a little upront set

off to Cahoots Basildon 550 max capacity venue Am I gonna rock it toniite just slightly?
MUST HAVE TUNES FOR A MOBILE - Don't think so!

Corabar Steve
10-10-2006, 04:01 PM
Has anyone heard the new song from the 'Beatfreakz' ? I think its a craker. :)Erm.....

What abour Beatfreakz - Superfreak? (Rick James gets a dance remix)

Have a disco
10-10-2006, 04:22 PM
MUST HAVE TUNES FOR A MOBILE - Don't think so!

sorry I dont just play the same 1000 regular tracks or so that every disco seems to play. Neither do I limit myself to the likes of Now thats what I call music as upfront tunes that could be played as DJ's we aint stuck in a time warp and customers these days are as liable to want stuff they here upon the radio as well as they here in the clubs (Customers are no longer backward to music trends) Hence my comments were tunes that worked for me at an 18th birthday party a mobile disco at that, not a club night they all those I suggested would work at a 40th, maybe at a wedding if fitted in correctly.

I do wonder how many of you play the same set week in and week out?? I feel that these would be great must have tunes for a mobile (A DJ's are to entertain & educate) unless a customer has specified no new music it gets played at every disco if it fits in. Its a hit & miss affair at every disco. but timing is essential. No one thought Black Box - ride on time would become essential disco classic?? I do apologise if you do not like my opinion of the choices I made as they are very upfront currently but most will cross over Im not usually too far out with music like this

Solitaire Events Ltd
10-10-2006, 04:29 PM
For mobile functions generally, unless they have specified club tunes, people will generally only dance to music they know.

We are not there to educate people at all.

We are talking 'mobile' here, not upfront clubs.

Corabar Steve
10-10-2006, 04:29 PM
I feel this thread should be retitled Must have Dance tunes for a mobile disco.

HOWEVER.......

I've found that far more requests are coming in for indie style stuff recently

So.......

the Fratellis - Chelsea dagger

Corabar Entertainment
10-10-2006, 04:33 PM
And the point of this thread was for MUST HAVE tunes for mobile DJs - not for all the 'up-front' stuff - you had a different thread up and running for that and this thread was started to separate it away from the one that you had put all the 'up-front' stuff on.

I am sure that mosts DJs on here don't play the same set week in, week out - but the real MUST HAVE's are the ones that are going to last and not be just a flash in the pan, and as such are few and far between...... not 10 a week

Have a disco
10-10-2006, 04:48 PM
I feel this thread should be retitled Must have Dance tunes for a mobile disco.

HOWEVER.......

I've found that far more requests are coming in for indie style stuff recently

So.......

the Fratellis - Chelsea dagger

And general I would have to agree with you in a way but only stuff like this gets put on the now collections if its good enuff very rarely do I ever have to play most of it but its a good guide to must have stuff for a mobile wether its indy or dance or just popular tunes its one of the best barometers on the music scene

Everyone has there opinion but in general if it lasts less than 4 weeks in the charts it aint worth playing. It becomes a lesser played tune compared to the real longterm hits

Solitaire Events Ltd
10-10-2006, 04:57 PM
Everyone has there opinion but in general if it lasts less than 4 weeks in the charts it aint worth playing.

And the list of songs you posted - do you think any of them will be in the chart for more than 4 weeks?

Probably not, and so the list is pointless.

Thames Valley Discos
10-10-2006, 05:15 PM
The original post was meant for tunes that were a must have at your mobile disco. Tunes that were most likely to be asked for. As i personally tend to listen to talk radio, i miss whats hot in the charts. So this thread was meant to help people like me, keep an eye on tunes we should listen to and buy for the MOBILE circuit. It was not meant for the Pete Tong essential mix tunes.

soundtracker
10-10-2006, 05:36 PM
sorry I dont just play the same 1000 regular tracks or so that every disco seems to play. Neither do I limit myself to the likes of Now thats what I call music as upfront tunes that could be played as DJ's we aint stuck in a time warp and customers these days are as liable to want stuff they here upon the radio as well as they here in the clubs (Customers are no longer backward to music trends) Hence my comments were tunes that worked for me at an 18th birthday party a mobile disco at that, not a club night they all those I suggested would work at a 40th, maybe at a wedding if fitted in correctly.

I do wonder how many of you play the same set week in and week out?? I feel that these would be great must have tunes for a mobile (A DJ's are to entertain & educate) unless a customer has specified no new music it gets played at every disco if it fits in. Its a hit & miss affair at every disco. but timing is essential. No one thought Black Box - ride on time would become essential disco classic?? I do apologise if you do not like my opinion of the choices I made as they are very upfront currently but most will cross over Im not usually too far out with music like this

What total nonsense- our job isn't to educate, our job is to make sure that our dancefloors are full and that people are having a good time. I would guarantee that 90% of your list would clear the floor at most events, even 18th birthdays, unless there is a very dance savvy crowd. As Daz says, people dance to what they know.

Corabar Steve
10-10-2006, 05:52 PM
The original post was meant for tunes that were a must have at your mobile disco. Tunes that were most likely to be asked for. As i personally tend to listen to talk radio, i miss whats hot in the charts. So this thread was meant to help people like me, keep an eye on tunes we should listen to and buy for the MOBILE circuit. It was not meant for the Pete Tong essential mix tunes.
So are we talking songs we all should have, old or new?

Corabar Entertainment
10-10-2006, 05:55 PM
...as I understand it, it's for the new ones out to keep up with what will probably be asked for

DMX Will
10-10-2006, 06:36 PM
Yeah....Ibiza's top 401 arn't much good to me....lol

Have a disco
10-10-2006, 07:32 PM
I do find this thread confusing as Its seems to contradict its self over and over again

as I said If we all carried around the same top 1500 mobile tunes. Would we all not sound the same????? Now some of you play more rock n roll some of us R & B tunes some like me more dance tunes (please note I regularly carry on average 15,000 tunes of various genres & eras) But in general if we dont try new tunes we will never know if they are to work at all. A DJ is always educating himself and customers its a trial n error thing at every party. I have had Rock n roll flop at some nights and drum and bass rock instead visa versa.

