PDA

View Full Version : Easthampstead Park, Wokingham

funkymook
22-08-2010, 11:22 PM
Did a Christening party for a friend here tonight.

Lovely venue, parked by entrance, easy access via ramp. Straight away reception offered me a flat bed trolley to use (which I did), asked if I needed a table (I didn't) and then put a pint of coke out for me, they made me feel very welcome considering this was the first time I had been there.

Room I played in was the Downshire Room - high ceiling with 3 chandeliers on dimmers (circular controls by first door nearest fireplace).

I was told the usual DJ set up is by the fireplace, there's just one plug socket nearby.

Good accoustics - as I knew it was a small gathering (about 50 people inc 12 or so children) I only took my RCF ART310A's - plenty loud enough and nowhere near full volume, sound was clear all the way to the back of the room.

A pair of ADJ Revo 111's and a KAM 3D starcluster was ample lighting. The room would suit uplighting very well.

Bar is outside of the room, which personally I don't like, though didn't really effect this party.

From my experience tonight I'd rate this venue very highly. :approve:

rob1963
23-08-2010, 08:04 AM
Did a Christening party for a friend here tonight.

Lovely venue, parked by entrance, easy access via ramp. Straight away reception offered me a flat bed trolley to use (which I did), asked if I needed a table (I didn't) and then put a pint of coke out for me, they made me feel very welcome considering this was the first time I had been there.

Room I played in was the Downshire Room - high ceiling with 3 chandeliers on dimmers (circular controls by first door nearest fireplace).

I was told the usual DJ set up is by the fireplace, there's just one plug socket nearby.

Good accoustics - as I knew it was a small gathering (about 50 people inc 12 or so children) I only took my RCF ART310A's - plenty loud enough and nowhere near full volume, sound was clear all the way to the back of the room.

A pair of ADJ Revo 111's and a KAM 3D starcluster was ample lighting. The room would suit uplighting very well.

Bar is outside of the room, which personally I don't like, though didn't really effect this party.

From my experience tonight I'd rate this venue very highly. :approve:

Hi Funkymook,

I did a wedding at this venue last August, and agree it's a nice place, although my experience with the staff was not as good as yours.

It was also my first time at this venue, although I wasn't offered a trolley or given a coke, and the banqueting manager virtually ignored me. Maybe I was just unlucky with the staff who were working on that night, or maybe there are some new staff now.

It sounds like I was in the same room as you, but rather than going in the main entrance, I drove down a path on the right of the building, then carried my gear in through a conservatory at the back, up a ramp & into the area just outside the room, where I left it until I could get in to set up.

There seems to be a pattern developing recently where you work at venues I've worked at...although I suppose it's not surprising, as we aren't too far from each other.

funkymook
23-08-2010, 10:47 AM
There seems to be a pattern developing recently where you work at venues I've worked at...although I suppose it's not surprising, as we aren't too far from each other.

Or I'm stalking you!!! :eek:

rob1963
23-08-2010, 11:28 AM
Or I'm stalking you!!! :eek:

:jawdrop:

wensleydale
23-08-2010, 06:07 PM
I was there back in 2007- nice enough venue if I remember correctly.

Solitaire Events Ltd
24-08-2010, 05:57 PM
I work in it a few times a year and have to disagree about the acoustics, unless I was in a different room!

funkymook
25-08-2010, 12:26 PM
I work in it a few times a year and have to disagree about the acoustics, unless I was in a different room!

Interesting - in what way didn't it sound OK for you?

Must admit I didn't have loads of people in the room (about 50 at most), and wasn't playing at high volume - but when I was out front talking to some friends down the other end of the room I thought the music carried well, was very clear and balanced - sounded much better than some other venues I've played at. Maybe if I had more people, volume higher and my bass bins the rooms accoustics may have had more of an influence :)

Solitaire Events Ltd
27-08-2010, 12:02 PM
Interesting - in what way didn't it sound OK for you?

Must admit I didn't have loads of people in the room (about 50 at most), and wasn't playing at high volume - but when I was out front talking to some friends down the other end of the room I thought the music carried well, was very clear and balanced - sounded much better than some other venues I've played at. Maybe if I had more people, volume higher and my bass bins the rooms accoustics may have had more of an influence :)

The ceiling is very high and it's quite a long room - I find it slightly echoey until people dance.