PDA

View Full Version : Smaller Speaker Options ... ?

WWDJ
29-08-2010, 10:48 PM
Thinking about getting some smaller speakers but still want to maintain quality.

I've been doing gigs where my current speakers are really too much. Small venues with a 3 x 3m dancefloor and generally older styles of music rather than RnB and Dance.

I have used 2 x W-Audio PSR15a recently and they just seem too darn loud for these venues and at 30kg they are heavyweight brutes ...

Do you think I could get away with RCF 10" Actives for example, would I lose lots of bass or would they tonally sound ok for all types of music. I do find the W-Audios a bit boomy especially off axis.

I already also have a pair of SRM450s and an RCF 705 sub which would be used for bigger gigs and perhaps a second sub if really needed.

Whadda you think ?

funkymook
30-08-2010, 12:30 AM
I use my RCF ART310A's on their own for quite a few small gigs. I honestly don't find them lacking at all in the right situation.

For parties in smaller venues (especially with sound limitors), 50'ish people or so they're great (even for charty R'n'B and Dance). And for easy listening, jazzy sort of stuff they would easily cover larger venues (this I know from experience).

Surprising good bass from them (especially if you position them near rear walls), they go loud without sounding like they're going to rattle apart - I've never had them showing the red clip light on the back, even at high volume, excellent mids and highs. Lightweight and reliable.

As you can tell, I'm a fan!

I've also been wondering if any of the newer 10" models from RCF and QSC are a substantial improvement on them - planning to do a side by side test soon.

DAVESOUNDS SERVICES
30-08-2010, 12:49 AM
Hiya
Ive a few pairs of 10 inch speakers that live in various venues across South Yorkshire and i must say they are ok for basic disco / quiz use
These sound massive with 350 watt Eminence drivers and Fane Bullets
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/DAVESOUNDS/DSCN4538.jpg

These are amazing! CO Axial Eminence Drivers and Eminence Horns
there only 12 inch high/wide and sound LOUD
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/DAVESOUNDS/Matampcx10s.jpg

I Quiz Through these twice a week
were home made Fanes till a Roadie bounced one
as i needed a Repair quickly and Eminence were difficult to do business with i
ordered a crappy pair of Skytec Cast 200 watt Rms drivers expecting em to be rubbish! Apart from not being super efficient theyre pretty good!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/DAVESOUNDS/Clubman1rentalkit.jpg
Ive a couple of pairs of 8 inch cabs too by JBL and Carlsbro that are good too
allthough none are any use for megaloud disco
i simply take whatevers best for the job in hand
get some 10s and give yr back a rest

cheers

yourdj
30-08-2010, 02:45 AM
RCF ART310A's

:agree: - I have the 10 inchers and they are very loud :eek:

Solitaire Events Ltd
30-08-2010, 11:51 AM
I worked with a toastmaster on Saturday who was using the newer 710s and an A&H mixer and there is no way that I'd ever use 10" cabs for anything other than background music. This is based on what I heard on Saturday.

WWDJ
30-08-2010, 05:53 PM
I've read that the 7 series tend to be a bit light on the bass as opposed to the 3 series. Not sure whether you really need to wind them up to get the best but I know I don't need 129db.

I haven't read any reports of the new 4 series or whether indeed this is meant to be the replacement for the 3 series but I think it would be the 3 or 4 series that I would be looking at. 127db is plenty and I will add a sub if not.

TONYTIGER
01-09-2010, 06:00 PM
I worked with a toastmaster on Saturday who was using the newer 710s and an A&H mixer and there is no way that I'd ever use 10" cabs for anything other than background music. This is based on what I heard on Saturday.

Does size matter i quite often use 8" speakers for up to 200 people.And currently use 10" for larger gigs. P8 & P10 from Nexo.

Steve the DJ
01-09-2010, 06:21 PM
Does size matter i quite often use 8" speakers for up to 200 people.And currently use 10" for larger gigs. P8 & P10 from Nexo.

I only use 8" tops as well, although there is a 15" Sub rumbling away behind the S+H that helps fill the sound out... :)

funkymook
01-09-2010, 06:41 PM

Impressive, is that for music or speech? with or without subs?

I've always been intrigued by the very high end speaker ranges, would like to demo some side by side with my RCF's to hear the difference (though I'm worried I'd be impressed enough to end up spending a fortune!).

Dynamic Entertainment
01-09-2010, 07:19 PM
Im sure that Adam (F) will correct me if im wrong here but he has/has used the Cerwin Vega CVA 28's before --> http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR251052 without a problem...although the did recomment the CVA sub too...

Solitaire Events Ltd
01-09-2010, 07:47 PM

Nexo are a different kettle of fish as you well know, but no, I wouldn't use 8" speakers on their own as generally, they are not up to the job.

8" and a sub, maybe.

The RCF's certainly didn't cut it on their own IMO.

Steve the DJ
01-09-2010, 07:52 PM
Nexo are a different kettle of fish as you well know...

Yes, the PS range are as harsh as hell, french plop...

:Rob James:

TONYTIGER
01-09-2010, 08:09 PM
Yes, the PS range are as harsh as hell, french plop...

