PDA

View Full Version : Vinyl banner

Shaun
20-07-2006, 11:58 AM
I just contacted Laura at minibanners.co.uk yesterday afternoon to order a custom vinyl banner. I got an email this morning to say that it was ready and would be posted today.

Now that's what I call a fast service. :beer:

Here's a sample of the artwork. It's to go on the front of my flight/rackcase.

Paul James Promotions
20-07-2006, 12:00 PM
Nice one :D

Out of interest, how much did it cost?

Shaun
20-07-2006, 12:03 PM
It cost £34 + delivery.

I wanted a size that wasn't provided via their website and they were very helpful. Great service, great prices. I supplied the artwork myself.

BeerFunk
20-07-2006, 12:16 PM
I got this one for around the same price - highly recommended! :thumbs_up

Corabar Entertainment
20-07-2006, 12:57 PM
:sad: :sad: It must just be me that they don't like then.

I want several banners and ordered one for starters off the website & supplied my own artwork. I sent a note with the order that, due to the small size of the mock-up on the website, I couldn't place the artwork accurately. I explained what I wanted and said that I was placing the order on the understanding that I would receive a proof before the order was fulfilled. Also, they have offered a 10% discount to members of this forum and in an email before I placed the order from Graeme Laws this was confirmed. He asked that I do the order online and he would sort that out. I reminded them of this in my order 'note'. I also asked a couple of other things

In addition to the note in the order, I also emailled Graeme Laws letting him know what I had done.

Following placing the order, I did get an email from Laura - but only asking me when I wanted it delivered. I said that I didn't mind, but again mentioned about the proof and sent her a copy of the email I had sent to Graeme.

I never received a reply to my questions & never received a proof. The next thing I know, the banner arrived, and the artwork is incorrectly placed (things like the banner not being evenly spaced from the edges). It is still usable - but it is not exactly what I wanted, and little things like that 'bug' me.

I again emailed both Graeme and Laura and told them about the problems and reminded them that I wanted several of these banners, but before I ordered them, I wanted to resolve the problems ......... that was on 20 June and I have not received a reply. :sad: :sad: :sad:

Oh - and I didn't get my 10% discount either.

Shaun
20-07-2006, 01:16 PM
Angela...I'll PM you a direct number to get through to Laura. Hopefully you can discuss your issues and get them resolved.

I wish I knew about the 10% discount prior to ordering.

Shaun
21-07-2006, 09:15 AM
Well....the banner arrived special delivery this morning. It looks fantastic.

Ang, Did you get things resolved?.

Corabar Entertainment
21-07-2006, 09:47 AM
Haven't had time to call them yet, but thanks for the number. I'll let you know what they say when I do. :teeth:

BeerFunk
21-07-2006, 11:13 AM
Sorry to hear that Angela. It was Graeme I dealt with, and it was a very professional service I received. Maybe they are taking on too much work, and can't cope with the demand? Still doesn't explain why an email can't be answered though :(

NeilP
01-08-2006, 06:22 PM
Tried to use minibanners over the last couple of days. Sent them the artwork direct as it was a size not on their website. GOt an e-mail from Laura saying they couldn't take artwork direct, just on their website.

Did that, followed it through to checkout and it failed, twice. Tried phoning on their 0800 number at 4.50pm tonight, went through to their fax machine!!

NOT impressed - especially as i need it for the weekend. :mad:

Eventually went with a company call www.anybanner.co.uk and a guy called Dean (0845 4660473) and he was very helpfull. Originally a bit more expensive, but when i mentioned minibanners price, he matched it. :teeth:

I'll let you know what it looks like when i get it.

Shaun
01-08-2006, 07:01 PM
Tried to use minibanners over the last couple of days. Sent them the artwork direct as it was a size not on their website. GOt an e-mail from Laura saying they couldn't take artwork direct, just on their website.

Strange that they wouldn't accept your artywork direct. I had the very same problem with their website, I needed a size that wasn't listed on their site. However, they DID accept my artwork via email though for the custom sized banner I required. I ordered the banner late afternoon and was contacted about 10am the next morning to say it was ready. It was delivered the day after.

Sorry to hear you've had less than favourable dealings with the company Neil.

NeilP
01-08-2006, 08:24 PM
Not to worry Elite it wasn't your fault!!

lightspeed
01-08-2006, 09:23 PM
It's a shame some of you have had problems with them. I ordered my PVC banner for the front of my deckstand through their online ordering system. It came out fantastic and the service was brilliant. Would recommend them myself. I suppose it depends on your circumsrtance though.

Candybeatdiscos
19-08-2006, 08:30 PM
now there website is down :(

BeerFunk
19-08-2006, 08:46 PM
Oh dear, it seems Minibannerman's last eBay activity was 26th April :(

I can't understand why he would give it up, it seemed like he had cracked a new market with mobile disco's and such. We need them just as much too, truly great banners! The next challenge is for someone to find an alternative company online?! :)

Shaun
19-08-2006, 08:51 PM
I was invoiced by mini-banners sister-company Macro Art. From my correspondance with them I got the impression that they'll be carrying on making the banners.

The contact name I was given is Claire Bundy (01767 677946).