Every event is different and I try to please all ages weddings are slightly different in the fact that its 2 peoples night not like most other parties

The question at hand is not considering how wide a choice of music there is to play at every event so A must have tune for one mobile in one area may be a must not have in another area or the same could apply to every disco done

The tunes I posted were dance someone may decide that 10 rock/Indie tunes would be a must for the month week or year there is no limit to a must have for mobiles as they are so diversive

Or is it the fact that your only willing to play Radio One Top 40 charted music and not try somethings from say the weekly DMC charts or the American Billboard Charts or even Indie charts

Thames Valley Discos
10-10-2006, 07:37 PM
...as I understand it, it's for the new ones out to keep up with what will probably be asked for
That was the idea of the thread. :teeth: :)

Thames Valley Discos
10-10-2006, 07:39 PM
I do find this thread confusing as Its seems to contradict its self over and over again

as I said If we all carried around the same top 1500 mobile tunes. Would we all not sound the same????? Now some of you play more rock n roll some of us R & B tunes some like me more dance tunes (please note I regularly carry on average 15,000 tunes of various genres & eras) But in general if we dont try new tunes we will never know if they are to work at all. A DJ is always educating himself and customers its a trial n error thing at every party. I have had Rock n roll flop at some nights and drum and bass rock instead visa versa.

Every event is different and I try to please all ages weddings are slightly different in the fact that its 2 peoples night not like most other parties

The question at hand is not considering how wide a choice of music there is to play at every event so A must have tune for one mobile in one area may be a must not have in another area or the same could apply to every disco done

The tunes I posted were dance someone may decide that 10 rock/Indie tunes would be a must for the month week or year there is no limit to a must have for mobiles as they are so diversive

Or is it the fact that your only willing to play Radio One Top 40 charted music and not try somethings from say the weekly DMC charts or the American Billboard Charts or even Indie charts
Its not about what tunes we have, its about NEW TUNES that are a MUST HAVE for the MOBILE circuit. Ones that we are likely to be asked for!!!

soundtracker
10-10-2006, 07:41 PM
Disagree Badger - Something is either MUST HAVE or it isn't. The way that I see this thread is that we are looking for songs that we can add to our playlist which will have longevity - Scissors Sisters is a definate, we will be playing it for years - but stuff that relies on old samples to get noticed is here today - gone tomorrow. Take something like Eric Prydz - Call on Me - 12 months or so ago it was huge - now, it's as dead as a dodo!

Have a disco
10-10-2006, 07:47 PM
I would disagree with the sissor sistors track I give that 12 months and it will be dead as such but the fact it has managed to keep it at No 1 for 4 weeks would do it some justice

In general music is only now starting to become realistic again what with internet sales included within the figures There has not been many tracks come flying in straight to No 1 like there was in the likes of 2000 when 40 did it

Thames Valley Discos
10-10-2006, 07:47 PM
Badger, can i suggest you start a new thread titled. Must have tunes for a club dj that no one will request.

Solitaire Events Ltd
10-10-2006, 07:48 PM
I have had Rock n roll flop at some nights and drum and bass rock instead visa versa.

This is where the ability to read the dance floor comes into play.

I don't try music that may clear the dance floor. I've heard so many stories of DJs playing what they wanted and clearing floors. What you fail to remember is that guests at a wedding for example, may only go to one party a year and don't want to hear something that you have decided to try out.

They generally want tried and tested familiar tunes that they can dance and sing to.

It seems to me that you are getting confused with DJing in bars and clubs, which is a totally different kettle of fish.

soundtracker
10-10-2006, 07:49 PM
Or perhaps start a site for Club DJs - this site is for MOBILE DJs, you know, the ones that have to work hard- Not those that shoot fish in a barrell.

Solitaire Events Ltd
10-10-2006, 07:51 PM
I would disagree with the sissor sistors track I give that 12 months and it will be dead as such

Sorry, but now you are talking complete rubbish.

Like it it or not, that track is one of the most catchy, playable, danceable tunes around and will be around in a years time, of that there's no doubt.

Thames Valley Discos
10-10-2006, 07:54 PM
A tune such as Scissors Sisters is what i,m after. Its a tune that i,m almost certainly going to be asked for at upcoming gigs, due to the fact that most of the guests will be familiar with it

Corabar Steve
10-10-2006, 07:55 PM
I would disagree with the sissor sistors track I give that 12 months and it will be dead as such
Like their instantly forgetable first album?

Thames Valley Discos
10-10-2006, 07:56 PM
Like their instantly forgetable first album?
remind me, what was that :teeth: :teeth: :)

Have a disco
10-10-2006, 09:13 PM
This is where the ability to read the dance floor comes into play.

I don't try music that may clear the dance floor. I've heard so many stories of DJs playing what they wanted and clearing floors. What you fail to remember is that guests at a wedding for example, may only go to one party a year and don't want to hear something that you have decided to try out.

They generally want tried and tested familiar tunes that they can dance and sing to.

It seems to me that you are getting confused with DJing in bars and clubs, which is a totally different kettle of fish.

As ever I do read my crowds very well but requests are requests from guests and if its there party I do what the customer wishes

Please trust me I do feel like a chameleon sometimes and I do revert from club to disco DJ without any problems.

And if I wanted to set up a forum for club Dj's I would have done so but I DJ in both enviroments. So I get to see future Must have mobile tunes way before most of you and I play them to all age groups which most of the tracks I put down were used all weekend just gone and response was very favourable. Please note we are going through a late eighties revival so lots of remakes are coming through as well as rock tunes being jazzed up for the dance market Eric Prydz being an early one

I do feel that some of your ideas of what dictates must haves tunes for mobiles are very blinkered in view and please note I am approaching this subject very lightly infact Im finding the conversation very entertaining

Corabar Entertainment
10-10-2006, 09:17 PM
...but the clue is in the title MUST Haves - not "these are complete unknowns which may go down well and a couple of them might still be remembered in a couple of months"

Have a disco
10-10-2006, 09:21 PM
In which case its back to the point made buy steve Must haves gone buy or right now that will last, as this is mission impossible to judge till at least say 3 years has passed and the track is still played time and time again which leads me back to the fact that really there can only be say 1500 tracks that could be classed as must haves??

