PDA

View Full Version : Gbbo

DJWilson
05-08-2010, 07:27 PM
Anybody used it yet? If so what you think?

http://www.gbbo.co.uk/

Danno13
05-08-2010, 07:38 PM
Hmmm.. looks a reasonable enough offer, however the cynic in me wonders why they aren't mentioned anywhere on Business Link's (who they list as a partner) website - http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/layer?r.s=m&r.l1=1073861197&r.lc=en&r.l3=1075387158&r.l2=1074448623&topicId=1074448623

Mind you, if it's free it's always worth a punt, unless you have to commit to pay for the hosting/domain afterwards?

simon1969
05-08-2010, 07:45 PM
Looks o.k to me says you have to pay couple of pounds after 2 years to renew domain name doesn't say what happens after that....

CRAZY K
05-08-2010, 08:51 PM
Anybody used it yet? If so what you think?

http://www.gbbo.co.uk/

I guess the site might be a bit mickey Mouse Looking and not good enough for a Professional Disco---but I suppose for non commercial areas where a credible website is not necessary and its just a contact point it sounds reasonable ( so far)

May have a use for this later, mind you I could probably knock something simple up on Front page just as quickly and easily, just pay for domain and hosting.

Have tried some free templates on the net but not liked them much.

Charlie Brown
06-08-2010, 02:49 AM
www.vvweb.co.uk is your answer. ;)

Tom Lovick
08-08-2010, 09:28 PM
Yep, I have used it for my website. V. good service!

Take a look at my website www.horizon-events.co.uk if you want to see what you can make with it.

Corabar Entertainment
08-08-2010, 10:40 PM
Hi there: once again, can we point you in the direction of this thread:- http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/showthread.php?t=11711 (please read it!), and the 'Newbies' forum.... it's always polite to introduce yourself to everyone ;)

Also, 2 posts on the forum.... both pushing your website.... if you're only here because you want to advertise your service to members by devious means, you'll not be very successful. I apologise if that isn't the case, but the way you have 'used' the forum so far doesn't exactly instil confidence.

...also you're saying you've used the service mentioned in this thread, but your site says 'Powered by Google Sites' :confused: :confused: :confused: Are you saying / do you believe they are one and the same? :confused:

Jiggles
08-08-2010, 10:46 PM
Angela it says on the site: "Because we're working with Google & BT" Might explain it.

:p.

Corabar Entertainment
08-08-2010, 10:48 PM
But 'working with google' doesn't mean it's the same thing as Google Sites, does it?

:moon:

Cowlinn
08-08-2010, 10:57 PM
But 'working with google' doesn't mean it's the same thing as Google Sites, does it?

:moon:

The website gbbo.com is powered by Google sites, i've used it for various little ventures.

Booche
08-08-2010, 10:59 PM
Angela YES gbbo uses google, ive just started a mates landscape gardening one and thats exactly the same on his site, you have to open/use a google account etc

Cheers Dave :)

EDIT: posted same time as Cowlin

Cowlinn
08-08-2010, 11:05 PM
Angela YES gbbo uses google, ive just started a mates landscape gardening one and thats exactly the same on his site, you have to open/use a google account etc

EDIT: posted same time as Cowlin

It's actually quite a nice little site, providing you're not after a all singing, all dancing jobby.

It does the the job, and if your on a small budget, its fantastic, i think anyway!

Booche
08-08-2010, 11:09 PM
Yeah like mentioned its not a bad little thingfor ie: start up business's,small companys etc etc

I just haven't got round to fully using the site yet to customise everything lol

Corabar Entertainment
08-08-2010, 11:14 PM
Ta for the clarification chaps! :thumbsup:

Booche
08-08-2010, 11:26 PM
Ta for the clarification chaps! :thumbsup:

Your VERY VERY welcome :P :sofa:

Maybe i will get a rest from the sarcasm now :P

Corabar Entertainment
08-08-2010, 11:54 PM
Maybe i will get a rest from the sarcasm now :P:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: Pardon??? You've lost me.
You're VERY VERY welcome :P :sofa::whistle:

Booche
08-08-2010, 11:58 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: Pardon??? You've lost me.:whistle:

:p :p :p Not saying a word about loseing you lol :coat:

Ok i meant "You Have" lol

Corabar Entertainment
09-08-2010, 01:49 AM
I know I'm not quite with it today.... but I haven't got the foggiest idea what you're going on about Dave :daft:

Alex
09-08-2010, 07:13 AM
There is a little thing that most people are unaware of though........

When you register the domain, it's registered via the BT site. BT control all of the mechanics of the nameservers, IPS tags...etc...

If you read their terms and conditions, you are not allowed to transfer the domain until at least 60 days, at which point you have to put the request in writing.... you can't actually access any settings yourself.

So it's great if you want to get a free domain name...... not so great if you want to transfer it out though... it's hardwork! LOL

Marc J
09-08-2010, 07:53 AM
If you read their terms and conditions, you are not allowed to transfer the domain until at least 60 days

This is standard on new domains (anywhere), they can't be transferred within 60 days of registration. The "in writing" part would be a pain, though....

Tom Lovick
20-08-2010, 10:58 AM
Hi Angela,

Sorry I did not mean to plug my website, I was just posting it as I have used the GBBO site to make my website with and just posting it so that people can see what they can make with it (i.e. personalising the whole site, colours, pictures, text, etc)

Also GBBO is 'run' by Google and uses google sites to power/host the website.

hope this clears some stuff up!

Corabar Entertainment
20-08-2010, 11:43 AM
Hi Angela,

Sorry I did not mean to plug my website, I was just posting it as I have used the GBBO site to make my website with and just posting it so that people can see what they can make with it (i.e. personalising the whole site, colours, pictures, text, etc)Great - glad you're not just here to spam, but....
Hi there: once again, can we point you in the direction of this thread:- http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/showthread.php?t=11711 (please read it!), and the 'Newbies' forum.... it's always polite to introduce yourself to everyone ;)