:Rob James:

Sorry but your talking absolute rubbish ,just read some reviews written by the experts in the proven sound mags.

Solitaire Events Ltd
01-09-2010, 08:10 PM
Surely everyone is allowed an opinion Tony?

surround sounds
01-09-2010, 08:17 PM
Im sure that Adam (F) will correct me if im wrong here but he has/has used the Cerwin Vega CVA 28's before --> http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR251052 without a problem...although the did recomment the CVA sub too...

I can recommend the cerwin vega range.Great smaller speakers and the subwoofer sounds amazing.I use them all the time.

Steve the DJ
01-09-2010, 08:17 PM
Sorry but your talking absolute rubbish ,just read some reviews written by the experts in the proven sound mags.

No need, I have worked with Nexo PA on a number of occasions and I have things called ears. Appaling high pitched whine all things considered.

Sound is very personal and my opinion is valid, as is yours if you like them.

Although I'm right... :p

TONYTIGER
01-09-2010, 08:22 PM
Impressive, is that for music or speech? with or without subs?

I've always been intrigued by the very high end speaker ranges, would like to demo some side by side with my RCF's to hear the difference (though I'm worried I'd be impressed enough to end up spending a fortune!).

Have used them on there own normally the P 10s or the P 8s with one or two subs this is for music ( discos) before i bought several of the Nexo Systems i used to use RCF powered subs & tops my sound has improved 100% and i have posted in the gallery a small Nexo Alpa system that coped with 3000 + crowd with nothing but praise from some top notch bands.

Javlingames
02-09-2010, 09:46 AM
No need, I have worked with Nexo PA on a number of occasions and I have things called ears. Appaling high pitched whine all things considered.

SURELY thats down to how its set up? If theres a plonker on the desk!! Mine sound sweet, ive got ps15's and they absolutely sing

yourdj
02-09-2010, 10:36 AM
8" and a sub, maybe.

If thats the case these are highly regarded by all accounts:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230519177097&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Shame its in Ireland as I would have had it at that price.

yourdj
02-09-2010, 10:46 AM
Sorry they are 10 inch :)

This is what i meant:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/nova_inova_in_88_sub.htm

TONYTIGER
02-09-2010, 12:00 PM

Perhaps you would like to give us some links to any Nexo review that is negative as i have only seen rave reviews and the company have one so many awards .
Perhaps you have been using them without the right processor .
Oh and most of the stages at some serious festivals request Nexo monitors.

Solitaire Events Ltd
02-09-2010, 12:05 PM
Tony - why can't you let other people have their opinions about Nexo? Not everyone is going to like them. Sound is personal.

Dynamic Entertainment
02-09-2010, 12:09 PM
Perhaps you would like to give us some links to any Nexo review that is negative as i have only seen rave reviews and the company have one so many awards .
Perhaps you have been using them without the right processor .
Oh and most of the stages at some serious festivals request Nexo monitors.

I worked at a CenterParc that had a Nexo system in the "club"...it was bloody aweful. Even the sound guys who came to "fix" it said the same...

It seems to me that its a system that can sound sweet when its set up 150% correctly, and sound absolute pants if set up slightly wrong...

flatliners
02-09-2010, 09:46 PM
Tony - why can't you let other people have their opinions about Nexo? Not everyone is going to like them. Sound is personal.

I agree sound is a personal thing many people on here love mackies myself i cannot stand them

DazzyD
02-09-2010, 10:17 PM
For smaller gigs I've gotten away with EV 200sx They've got a pretty decent full-range sound for 12"s. My normal speakers are 15" ProLight E-115s but they are really heavy.

That's true. I did a venue once that had it's own Bose sound system installed and I thought it sounded terrible. The crowd didn't seem to mind, though.

I agree sound is a personal thing many people on here love mackies myself i cannot stand them

I've had different experiences with Mackies. A set I once used sounded really raw but others have been really good.

WWDJ
02-09-2010, 11:50 PM
So going back to the OP and veering back OT, lets say I got a pair of RCF 310A's/410A's as these fit within the non Nexo budget :) Would these be suitable for smaller functions. I get things like 60th, 70th, 80th birthdays sometimes where the music selection is mostly non chart.

Would they give a balanced and acceptable sound to Dancing Queen and the Beatles at moderate volumes ?

Dynamic Entertainment
03-09-2010, 12:14 AM
Anyhow...personally i would go for the 312a's over the 10s...i know that it makes them a bit bigger but the bass difference is really noticable when ran side by side (ive the 12s and a mate has the 10s, but his are solely used for small PA or background only requirements.

yourdj
03-09-2010, 01:02 AM
Anyhow...personally i would go for the 312a's over the 10s...i know that it makes them a bit bigger but the bass difference is really noticable when ran side by side (ive the 12s and a mate has the 10s, but his are solely used for small PA or background only requirements.

I had an issue with the noice limiter the other day so unplugged the bins. I was really impressed with the 310's. I took out alot of the mid and they sounded great. :) Even in a marquee. if your not using bins then go for the bigger ones.