Corabar Steve
10-10-2006, 09:22 PM
so lots of remakes are coming through as well as rock tunes being jazzed up for the dance market Eric Prydz being an early one
Just coz the original was Steve Winwood, don't make it rock

Solitaire Events Ltd
10-10-2006, 09:23 PM
So I get to see future Must have mobile tunes way before most of you

But they are not 'must have' tunes for mobiles. This is where you don't seem to see the difference.

I do feel that some of your ideas of what dictates must haves tunes for mobiles are very blinkered in view

I would rather be blinkered and keep people dancing and getting referral after referral, because I am playing what my clients want.

I will say it again. You are getting clubs and mobiles confused.

Corabar Entertainment
10-10-2006, 09:23 PM
In which case its back to the point made buy steve Must haves gone buy or right now that will last,FGS!!! How many times and how many different ways can we put this!!!! New songs that you think may last the test of time!!!!!

Thames Valley Discos
10-10-2006, 09:25 PM
see this thread is working. not

Thames Valley Discos
10-10-2006, 09:27 PM
FAO BADGER.
Please add as and when you hear a good NEW tune you feel would go down well at a mobile disco event. What i would class as, a MUST HAVE TUNE, that is popular and recognised by the masses!!

Corabar Steve
10-10-2006, 09:27 PM
So I get to see future Must have mobile tunes way before most of you
You're not the only one on here who gets MOS promos

Solitaire Events Ltd
10-10-2006, 09:28 PM
Dancing Queen, by Abba always seems to work quite well for me.

It probably won't be played in a few years though :D

Thames Valley Discos
10-10-2006, 09:29 PM
Badger, i dont care how soon you get tracks before i do, but if they get no air play, they wont be popular tunes heard by the masses. Get my drift!

Thames Valley Discos
10-10-2006, 09:30 PM
Dancing Queen, by Abba always seems to work quite well for me.

It probably won't be played in a few years though :D
Is that on white label? When can i get a copy? :teeth:

Solitaire Events Ltd
10-10-2006, 09:35 PM
Is that on white label? When can i get a copy? :teeth:

I'm probably one of the only DJs who gets away with playing it and I don't think this Abba group will be around for long anyway. :teeth:

Thames Valley Discos
10-10-2006, 09:41 PM
I'm probably one of the only DJs who gets away with playing it and I don't think this Abba group will be around for long anyway. :teeth:
Ok, if you wont help, i know someone who will :teeth: :teeth:

Corabar Steve
10-10-2006, 09:41 PM
I don't think this Abba group will be around for long anyway. :teeth:Too late they've already split :sad:

Thames Valley Discos
10-10-2006, 09:42 PM
Too late they've already split :sad:
Blimey... that was quick.

Corabar Entertainment
10-10-2006, 09:44 PM
It was all Darren's fault 'cos he wouldn't share! :teeth:

Thames Valley Discos
10-10-2006, 09:45 PM
if only it would have got some radio air time, all could have been different.

soundtracker
10-10-2006, 09:53 PM
You wouldn't have liked them anyway- they were a bit like a swedish version of the Dooleys!!

Thames Valley Discos
10-10-2006, 09:54 PM
Dooleys!!
is that a typo error

Corabar Entertainment
10-10-2006, 10:01 PM
Crickey! I haven't thought of them in a long while!!! :omg:

soundtracker
10-10-2006, 10:07 PM
DLT always threatened to play their song "I got you"- he was a very funny man!

Solitaire Events Ltd
10-10-2006, 10:17 PM
DLT always threatened to play their song "I got you"- he was a very funny man!

The chosen few you mean?

soundtracker
10-10-2006, 10:28 PM
I Got You by the Dooleys - he thought it was funny anyway!

Have a disco
10-10-2006, 10:36 PM
prehaps thames valley is right delete this thread as its going nowhere fast and my opinion means nothing disco music is 75% dance music so what is club music ROCK

Corabar Entertainment
10-10-2006, 10:37 PM
How many times Badger - we are not going to go around deleting threads just because you state that they should be!

Thames Valley Discos
10-10-2006, 10:42 PM
prehaps thames valley is right delete this thread

at what point did i suggest deleting my own thread?

Corabar Steve
10-10-2006, 10:50 PM
disco music is 75% dance music so what is club music ROCKIt is in the clubs I go to http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/navigator/lhdevil.gif :evelgrin:

Have a disco
10-10-2006, 10:50 PM
I was backing up thames as the question is ambiguous and as my predictions to possible must have mobile music of the future is not appreciated.

I do feel that some of you are stuck in a rut playing the same tunes week in and out and suggest you go and see some good pub disco's in action. Im not labeling or tarring you all with the same brush but if you read the thread from beginning to end your starting to sound like your all older than me and you have lost your belief in new music. My choices were yes from the club dance scene or on MTV played regularly already so some of it is getting airplay in the daytime some not..

I remember when SYDNEY Youngbloods - If only I could

which hung around for 2 years before it charted, but if I play it at a disco now people go wild for it. not everything is abba dancing queen all the time or summer of 69 week in week out I like to rotate my music as not to start sounding stale lets face it abba had loads of hits but people forget this fact and expect the same 2 or 3 songs all the time and many dj's will only play one of there songs all the time waterloo for example

Have a disco
10-10-2006, 10:54 PM
see this thread is working. not

erm???

Corabar Steve
10-10-2006, 10:56 PM
Only because somebody keeps posting up unuseable tracks

Thames Valley Discos
10-10-2006, 11:00 PM
erm???
as i say, at what point did i say DELETE THIS THREAD URGGHH!!!

Have a disco
10-10-2006, 11:01 PM
Only because somebody keeps posting up unuseable tracks

Unusable in yours and maybe a few others eyes but not the majority of all forum members

Thames Valley Discos
10-10-2006, 11:02 PM
I was backing up thames as the question is ambiguous and as my predictions to possible must have mobile music of the future is not appreciated.

