PDA

View Full Version : To Flame Or Not to Flame....

StarZSoundS
22-08-2010, 06:05 PM
Scenario....

Your Mate has gone to do a year in Lanzarote....he hasn't been able to fit two 5ft Flames into his car (he's driving down with the gear).....he's given them you for nothing!!

What are you going to do with them....

Kernow
22-08-2010, 06:10 PM
Scenario....

Your Mate has gone to do a year in Lanzarote....he hasn't been able to fit two 5ft Flames into his car (he's driving down with the gear).....he's given them you for nothing!!

Well if you're not going to use them, and they are very impressive ;) , I would put them in the For Sale section :)

robbiedj
22-08-2010, 06:30 PM
Where's the "might use them sometimes" option? :D

I wouldn't use for all functions, but might for others.

StarZSoundS
22-08-2010, 06:35 PM
Where's the "might use them sometimes" option? :D

I wouldn't use for all functions, but might for others.

You're right Robbie....apologies....:beer1: :beer1: :beer1: :beer1:

I just sense a bit of opposition to flames on here....are they too Cheesey???

I can't make up my mind!!

Excalibur
22-08-2010, 07:35 PM
You're right Robbie....apologies....:beer1: :beer1: :beer1: :beer1:

I can't make up my mind!!

I strongly dislike flames.
I hate mirrorballs.
Grumpy old git, ain't I?

Kernow
22-08-2010, 08:12 PM

Probably ?...... but a pair of Chauvet Bobs which I bought out of curiosity have become an established part of my rig over the past 6 months, and received a lot of admiration and positive comment (albeit not from the pyroreflexophobes of North East Humberside ;) ) :D

DeckstarDeluxe
22-08-2010, 08:14 PM
set fire to them?

Jonathan Ford
22-08-2010, 08:39 PM
I'd rather courier them to Lanzarote for him than ever put them anywhere near my rig.

MikeW
22-08-2010, 08:50 PM
:Laugh:
set fire to them?

Excalibur
22-08-2010, 09:08 PM
Probably ?...... but a pair of Chauvet Bobs which I bought out of curiosity have become an established part of my rig over the past 6 months, and received a lot of admiration and positive comment (albeit not from the pyroreflexophobes of North East Humberside ;) ) :D

Get into the 21st Century Grandad. :p They abolished Humberside many years ago. I'm back in East Yorkshire*, where I belong. ;) :D :D :D

*A postcode search will put me in North Yorkshire. The powers that be refuse to acknowledge they've made a faux pas, and say it's too expensive to rectify their error. Dopey :Censored:s.

Corabar Entertainment
22-08-2010, 09:15 PM
:confused: Why on EARTH has this been posted in the "Weddings & Formal Events" Forum? :confused:

Now moved to the general Mobile Disco Forum

rob1963
22-08-2010, 10:23 PM
My opinion of flames is as low as some peoples opinions of pinspots.

:eek:

UltraBeat Entertainment
22-08-2010, 10:37 PM
Just read this thread.:confused:

Just to clarify when you say "Flame Effect" do you mean

These?
YouTube- stage effects flame machine

Or This?
YouTube- ENFERNO - REALISTIC TOWERING BLAZE EFFECT!

If it's option 1 it's got to be a keeper, option 2 I'd sell them.

TONYTIGER
23-08-2010, 06:57 AM
Scenario....

So ( he is driving to Lanzarote in his car) this i got to see, suggestion dump them in the Atlantic Ocean on the way :D

Kernow
23-08-2010, 10:35 AM
I strongly dislike flames.
I hate mirrorballs.

Get into the 21st Century Grandad. :p They abolished Humberside many years ago. I'm back in East Yorkshire*, where I belong. ;) :D :D :D

Would that be the 21st century in which hatred, intolerance & discrimination are relics of a long distant past (around the time of Humberside ) ?, if so then I'm there !! :p :D

Incidentally the Humber, like the Tamar, is a natural boundary protecting Gods' selected areas from lesser mortals ;) :) :)

:D :D

Larry B Entertainment
23-08-2010, 10:38 AM
I wouldnt use them at a gig but I would put them in my house and use them there.

Solitaire Events Ltd
24-08-2010, 05:47 PM
Sell them to me - I need one more at least for a Xmas project. I'll be back soon....

Punchy
26-08-2010, 06:17 PM
Scenario....

I`d stick em on weebay..

The indian wedding dj`s like that sort of stuff, along with trilite and mac 250`s ! You`ll get pretty good money which you could stick towards some movers or scanners :D

Slightly off topic but I`d like to go to an indian wedding, they are supposed to be quite a knees up apparently.

Falling Frog
27-08-2010, 05:33 PM
Hate the things myself - get rid I say!

Solitaire Events Ltd
27-08-2010, 06:03 PM
So PM me a price for one then Martin...