PDA

View Full Version : Website spell checker?

yourdj
18-08-2010, 07:23 PM
Anyone know of such a tool thats free.

I have fiddled around with different parts of my site on and off and no doubt there are some mistakes :)

discomobiledj
18-08-2010, 08:23 PM
You can try www.sitereportcard.com

Dynamic Entertainment
18-08-2010, 09:49 PM
Erm...MMD proof readers...maybe if you ask nice.

Fr teh rekord my speelin is terrabl any way, so dont ask me! ;)

Corabar Entertainment
18-08-2010, 09:53 PM
Fr teh rekord my speelin is terrabl any way, so dont ask me! ;)Too right! Let's start with....
Erm...MMD proof readers...maybe if you ask nice.:lol:

yourdj
18-08-2010, 10:53 PM
You can try www.sitereportcard.com

CHEERS.

Load time is terrible :( how can I increase that?
I assume its down too my flash and the link with youtube on the front page?

Erm...MMD proof readers...maybe if you ask nice.

Brilliant. Actual humans - perfect :p PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE :)
ps: I know there is a spelling mistake on the top flash :eek:

I just know there are more as I am dyslexic and could not read till I was 8 :p

Front door: http://www.yourdj.co.uk/
Site map: http://www.yourdj.co.uk/sitemap.html

;)

rob1963
18-08-2010, 11:04 PM
Toby,

I've just had a look around your site, and couldn't find any obvious mistakes, but I'm happy to take a more thorough look tomorrow when I have more time, as I have nothing on apart from a client meeting in the evening.

:)

yourdj
18-08-2010, 11:11 PM
Toby,

I've just had a look around your site, and couldn't find any obvious mistakes, but I'm happy to take a more thorough look tomorrow when I have more time, as I have nothing on apart from a client meeting in the evening.

Brilliant! Feel free to spot any other things which stand out as detremental (if that makes sense) :confused:

Paul The Party Dj
19-08-2010, 06:08 AM
Venue page ...over the magnificient Beaulie Palace (missing a "u)" on the Montague Arms section. Do I win a prize?

thex-faders
19-08-2010, 10:48 AM
Get fire fox browser and install the english dictionary extensions and it automatically scans anything you type in boxes text boxes, article posts and spell checks for you.

Simples

Tom

rob1963
19-08-2010, 12:15 PM
Toby,

I've just had another look, and I have more niggles with the actual text rather than the spelling. For example, the following is from your Weddings page:

"Every wedding disco is different from the next and I always maintain attention to detail at all times and adapt to the venue & the wedding guests.

My wedding disco services include the following:

FREE pre wedding meeting at your venue
You supply 30 tracks so I get an idea of your music tastes
FREE Wireless Microphones, PA & LED Uplighting
All day DJing for ceremony, background music, meal etc.
Projector/screen, Additional PA available.
Online booking form, track upload & payments from this site.

No two weddings are the same and I will make sure that main parts of your disco are organised with your key wedding personnel, wedding planner or master of ceremony."

The red text says nothing & can be deleted.

With the purple text, the second part is repeating what the first part says, so one of these should be deleted.

Finally, the second bit of blue text is pretty much repeating what the first bit of blue text says, so I think this also needs deleting or changing.

I'll have another look a bit later.

yourdj
19-08-2010, 03:52 PM
Venue page ...over the magnificient Beaulie Palace (missing a "u)" on the Montague Arms section. Do I win a prize?

Thanks. I pulled the text off thier website which is pretty naff. considering they own 7,000 acres you think they would employ a professional web designer :p

http://www.yourdj.co.uk/venues.html

Here you go paul (I owe you a)

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/feb2009/2/5/31CE6951-014B-AD79-EE0AD79EE1A45F42.jpg

Get fire fox browser and install the english dictionary extensions and it automatically scans anything you type in boxes text boxes, article posts and spell checks for you.

Simples

Tom

I'll have another look a bit later.

cheers. It does go on a bit :p