I do feel that some of you are stuck in a rut playing the same tunes week in and out and suggest you go and see some good pub disco's in action. Im not labeling or tarring you all with the same brush but if you read the thread from beginning to end your starting to sound like your all older than me and you have lost your belief in new music. My choices were yes from the club dance scene or on MTV played regularly already so some of it is getting airplay in the daytime some not..

which hung around for 2 years before it charted, but if I play it at a disco now people go wild for it. not everything is abba dancing queen all the time or summer of 69 week in week out I like to rotate my music as not to start sounding stale lets face it abba had loads of hits but people forget this fact and expect the same 2 or 3 songs all the time and many dj's will only play one of there songs all the time waterloo for example
if i played to the same crowd week in week out maybe, but i dont, and most weeks the guests expect these same old 2 or 3 tracks from AbbA

Corabar Steve
10-10-2006, 11:03 PM
Unusable in yours and maybe a few others eyes but not the majority of all forum members
Would that be the silent majority then?

Thames Valley Discos
10-10-2006, 11:05 PM

which hung around for 2 years before it charted, but if I play it at a disco now people go wild for it.

Yes thats the point. They do because they are familiar with it now. But if you would have played it 2 years before release they would not have!

Thames Valley Discos
10-10-2006, 11:06 PM
Would that be the silent majority then?
i would say YES

Have a disco
10-10-2006, 11:06 PM
and how soon before they got bored of them rather than expect them, they start predicting what your gonna play next then your disco becomes very predictable same ole same ole etc etc

I will say that Shakira - hips dont lie will be a regular request Im already sick of it this year it out guns scissors sisters 10 - 1 every week in requests

Thames Valley Discos
10-10-2006, 11:08 PM
and how soon before they got bored of them rather than expect them, they start predicting what your gonna play next then your disco becomes very predictable same ole same ole etc etc

But its my guests first disco in a year or two porobaly, so why would they predict my records.

soundtracker
10-10-2006, 11:08 PM
I do feel that some of you are stuck in a rut playing the same tunes week in and out

Yeah coz obviously you've been out and seen us work.

[/QUOTE]go and see some good pub disco's in action. [/QUOTE]

Saw a tremendous one saturday night- mirrors everywhere

[/QUOTE]Im not labeling or tarring you all with the same brush [/QUOTE]

Actually, that's exactly what you always do!
[/QUOTE]but if you read the thread from beginning to end your starting to sound like your all older than me and you have lost your belief in new music. [/QUOTE]
Not much of what you listed is new- just tired old rehashes

[/QUOTE]My choices were yes from the club dance scene or on MTV played regularly already so some of it is getting airplay in the daytime some not..[/QUOTE]
and not obvious mobile fodder.( I have diarised three months ahead to remind you)

Thames Valley Discos
10-10-2006, 11:09 PM
I will say that Shakira - hips dont lie will be a regular request Im already sick of it this year it out guns scissors sisters 10 - 1 every week in requests
i thought you had no work, but now you have work every week?

Corabar Steve
10-10-2006, 11:10 PM
I will say that Shakira - hips dont lie will be a regular request Im already sick of it this year it out guns scissors sisters 10 - 1 every week in requestsEvery week?????

How come it wasn't at number one for longer then?

Solitaire Events Ltd
10-10-2006, 11:11 PM

If you are working in the same bar or pub every week, yes.

I got the impression this was more about songs for functions rather then pubs though? Perhaps Paul can tell us what his thoughts are?

When I used to do pubs a lot, I played mainly new music as it is a real change from what I would play when doing a function, but in pubs, there's not always a dance floor, so it didn't matter if people hadn't heard the tune before and didn't dance.

soundtracker
10-10-2006, 11:12 PM
I was asked for that ONCE! Do get asked for Whatever, whenever,however!

Have a disco
10-10-2006, 11:13 PM
Yes thats the point. They do because they are familiar with it now. But if you would have played it 2 years before release they would not have!

hence my reason for posting my list some of them will and maybe held back till next year or just be continuously pushed until it charts. the egg - walking away is a classic this year it was hammered to death until citroen picked it up then it got into overdrive when lyrics were added by david guetta and it charted now it will last for years as a must have track???

I believe that most will play a part in future hits for mobiles prehaps that is a better title for the thread rather than must have tunes for mobile discos

And I have been getting more DJ work recently and am taking bookings for december etc

Thames Valley Discos
10-10-2006, 11:15 PM
Wabbit, Read The Thread Title, I<m Not Renaming It So It Suits Your Music Choice....!!!!
FOR GODS SAKE MAN, READ THE THREAD!!!! :mad:

Have a disco
10-10-2006, 11:17 PM
Nothing to do with my musical choice Im just better with DANCE Music whereas steve maybe better at Indie etc etc

Solitaire Events Ltd
10-10-2006, 11:17 PM
the egg - walking away is a classic this year it was hammered to death until citroen picked it up then it got into overdrive when lyrics were added by david guetta and it charted now it will last for years as a must have track???

I disagree.

Although I think this is a blinding track, it's not going to be around for mobile use for much longer than a couple of months.

I've played it a couple of times with limited success.

Thames Valley Discos
10-10-2006, 11:18 PM
[QUOTE=Solitaire Entertainments Ltd]

I got the impression this was more about songs for functions rather then pubs though? Perhaps Paul can tell us what his thoughts are?

QUOTE]
DARREN, i could name the thread " best tv show", and Wabbit would still get it to the point of upfront Dance music! :teeth:

Corabar Steve
10-10-2006, 11:20 PM
Nothing to do with my musical choice Im just better with DANCE Music whereas steve maybe better at Indie etc etc
Bu the thing you're failing to grasp is that the vast majority of gigs that mobile DJs do don't involve upfront dance music. Therefore your lists are irrelevant.

Thames Valley Discos
FAIR enough, but this is not a dance music thread, its a must have..... no i,m not going to say it again! :mad: :beer:

Solitaire Events Ltd

Better with dance music in which respect?

Anyone can produce a list of promos from the MOS.

What we were talking about is tunes for mobile discos, not clubs or bars.

Tunes with longevity, not instantly forgettable rehashed rubbish.

Have a disco
10-10-2006, 11:22 PM
I do like my rock everynow and then and reggae but not X factor drivel where are most of the winners out of the business same with most of these reality show programmes No talent no longevity No one will remember them in 5 years

Thames Valley Discos
10-10-2006, 11:23 PM
I do like my rock everynow and then and reggae but not X factor drivel where are most of the winners out of the business same with most of these reality show programmes No talent no longevity No one will remember them in 5 years
What the f*** are you on about now!!!

Have a disco
10-10-2006, 11:23 PM
Better with dance music in which respect?

