PDA

View Full Version : Wedding fayre booking incentives

Spirits High
17-08-2010, 03:31 PM
When doing Wedding fayres does anyone offer incentives to book within a certain time scale and recieve some form of discount / incentive?

Reason I'm asking as following on from my "Alternate advertising" thread I'm thinking of having a draw so that all Weddings that are confirmed (contract signed, booking fee paid ;) before a certain date probably 8th of November) wins a pair of VIP tickets for the Chesterfield v Burton football match that I'm involved in sponsoring.

this coincides with the Autumn Wedding fayre season so takes in all bookings from Wedding fayres between Sept 4th and October 31st.

What are your thoughts on this incentive and what legalities do I need to adhere to?

Vectis
17-08-2010, 04:12 PM
What are your thoughts on this incentive and what legalities do I need to adhere to?

I think an incentive is a good idea; a prize draw an excellent idea; a prize draw for tickets to a football match? Hmmm.... not so sure :o

I'm pretty sure that from a legal standpoint you'll be good as you're not running a lottery as such (not charging for entry to the draw; no skill required to participate (other than choose the right DJ ;) )).

From a tax perspective, if you're thinking of offsetting the cost of the sponsorship then you might need to rethink how you'll treat the equivalent part which is being used for entertaining (not just the draw but any other entertaining that you do) as the rules differ and you can't offset the whole lot.

rob1963
17-08-2010, 04:26 PM
I think an incentive is a good idea; a prize draw an excellent idea; a prize draw for tickets to a football match? Hmmm.... not so sure :o

My thoughts exactly.

I'd have thought it would be better to offer something more appropriate, such as free uplighting worth £100 (or whatever you charge for it).

funkymook
17-08-2010, 04:38 PM
Howsabout some sort of upgrade/extra - uplighting for instance? (assuming you charge extra in the first place). Either as a draw or offered to everyone confirming by a certain date. You could have some uplighting venue pictures blown up for your stand, and even have your stand uplighted (if the ambient light is low enough to make it worthwhile).

You could offer a 4 (or 6 or 8 etc) uplighting package (normal cost £££) as the prize/incentive which you could then possibly increase to more uplighters with a small additional charge so still possible to make extra from it.

funkymook
17-08-2010, 04:39 PM
My thoughts exactly.

I'd have thought it would be better to offer something more appropriate, such as free uplighting worth £100 (or whatever you charge for it).

Snap!

Mark Wild
17-08-2010, 04:48 PM
No incentives, just a good solid close of the sale by asking for the business, never be afraid to ask for the business ;)

If you really do need a tool to help close the sale, then a good discount on a service you already offer "So if you book now I'll give you x amount reduction on xxx"

The football match incentive is probaby not the best choice prize for a wedding fayre (especially Chesterfield !!!lol)

ppentertainments
17-08-2010, 08:45 PM
Have tried with incentives and without at wedding fayres and even tried both at the same venue (different years)

Made absolutely no difference to the bookings. I actually found a lot of people put off by the 'selling' when offering incentives.

My main incentive was to offer a 'free' no obligation consultation, at a later date to discuss requirements in a quiter more private setting as opposed to a busy wedding fayre where you can't hear too well. This has worked really well for me.

Spirits High
17-08-2010, 10:18 PM
Thanks for all the replies.....I'll keep an open mind on it and let you know what happens ;)