PDA

View Full Version : New site

Richie
24-08-2010, 12:15 PM
I have just finished a new site for my missus and thought I would showcase it here to see what you think.

It validates to XHTML Strict and CSS2.1 and not a table in sight :)

I have used jQuery to create the scroll effect.

http://www.personalisationagenda.org.uk

Let me know if you like it or not.

Corabar Entertainment
24-08-2010, 12:32 PM
I like the idea of having it all on the same page with the menu links to the 'pages' scrolling the page down. :approve:

One thing: I didn't realise that the first picture was a video until I accidentally passed the mouse over it.... might be an idea to make that clearer.

Personal taste: I'm not keen on the current trend of making websites a little 'washed out', but it is the current 'fashion' and this one doesn't score too badly with me on that front ;) :D :D

rob1963
24-08-2010, 12:37 PM
I like the idea of having it all on the same page with the menu links to the 'pages' scrolling the page down.

Same here.

One thing: I didn't realise that the first picture was a video until I accidentally passed the mouse over it.... might be an idea to make that clearer.

Agreed.

Maybe it could be changed so the progress bar at the bottom is always there...rather than only appearing when you move your mouse over the pic.

Good site.

:thumbsup:

Richie
24-08-2010, 12:43 PM
Cheers for your comments, I thought that about the video. I will sort that out. :)

Richie
24-08-2010, 01:49 PM
Done that now :)

Paul The Party Dj
24-08-2010, 05:37 PM
Wow - I think that is really good - well done.
Beautiful, clear, simple.

Marc J
25-08-2010, 07:31 AM
Nice site Richie, although for something along those lines I think I'd now be tempted to give Wanderwall (http://addyosmani.com/blog/wanderwall/) a test drive....mind you that was just published on Sunday!

I've often wondered how these (technically) 1 page sites fare in search engines compared to the alternative (in this case) 7 page site? Obviously there's the landing page problem (it's always the index, although this isn't necessarily a bad thing), but would it effect the ranking as well? I've never looked into it as it's not been an issue for me so far (never been asked!).

Richie
25-08-2010, 11:43 AM
I just started adding a few inbound links yesterday and it seems to be dancing around the first page of Google for 'Personalisation Agenda'.

It needs time to settle but I think with a good link building campaign and with having the site name and URL as the preferred search term, I think (hope) it does well.

Penfold42
25-08-2010, 12:18 PM
I like it - works really well with the scroll. :approve:

simon1969
25-08-2010, 12:49 PM
Great site very clear easy to navigate and subject matter relates to my job also so double whammy there!!

Alex
27-08-2010, 05:19 PM
Really like it :)

Nice, tidy and effective..... you've sparked inspiration in my brain now :)

yourdj
27-08-2010, 08:16 PM
Wow - I think that is really good - well done.
Beautiful, clear, simple.

:agree:

Steve Cheese
07-09-2010, 09:07 PM
On your home page, the text :-Can you afford to bury your head in the sand?
The bottom third of the text is cut off.
Viewing with Firefox.
See screenshot:-
http://musicdelights.20m.com/Misc%20Files/agenda.bmp

Richie
12-09-2010, 11:06 AM
Thanks Steve, I have amended that :)