Anyone can produce a list of promos from the MOS.

What we were talking about is tunes for mobile discos, not clubs or bars.

Tunes with longevity, not instantly forgettable rehashed rubbish.

The beatles were rehashing stuff it has never stopped and never will

Corabar Steve
10-10-2006, 11:24 PM
& this is relevant to this thread because?????????

Solitaire Events Ltd
10-10-2006, 11:24 PM
[QUOTE=Solitaire Entertainments Ltd]

QUOTE]
DARREN, i could name the thread " best tv show", and Wabbit would still get it to the point of upfront Dance music! :teeth:

LMAO! :teeth:

But was that the point of the thread?

Corabar Steve
10-10-2006, 11:25 PM
The beatles were rehashing stuff it has never stopped and never willNow you are truly talking Schumakers

Have a disco
10-10-2006, 11:25 PM
this one being the latest

Belle Lawrence - I bet you look good on the dancefloor

how old is the original less than a year

Thames Valley Discos
10-10-2006, 11:26 PM
Badger, right, how about this... you start a new thread , and title it.... umm... LETS TALK NONSENSE TONIGHT

Solitaire Events Ltd
10-10-2006, 11:26 PM
The beatles were rehashing stuff it has never stopped and never will

Like what?

Corabar Steve
10-10-2006, 11:27 PM
this one being the latest

Belle Lawrence - I bet you look good on the dancefloor

how old is the original less than a year
EH????

Sugababes did a better version anyway

Have a disco
10-10-2006, 11:31 PM
[QUOTE=Thames Valley Discos][QUOTE=Solitaire Entertainments Ltd]

QUOTE]

I would like to know exactly as well as there are may types of functions 18 year olds are very unlikely to want to here rock n roll all night visa versa 50 yr olds will not want to hear shakira or what they term as Bang bang music or even Indie music and I have had great nights with older and younger nights with all genres of music

Thames Valley Discos
10-10-2006, 11:34 PM
how many new must have rock n roll tunes are there?

i give up badger, go to bed

Have a disco
10-10-2006, 11:34 PM
Badger, right, how about this... you start a new thread , and title it.... umm... LETS TALK NONSENSE TONIGHT

before the beatles were famous they were touring germany singing rock n roll known fact and if time permitted they were allowed to sing there own tunes

Have a disco
10-10-2006, 11:36 PM
how many new must have rock n roll tunes are there?

exactly unless your about to add david hasselhof to you list of must have mobile disco tracks LOL

Thames Valley Discos
10-10-2006, 11:36 PM
interesting fact, now go to bed

Corabar Steve
10-10-2006, 11:37 PM
before the beatles were famous they were touring germany singing rock n roll known fact and if time permitted they were allowed to sing there own tunes
I know I've said this before but, & this is relevant to this thread because????

Thames Valley Discos
exactly unless your about to add david hasselhof to you list of must have mobile disco tracks LOL
yep, you are not in touch with the rest of us, that is fact

Solitaire Events Ltd

I bet that would have more success than the list you posted Badger, and that's saying something!!!!!! :teeth:

Corabar Entertainment
10-10-2006, 11:41 PM
Badger, if you recall, Paul tried to start a similar thread before this one, but you misinterpreted what he had put in his original post and started filling it up with 'upfront dance tunes'. Everyone tried to clarify what Paul had originally meant, but you continued to post 'upfront dance tunes' because you insisted that Paul had not made it clear what he wanted in that original thread. So, everyone gave up trying to get that thread back on track and suggested that you continue to post on that thread your 'upfront dance tunes' and Paul would start a new thread for the 'New Must Haves for Mobiles'..... which he did. Result: this thread..... and you have continued all the way through this thread posting up your 'upfront dance tunes', despite everyone trying to explain to you that this thread is not for that until they are blue in the face (Deja vu, anyone!) ..... and have you continued the other thread that everyone else abandoned because it had turned into Badger's 'upfront dance tunes'? Answer: No

Is it any wonder that people get exasperated??????

Have a disco
10-10-2006, 11:51 PM
Sorry I did not do it purposely but most disco music does originate from the club world originally R & B Hip hop Soul Trance Techno House Disco Europop all major contributors

when we even had the madchester sessions of indie dance music on the dance scene it was around for a while in the 90's. now there are barely 10 tracks that work left at most discos people have a short attention span

I do believe that predicting a song to last the test of time almost impossible much like me posting a list of future dance hits filtering down and becoming a must have dance tune for a mobile its pure futility

Corabar Entertainment
10-10-2006, 11:53 PM
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggghhh hhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I GIVE UP!

You are the ONLY person who seems to have a problem in understanding what this thread was about, but I just haven't got the energy to keep trying!!!!!!!!!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Corabar Steve
10-10-2006, 11:57 PM
Badger, please go and play on your own thread.

Incase you've forgotten IT'S HERE (http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=3149)

Have a disco
10-10-2006, 11:59 PM
I completely comprehend the question at hand angela and post 153 says all its futile to predict something to last the test of time ask me in 3 years time if I still play scissor sisters - I dont feel like dancing

Corabar Entertainment
11-10-2006, 12:02 AM
I completely comprehend the question at hand angela and post 153 says all its futile to predict something to last the test of time ask me in 3 years time if I still play scissor sisters - I dont feel like dancing
...and with that post, you have just proved that you don't

Thames Valley Discos
11-10-2006, 06:55 AM
BADGER, thanks for Ruining Thread Number 2.

BeerFunk
11-10-2006, 08:50 AM
Wow, this has all gone a bit Pete Tong!

I think you'll find waaay back in this thread I posted a comment as to how this thread was never gonna work - due to there being only a handful of 'essential' tunes a mobile DJ needs each year.

