PDA

View Full Version : Wedding link??

simon1969
20-08-2010, 04:13 PM
I made an enquiry to Wedding Link a couple of days ago about a wedding fayre in my area and they quoted me £85.00 + V.A.T. to exhibit is this a reasonable price ???
Also are they a decent company?
thanks Simon

Spirits High
20-08-2010, 04:33 PM
I made an enquiry to Wedding Link a couple of days ago about a wedding fayre in my area and they quoted me £85.00 + V.A.T. to exhibit is this a reasonable price ???
Also are they a decent company?
thanks Simon

On initial look it seems reasonable,

but what sort of venue is it?

Have they done Wedding fayres before?

How are they advertising the Fayre?

Are they charging people to get in?

And have a look who else (not Djs) is exhibiting there.

If you're coming up with decent answers to the above questions then it may be worth going to.

As a ballpark figure the Fayres I'm doing this Autumn range from £20- £150

Just checked out their website and they seem reputable enough and they look classy venues that the Fayres are at ;)

Shakermaker Promotions
20-08-2010, 04:39 PM
I think it depends on the venue to be honest.
Some venues do it themselves. Some get in proper wedding events companies to take care of the whole fayre so they may charge a bit extra?
Some venues like small hotels may be cheaper and some nice venues like stately homes and more upmarket hotels may be more expensive.

I'd say the price you have been quoted is pretty fair. Have you been to one of their fayres before? Do you know if it is well attended? Do you know if you will be the only DJ / Mobile Disco there? It's all worth finding out. If the fayre is at a hotel (you haven't told us if it is) then the hotel may well have a resident DJ in which case, I personally wouldn't bother.

To give you some kind of idea. I have 2 wedding fayres coming up. End of September in a very nice venue. To exhibit is around £200.00. It is very well attended and lots of work comes from it. They have 1 Mobile Disco and that's me. I'm lucky because I got in there via my wife who runs her own bridal wear business. She had a photo shoot at the venue with models etc (it was a good day!) and uses the photos on her brochures etc so we both get a place each at the fayre for £50.00 and no V.A.T. and that's for both of us.

Another venue I am exhibiting at in October is at a small hotel but it does well. They don't have a resident DJ and once again, I'm the only Mobile Disco there. It is also well attended. It's an outside company that takes care of the wedding fayre and it is £100.00 no V.A.T.

Hope that helps.

simon1969
20-08-2010, 04:41 PM
On initial look it seems reasonable,

but what sort of venue is it?

Have they done Wedding fayres before?

How are they advertising the Fayre?

Are they charging people to get in?

And have a look who else (not Djs) is exhibiting there.

If you're coming up with decent answers to the above questions then it may be worth going to.

As a ballpark figure the Fayres I'm doing this Autumn range from £20- £150

Just checked out their website and they seem reputable enough and they look classy venues that the Fayres are at ;)

Yes they seem to have a large circulation and advertise on a large spectrum, they have several dates coming up and next spring too.
The email said I can play some music during the catwalk shows to show new brides how good Iam not too sure about that though!!
Thanks for advice though Simon :)

Shakermaker Promotions
20-08-2010, 04:46 PM
A lot of wedding fayres are different. Some do the whole catwalk thing, some don't. I haven't done one yet where there has been a catwalk.

The best thing is to make sure you have plenty of brochures and cards etc because some fayres (both of the ones I am doing), do a welcome pack when people arrive at the fayre which has the numbers and details of everyone exhibiting.

It can also be a boring day but I find it quite interesting as I like chatting to people and telling them what I do. They also get a good feel (ooer) for you face to face. I also don't take a whole set up either. Just the Denon, Active Speakers, Starcloth, Laptop and 2 Monitors showing a slideshow of what I do, set ups etc, a couple of Uplighters and a whole load of brochures and cards. I play mainly first dance songs on a playlist during the day as background music.

simon1969
20-08-2010, 04:47 PM
I think it depends on the venue to be honest.
Some venues do it themselves. Some get in proper wedding events companies to take care of the whole fayre so they may charge a bit extra?
Some venues like small hotels may be cheaper and some nice venues like stately homes and more upmarket hotels may be more expensive.

I'd say the price you have been quoted is pretty fair. Have you been to one of their fayres before? Do you know if it is well attended? Do you know if you will be the only DJ / Mobile Disco there? It's all worth finding out. If the fayre is at a hotel (you haven't told us if it is) then the hotel may well have a resident DJ in which case, I personally wouldn't bother.

To give you some kind of idea. I have 2 wedding fayres coming up. End of September in a very nice venue. To exhibit is around £200.00. It is very well attended and lots of work comes from it. They have 1 Mobile Disco and that's me. I'm lucky because I got in there via my wife who runs her own bridal wear business. She had a photo shoot at the venue with models etc (it was a good day!) and uses the photos on her brochures etc so we both get a place each at the fayre for £50.00 and no V.A.T. and that's for both of us.

Another venue I am exhibiting at in October is at a small hotel but it does well. They don't have a resident DJ and once again, I'm the only Mobile Disco there. It is also well attended. It's an outside company that takes care of the wedding fayre and it is £100.00 no V.A.T.

Hope that helps.

No I havn't done a wedding fayre before and I have a choice of venues (and there are quite a few) If I want to exhibit I will have to contact them and ask what other dj companies are going to be there.
I have contacted another local wedding fayre company so i'll see what they come up with also but thanks for the advice!!! :) :D

DazzyD
22-08-2010, 11:06 PM
The last wedding fayre I did cost about £180 (including VAT) to exhibit. It wasn't well attended and, although I gave out a fair bit of marketing material, I didn't get a single booking (well, not yet, anyway!). £85+vat seems a decent price but you need to be confident of your face-to-face sales skills or hire in the services of a decent salesperson to do this for you. Don't waste the opportunity.

On a note of price, I considered exhibiting at a rather large wedding fayre at the Metro Radio Arena in Newcastle a few years ago. The price was dependant on how much space you needed. The quote for my "patch" ran in to a four-figure sum (and I'm not including pence here!) for the two-day event. This was way over budget for me (we'd set aside about £400 for the exhibitor's fees) so we couldn't do it. But I still feel it would have been money well spent if we could have afforded it. Oh, well. Maybe next time!

simon1969
23-08-2010, 05:45 AM
Some good advice there thanks everyone!!!! :) :D :) :D :)