DMX Will
19-08-2006, 11:24 PM
Looks good, liking the slogal "you bring the feet... we bring the beat...". I'm after either a removable vinyl sticker like thing, or a magnetic sign sort of thing for my car if anyone knows where to get it from.

Candybeatdiscos
20-08-2006, 12:22 AM
will best to go onto ebay - i never and paid 88 quid...then found people on ebay do the mag signs for only 40

DMX Will
20-08-2006, 12:47 PM
will best to go onto ebay - i never and paid 88 quid...then found people on ebay do the mag signs for only 40
ahh cheers :teeth:

jwpentgroup
26-08-2006, 01:10 AM
I have used minibanners in the past and have to add that they were nothing but fantastic!

Shame their website is no longer working :( Does anyone know if and when it will be back? :sad:

Corabar Steve
26-08-2006, 02:06 AM
I have used minibanners in the past and have to add that they were nothing but fantastic!

Shame their website is no longer working :( Does anyone know if and when it will be back? :sad:
Or alternatly any other suppliers? :teeth: :teeth:

NeilP
26-08-2006, 10:02 AM
I mentioned these guys earlier on this thread. Got the banner within a couple of days - fantastic! Well as fantastic as a piece of PVC with metal eyelets can be....

www.anybanner.co.uk

The banner would normally go on the front of the stand, but i though hoisting it up on the lighting rig would make people see it from all over the show.....it worked!

Corabar Entertainment
26-08-2006, 11:32 AM
The banner looks a good one Neil :) .... just a quick question though - are there only 3 eyelets? (corners and one in the middle)?

Solitaire Events Ltd
26-08-2006, 12:03 PM
Is that you in that picture Steve?:D

Shaun
26-08-2006, 12:31 PM

I was invoiced by mini-banners sister-company Macro Art. From my correspondance with them I got the impression that they'll be carrying on making the banners.

The contact name I was given is Claire Bundy (01767 677946).:) ....

Shaun
26-08-2006, 12:31 PM
I mentioned these guys earlier on this thread. Got the banner within a couple of days - fantastic! Well as fantastic as a piece of PVC with metal eyelets can be....

www.anybanner.co.uk

The banner would normally go on the front of the stand, but i though hoisting it up on the lighting rig would make people see it from all over the show.....it worked!

That banner looks awesome Neil :)

Are the prices reasonable?

DMX Will
26-08-2006, 02:34 PM
Nice banner Neil :)

Some good deals on banners/car solutions etc @ http://www.hfe-signs.co.uk/index.htm

NeilP
26-08-2006, 07:35 PM
Angela - Yes, an eyelet in each corner and one at each centre point of each side. The banner is only 4ft by 4ft (roughly) and as it is usually fixed to my stand, that's fine. If you needed more, i'm sure it wouldn't be a problem.

Elite - the prices were a bit more than minibanner, but when i mentioned the price i had been quoted, they matched it - so yes, very reasonable (£60 + VAT).

Shaun
27-08-2006, 01:42 AM
Some good deals on banners/car solutions etc @ http://www.hfe-signs.co.uk/index.htm

Thanks for the link Will.
Limited offer 4ft x 2ft full colour printed banner just £19.99. I think I'll try them out at that price :)

Shaun
27-08-2006, 01:43 AM
Elite - the prices were a bit more than minibanner, but when i mentioned the price i had been quoted, they matched it - so yes, very reasonable (£60 + VAT).

Thanks Neil :). Your banner done look very sweet I must say.

alexperrins
28-09-2006, 06:01 PM
Just wondering if you got your banner through Elite from HFE? (if you actualy went with them, or at all for that matter! :) ) Was thinking of getting one myself, but wasn't sure of their rep! Might have a look at anybanners judging by odyssey's. Looks really good! :teeth:

Candybeatdiscos
28-09-2006, 07:48 PM
well worth it at 19.99 if you have

alexperrins
29-09-2006, 08:07 AM
It would indeed! :)

dj-jaym
29-09-2006, 04:18 PM
How did you guys design your atwork for the HFE banners ?

Dragonfly
03-10-2006, 01:14 PM
just ordered 2x 6ft by 2ft printed vynal banners £80

groovy-nights
03-10-2006, 01:20 PM
who did you use for your banner.I a looking at getting some as doing loads of wedding faryes.

Solitaire Events Ltd
03-10-2006, 01:22 PM
just ordered 2x 6ft by 2ft printed vynal banners £80

Mmm..

I bought one from a company recommended on here which was half the size of those and cost me the same... :sad:

alexperrins
03-10-2006, 01:26 PM
I use Paint Shop Pro X for all my artwork. I'm an architectural techician by trade so I draw them up in AutoCAD, PDF them and import them into PSP. Would use photoshop but I'm more comfortable on PSP for some reason. Where did you buy yours from Darren? Any good?

Dragonfly
03-10-2006, 06:35 PM
ok rumbled mate owns the company trying to get him to do some rates for us djs for banners on reading this . will post some pics when i get mine on friday.

Solitaire Events Ltd
03-10-2006, 07:16 PM
Where did you buy yours from Darren? Any good?

I get mine from Anybanner and it was about £75 delivered I think.

It was exactly what I asked for, but there a few minor problems with emails and phone calls not being returned and artwork being later than expected.