But I'm not gonna say 'I told you so!' :p

Thames Valley Discos
11-10-2006, 05:29 PM
only a handful of 'essential' tunes
are you kidding me?
so you think over a year, you will only ever be asked for five tunes that have been released in that year?
i,m sure there will be more

axeman
08-11-2006, 08:35 PM
at this point i think i'll chip in, some songs that always work for me, i use a few songs (sometimes in a different order) as an intro to the second half

party boys - build me up buttercup
billy ocean - love really hurts
van morrison - brown eyed girl
drifters - saturday night at the movies (pitched up a bit)

then into a bit motown or girly stuff candi statton, dianna ross, etc

Danno13
08-11-2006, 09:06 PM
Read the first post! :bang:

Thames Valley Discos
08-11-2006, 09:07 PM
:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

? :D :D

Please add as and when you hear a good NEW tune you feel would go down well at a mobile disco event

Have a disco
09-11-2006, 12:27 AM
so you lot want headbanging music

HMMMM

Motorhead - Ace of spades

Iron Maiden - Run for the hillsd

Corabar Steve
09-11-2006, 08:58 AM
Oh, my sides are splitting

axeman
11-11-2006, 02:33 PM
good to see paul and danno almost have a sense of humour, lol.

also this week i heard "Bootyluv - Boogie 2 Nite (Seamus Haji Edit)" its a great new version and is my top tip...lol

Corabar Steve
11-11-2006, 04:15 PM
I think Bootyluv - Boogie 2nite (R&B mix) will be worth having in the near future (much better than the original mix)

also this week i heard "Bootyluv - Boogie 2 Nite (Seamus Haji Edit)" its a great new version and is my top tip...lol

Where ya been? Keep up man! :D :D

Danno13
12-11-2006, 02:05 AM
I'm not convinced by Bootyluv... the original Seamus haji mix of Tweet, from 2002 (it was one of the extra tracks on her follow up single) is much better and close enough to the new version to still be recognised.

DJK Liverpool
13-11-2006, 12:43 PM
When I used to do pubs a lot, I played mainly new music as it is a real change from what I would play when doing a function,

. this is what i'm planning on doing

obviously if people ask me for something i'll play it but i'd like to get away from playing what everybody else is playing i:e chart stuff and old hits

there's a few good student type pubs in liverpool that i want to get a few gigs in & i can't see chart stuff & r&b going down too well there

then the flip side is weddings & **** it'll be cheese all the way

i wouldnt worry about it too much, my opinion is once people have had a few bevvies down them they'll dance to any old crap

axeman
13-11-2006, 07:03 PM
This is exactly what i do, pub nights thursday and sunday...playing whatever i like and a lot of requests, it gives me a chance to try out new songs or old songs i dont ussually play !! ive put some videos of the place on you tube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzYMvKT1dU8) (quality isnt too good,)
its a lot of laffs - i really look forward to sunday nights.

Corabar Steve
13-11-2006, 07:35 PM
We're a little :offtopic: aren't we?

axeman
13-11-2006, 09:41 PM
sorry - that's my fault, anyhoo last night i tried that 14th precinct track the all out of love remake, and it went down really well older peeps singing along and the younger ones obviously coz its brand new and dancey, ill deffo play it more!!

Corabar Steve
13-11-2006, 09:52 PM
Which All out of love?

Danno13
13-11-2006, 09:56 PM
The one by Air Supply.

The new version also uses the Cagney and Lacey theme tune, i think its way too cheesy personally, but still worth having.

axeman
13-11-2006, 10:01 PM
cheese is the future !

Corabar Steve
13-11-2006, 10:50 PM
The one by Air Supply.

I was hoping that wasn't the case

DiscoPete
19-11-2006, 08:42 AM
Tune to try which I always finds goes down quite well is off the 'Rudebox' album... track 13 'Kiss Me' which is a new remake of the Tin-Tin duffy tune... Top Banana... Well Done the Robster!!!

Corabar Steve
19-11-2006, 09:27 AM
Tune to try which I always finds goes down quite well is off the 'Rudebox' album... track 13 'Kiss Me' which is a new remake of the Tin-Tin duffy tune... Top Banana... Well Done the Robster!!!

Don't you think that's a bit of an obscure cover for him to have chosen?

Until you stop & think who his new writing partner is :D

axeman
25-11-2006, 01:56 PM
today i heard, Girls aloud - " I think we're alone now" its not a bad version & its obviously gonna be massive, prob just in time for xmas.

soundtracker
25-11-2006, 02:30 PM
I was looking forward to this, but its a real disappointment! Think I'll stick to the Tiffany version.

A1DL
25-11-2006, 02:34 PM
I was looking forward to this, but its a real disappointment! Think I'll stick to the Tiffany version.

or the Pascal ft. Karen Parry version on AATW for those more banging moments :cool:

Danno13
25-11-2006, 02:51 PM
I think the Pascal version is even worse... think i'll stick to the original as well.

Corabar Entertainment
25-11-2006, 02:54 PM
I've got some niggling feeling at the back of my mind that Tiffany's wan't the original.... but I could be wrong

axeman
25-11-2006, 02:58 PM
tommy james and the shondelles did it in the 60s

Corabar Entertainment
25-11-2006, 02:58 PM
Thank you! :D

Discodaz
25-11-2006, 04:46 PM

I was being 'Ironic'

Thames Valley Discos
07-12-2006, 07:22 PM
Eric Prydz vs Floyd Proper Education

Pazz
07-12-2006, 10:08 PM
Tiffany Think We're Alone Now is a clasic song. I cannot believe all these covers people are getting away with. Why can't they stick to making new material. Im sure I will be playing the Girls Aloud version in kids parties but I strongly will stick to the original for all other parties!!

HAS ANYONE HEARD ABOUT GIRLS ALOUD AND SUGABAES TEAMING UP FOR NEXT YEAR'S COMIC RELIEF SONG. THEY SAY THAT'S GOING TO BE A COVER BUT IT'S TOP SECRET FOR NOW APPARENTLY. WHY NOT NEW MATERIAL???

soundtracker
07-12-2006, 10:16 PM
But Tiffany IS a cover!!! Warped logic my friend!

Pazz
07-12-2006, 10:20 PM
My god. I didn't know that! Warped logic - I'll have to have a listen - I never heard it played.

Corabar Steve
07-12-2006, 11:04 PM
I've got some niggling feeling at the back of my mind that Tiffany's wan't the original.... but I could be wrong

tommy james and the shondelles did it in the 60s

But Tiffany IS a cover!!! Warped logic my friend!

