PDA

View Full Version : LED uplighting - static or chase?

DJ Tony McQue
05-08-2010, 08:41 AM
A question for those of you that use uplighting behind you: do you leave the colour static all night or do you DMX the lights and have them changing colour?

I usually have my lights set to a coulour of the clients choosing however, I am just wondering if anyone goes with the second option.

Cheers

Tony

pwes
05-08-2010, 08:57 AM
If it's just behind me, then noramlly static to match the B&G colour scheme.

If it's a full or part uplighting job, then B&G choose to either have static or changeable

robbiedj
05-08-2010, 08:58 AM
Depends on the customer.

Obviously I use green (sometimes green/yellow) for irish themes, maybe red for Halloween, but weddings/parties are different.

One wedding had a theme of purple and green (I know, wierd! :D ) and wanted both. I just programmed a slow fade for her, which she loved.

Shakermaker Promotions
09-08-2010, 02:16 PM
If I have them behind me then I will usually just link 2 or 4 togeather and have them change colour throughout the evening.

If it is an Uplighting job for the customer then I offer 2 options. Static or Changing. Static is cheaper as it takes less time to set up (well, make look tidy).

simonp
09-08-2010, 05:58 PM
If I'm in a marquee I'll set the mega-bars up behind me (master\slaved) and I normally leave them on a static colour to tie in with the brides colour scheme. However, last Saturday the Brides 'colour scheme' was simply 'Rainbow'. It was a really colourful wedding. I left the mega-bars on a slow chase program where the colours gradually changed. This was left on through the Wedding breakfast into the evening whilst the background music was playing. I really, really thought that this worked brilliantly, especially as the natural light faded. behind the console area looked lovely TBH.

When i came to start the Disco proper I switched the program on the mega-bars to sound to light.