My god. I didn't know that! Warped logic - I'll have to have a listen - I never heard it played.
I think you may have taken Pete's comment the wrong way, Warped logic is not a band (would be a good name for one though)

soundtracker
08-12-2006, 07:16 AM
I think you may have taken Pete's comment the wrong way, Warped logic is not a band (would be a good name for one though)

Ha!!!!! Love it!!:D :D :D :D

Pazz
08-12-2006, 01:22 PM
I've checked my playlist and it's come up - Tommy James and the Shondells. Surely this must be the original - didn't someone mention them earlier on in this thread!

I still prefer Tiffany's version though!

axeman
08-12-2006, 04:12 PM
yeah i said that..ages ago ..lol

BeerFunk
08-12-2006, 05:04 PM
I was being 'Ironic'
I know, but it just so happened that I was listening to them at the time. I'm not so sure why I posted that, looking back, as I'm equally not so sure why I'm posting this! :confused: :D

Corabar Steve
16-01-2007, 01:33 PM
Mika - Grace Kelly :D:d:D:d:D :P

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-01-2007, 01:37 PM

Great tune, although I'm not sure it's really dancey enough. Having said that there is a Bimbo Jones remix which is more upbeat.

DMX Will
16-01-2007, 02:53 PM
Great tune, although I'm not sure it's really dancey enough. Having said that there is a Bimbo Jones remix which is more upbeat.

:agree: I'll have to have a listen to the "Bimbo" mix ;)

BeerFunk
16-01-2007, 03:07 PM
Just heard it, and what a tune! OK, it's sooo 'Queen' it's unreal, but who cares? :D

I'm a bit miffed as to why you don't think it's 'dancey'!? As mentioned before, to draw a parallel - it's just as dancey as Queen - Don't Stop Me Now :thumbs_up:

Corabar Steve
16-01-2007, 03:32 PM
I don't think that, or the Pull tiger tail mix work particularly well. Nowt wrong with the original mix.

Is there an upfront dance remix? :d http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/scorchio/sgrin.gif :d

Danno13
16-01-2007, 03:36 PM
The problem with MIKA is it slows down too much in places, i think thats where Darren was coming from with not being dancey. Apart from the beggining and end "don't stop me" now is very danceable all the way through, and a higher BPM too.

Will have to go look for the Bimbo Jones Mix now...

How about Just Jack - Starz in their eyes.. another track crying out for a good house mix.. but definitley a "must have"

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-01-2007, 03:39 PM
Just heard it, and what a tune! OK, it's sooo 'Queen' it's unreal, but who cares? :D

I'm a bit miffed as to why you don't think it's 'dancey'!? As mentioned before, to draw a parallel - it's just as dancey as Queen - Don't Stop Me Now :thumbs_up:

Don't be miffed 'cos I don't think it's dancey!

Give it a try - tht's the proof of the pudding.

It's certainly catchy enough, but I just feel it's a little slow in places.

The problem with MIKA is it slows down too much in places, i think thats where Darren was coming from with not being dancey.

Didn't read your post before I posted mine...:o

Corabar Steve
16-01-2007, 03:47 PM
Will have to go look for the Bimbo Jones Mix now...
Both the mixes I mentioned are on iTunes.

Danno13
16-01-2007, 04:12 PM
Cool..cheers Steve, was looking on Napster and not having any success.

LastMinuteDJs.net
16-01-2007, 05:56 PM
HAS ANYONE HEARD ABOUT GIRLS ALOUD AND SUGABAES TEAMING UP FOR NEXT YEAR'S COMIC RELIEF SONG. THEY SAY THAT'S GOING TO BE A COVER BUT IT'S TOP SECRET FOR NOW APPARENTLY. WHY NOT NEW MATERIAL???

Heard it's going to be a cover of Run DMC and Aerosmith's - Walk This Way...

Danno13
16-01-2007, 05:58 PM

:bang: :bang: :bang: I can hear the sound of pieces of broken CD hitting the wall already... :D

Were you being serious by the way.. the sugababes.. or girls aloud... rapping!?!??!?! :eek:

LastMinuteDJs.net
16-01-2007, 06:03 PM
Was being totally serious. Read it in the paper the other day...

Corabar Steve
16-01-2007, 06:44 PM
:bang: :bang: :bang: I can hear the sound of pieces of broken CD hitting the wall already... :D

Were you being serious by the way.. the sugababes.. or girls aloud... rapping!?!??!?! :eek:

Could just be a cover of Aerosmith's original (No rap, it was just them without Run DMC)version (or Hayseed Dixie's :D :d :D )

LastMinuteDJs.net
16-01-2007, 07:01 PM
That would be better... JUST...

But the article I read, did specify Aerosmith and RUN DMC and mentioned the girls rapping....

LastMinuteDJs.net
14-02-2007, 01:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhO0ElTB5FM

Danno13
14-02-2007, 01:36 PM
Well that was bleedin' dreadful, wasn't it! Has anyone heard the Peter Kay and Matt Lucas version of 500 miles yet?? Also a comic relief single...

Dragonfly
14-02-2007, 02:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhO0ElTB5FM

omg im a red blooded male but i actually fancy steven tyler more ....... i thought i think we're alone now was bad thats horrendous!!!!!

i hate myself and i want to die!!!!! wheres the toaster.

Corabar Entertainment
14-02-2007, 02:59 PM
How can two of the better pop bands from recent years get it Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo wrong!?!? :eek:

PS - I fancied Steven Tyler more as well..... ugly as hell, but completely sexy! :eek: :eek:

Dragonfly
14-02-2007, 03:06 PM
How can two of the better pop bands from recent years get it Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo wrong!?!? :eek:

STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVE !!!!!!!!

Its medication time.

Corabar Entertainment
14-02-2007, 03:07 PM
What has Steve got to do with it?

Solitaire Events Ltd
14-02-2007, 04:11 PM
ugly as hell, but completely sexy! :eek: :eek:

Is that why you're with Steve?:D :D :D

BeerFunk
14-02-2007, 04:34 PM
It does seem that with every stab at a cover, they get gradually worse, like they don't give a hoot anymore. And why should they, it's gonna sell regardless?

Corabar Entertainment
14-02-2007, 04:43 PM
Is that why you're with Steve?:D :D :DI'm sure Steve will be ecstatic to know that you think he's sexy, Darren ;) :kiss:

Corabar Steve
14-02-2007, 05:07 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

PropellerHeadCase
28-02-2007, 08:04 AM
Bob Sinclar 'Rock This Party (Everybody Dance Now)'

Atlantic_Sound_Disco
28-02-2007, 10:37 AM
The Birdie Song - Because you just love to watch there faces when it comes on.

Ive got a Brand new combine harvester - the worzels - Because it makes everyone do silly things and gets granny up.

Inner circle - Sweat allalalala long - simply because it reminds so many 30 somethings of that hazy summer of 93.

It never fails.

Tim.

Corabar Steve
28-02-2007, 10:57 AM
This thread is actually about new songs guys, not ones you should already have.

I think The Dub Pistols & Terry Hall - Rapture (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPT1GsuUyqQ) May be worth having.

Dragonfly
04-03-2007, 12:40 PM
i tried candyman - christina aguilera last night went down a storm .... crossed the generation gap really well ...

the youngsters loved it because it was chriistina aguelera and the oldies loved it because its sooooooooooooooooo retro its untrue .

PropellerHeadCase
04-03-2007, 05:59 PM

Shades of Mel B doing Cameo. :bang:

Dragonfly
04-03-2007, 06:03 PM
its awful really really really really really really really really really really really really bad !!!!!!.....

the worst bit was giving the posh bird the line "I took a big chance at the high school dance"

which is now " I took a big chaaaaarrnce at the high school daaaarrrrrnnce "

it nearly made me physically sick.

PropellerHeadCase
04-03-2007, 08:09 PM
Give me the Andy Pickles remix of the original Run DMC/Aerosmith version any day.

Corabar Steve
05-03-2007, 08:08 AM
Hayseed Dixie or the original AEROSMITH version (Run DMC wern't around when it was originally recorded (1977)) for me
:offtopic:

Shakermaker Promotions
05-03-2007, 08:55 AM
Some guy asked me for something 'ravey' at one of my residencies on saturday. I chucked on the new Enter Shikari single 'Anything can happen in the next 5 minutes' - You should have seen his face when it started, he was grinning and ready to freak out when all of a sudden the guitars kicked in and he walked off in a huff - Ha Ha classic!

BeerFunk
20-08-2007, 12:46 AM
I think I'm going to have to insist on 'Mika - Big Girls', and 'Love Today' as I don't think anyone has mentioned it!

The guy can do now wrong, it would seem, a pop sensation! :thumbs_up: :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
20-08-2007, 12:48 AM
I think I'm going to have to insist on 'Mika - Big Girls', and 'Love Today' as I don't think anyone has mentioned it!

The guy can do now wrong, it would seem, a pop sensation! :thumbs_up: :D

Never played either.

I have the album mind you.

BeerFunk
20-08-2007, 12:53 AM
Never played either.

I have the album mind you.
:eek: Seriously?! :eek:

That is odd, the guy is a bit of a legend with the ladies around my parts, they absolutely love him! Is it a regional thing? :confused:

Corabar Steve
20-08-2007, 12:54 AM
Big girls doesn't seem to go down as well.

Love today on the other hand.

Solitaire Events Ltd
20-08-2007, 01:13 AM
:eek: Seriously?! :eek:

That is odd, the guy is a bit of a legend with the ladies around my parts, they absolutely love him! Is it a regional thing? :confused:

Possibly.

Having said that, Grace Kelly didn't go down that well.

I suppose it depends on your audience to a certain degree.

Corabar Steve
20-08-2007, 01:14 AM
Now I've always had a good reaction with that one.

Solitaire Events Ltd
20-08-2007, 01:45 AM
Now I've always had a good reaction with that one.

Anyway, back on topic.:)

Corabar Steve
20-08-2007, 09:25 AM
I thought I was on topic, it's a recent tune that I would say is a must have.

Can't think of anything more recent though

colinm345
22-08-2007, 12:19 AM
How about Dont Mess With My Man by Bootie Luv:)

Corabar Steve
22-08-2007, 12:27 AM
Yep!

BeerFunk
22-08-2007, 12:53 AM
Where did that come from then? Is it out yet? :confused:

I'm assuming it's a cover of the Lucy Pearl track? (which already has house remixes, so they're not doing anything new here - shock horror)

Corabar Steve
22-08-2007, 01:18 AM
Don't think it's actually out yet, but it should be on the list for sure.

BeerFunk
22-08-2007, 01:31 AM
It would also explain why the Mood II Swing mix of the Lucy Pearl version is on the recently released '101 Club Anthems' compilation - they obviously knew it was coming!

PropellerHeadCase
22-08-2007, 02:21 AM
Just curious how many people realised that Bootyluv's 'Boogie 2night' was basically a remix, and an extremely good one at that, of a Tweet song?

BeerFunk
22-08-2007, 02:40 AM
Just curious how many people realised that Bootyluv's 'Boogie 2night' was basically a remix, and an extremely good one at that, of a Tweet song?
Probably 0-5%. To be honest, most pop music is served like dog food - usually the dog will eat it no matter what.

PropellerHeadCase
22-08-2007, 03:05 AM
Well, if that were true it wouldn't matter what you played at a disco everyone's tail would be wagging, regardless ;)

Impactdisco
22-08-2007, 07:00 AM
I personally felt that Tweet's version was far better

Corabar Steve
22-08-2007, 08:10 AM
Just curious how many people realised that Bootyluv's 'Boogie 2night' was basically a remix, and an extremely good one at that, of a Tweet song?With new vocals from the Big Brovaz girls

colinm345
22-08-2007, 09:16 AM
Don't think it's actually out yet, but it should be on the list for sure.

Spot on Steve:)
Its a promo I got from The Ministry Of Sound:)

Corabar Steve
22-08-2007, 09:17 AM
Thought so somehow.

PropellerHeadCase
22-08-2007, 09:41 PM
I personally felt that Tweet's version was far better

Really? It seemed strange to have a song about boogying at such a low BPM, to me. I like her vocal, but I like the Bootyluv tempo.

Danno13
22-08-2007, 09:47 PM
I presume he means the Seamus Haji Mix of Tweet.. which was around a couple of years ago, and far superior to the Bootyluv version.

Their second single "Shine" was also another remix of a remix, as the original track was remixed by the Freemasons just a few months before, and kept the original vocal.