TONYTIGER
03-09-2010, 10:11 AM

That,s ok but i am only commenting on the original post re small speakers and have taken notice of post re opinions on equipment ,as you quite well know i only give advice on gear that i have used and don,t make rash statements on equipment i have no first hand knowledge of,but your comment is taken on board.

Happy Jack
03-09-2010, 02:03 PM
Interesting - I could've sworn I replied to this thread...

Mods, I'd be grateful to know the reasons why I'm am still in the sin bin. Please send by PM. Oh wait...

Corabar Entertainment
03-09-2010, 02:52 PM
Please send by PM. Oh wait...
http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/announcement.php?f=128

Steve the DJ
03-09-2010, 03:58 PM
...i only give advice on gear that i have used and don,t make rash statements on equipment i have no first hand knowledge of...

Nor do I... ;)

TONYTIGER
03-09-2010, 06:18 PM
Nor do I... ;)

Rather out of context, here,s some reading for you .

http://www.nexo-sq.com/user/data/PS10-R2_REVIEW.pdf

Steve the DJ
03-09-2010, 07:18 PM
Rather out of context, here,s some reading for you .

:bang:

Corabar Steve
04-09-2010, 02:29 AM
For god's sake will you two give it a rest.

One of you likes them he other doesn't.

We get the picture.

CRAZY K
04-09-2010, 08:10 AM
So going back to the OP and veering back OT, lets say I got a pair of RCF 310A's/410A's as these fit within the non Nexo budget :) Would these be suitable for smaller functions. I get things like 60th, 70th, 80th birthdays sometimes where the music selection is mostly non chart.

Would they give a balanced and acceptable sound to Dancing Queen and the Beatles at moderate volumes ?

I have worked with RCFs a couple of times and yes nice quality but they were 15 inch.

Im not sure you would get the preferred bass range though from 10 inches even in a small hall--Im not talking beer glass moving bass--just a nice rounded sound.

I always think the much maligned Peaveys offer a reasonable sound for your bucks---;)

Steve the DJ
04-09-2010, 08:35 AM

We get the picture.

Yes boss, no more from me I promise... :D

yourdj
04-09-2010, 11:53 AM

We get the picture.

:agree:

I have worked with RCFs a couple of times and yes nice quality but they were 15 inch.

Im not sure you would get the preferred bass range though from 10 inches even in a small hall--Im not talking beer glass moving bass--just a nice rounded sound.

No you wont although they are very impressive. i ran mine without bins the other night as there is a noise limiter in a marquee. I took out allot of the mid and they were very good! :)

Solitaire Events Ltd
04-09-2010, 03:10 PM
Why would you take out a lot of the mid on a mid/high speaker?

WWDJ
29-03-2011, 08:52 PM
I'm just reading my old thread here and wondering whether anything has changed in the 6 months since ....

I'm still using the same speakers and have the following in my kit bag

- Warrior PSR15A - Heavy and sound a big ragged I think when pushed
- Mackie SRM450 V1 - Good, sound, can get hot when pushed
- RCF ART705A Sub - Belting sub but heavy at 37kg.

I really really want to consolidate and essentially I keep one set of actives as a backup to the other, although i don't why really as I don't have room to take both sets to a gig as my DJing car is a Toyota RAV4 5 Door which i got before I started DJing again.

So I can sell any or all of the above to buy one set of speakers that will do all types of gigs easily ... recommendations please ... this is the preferred option. .... or I could sell some of the tops and keep the sub and I think I would prefer 10s if i do this, as space is limited. What I really want is the best overall sound. My gigs tend to by mixed parties from 50 - 125 people and I play the full range of music including commercial dance, rnb and dubstep, so a reasonable amount of bass is needed.

I'm not especially bothered about having a backup set any more as I never have room to take them so what the point when I could just source from a local DJ shop a PA if really really needed?

So what do you think I should do ?... I can probably afford to put £500 in addition to whatever the above would sell for.

I do about 20 gigs a year so I am part time but I do like to take pride in my show and give my customers the best I can give within limits.

Happy Jack
30-03-2011, 03:25 AM
Darren, guess what system I am going to recommend? Like Tony with his Nexo PS boxes, I too have a certain manufacturer and range on the tip of my tongue. I'd hate to suggest something that is probably not suitable...

Would it be okay to share my thoughts?

Shaun
30-03-2011, 11:26 AM

Why wouldn't it be?

CRAZY K
30-03-2011, 11:32 AM
Why wouldn't it be?

Maybe cos hes a Sound Engineer (not a DJ/ Entertainer)

:Laugh: :Laugh: :Laugh: :Laugh: :Laugh: :Laugh: :Laugh:

sweetie
30-03-2011, 11:39 AM
I'm just reading my old thread here and wondering whether anything has changed in the 6 months since ....

I'm still using the same speakers and have the following in my kit bag

- Warrior PSR15A - Heavy and sound a big ragged I think when pushed
- Mackie SRM450 V1 - Good, sound, can get hot when pushed
- RCF ART705A Sub - Belting sub but heavy at 37kg.

I really really want to consolidate and essentially I keep one set of actives as a backup to the other, although i don't why really as I don't have room to take both sets to a gig as my DJing car is a Toyota RAV4 5 Door which i got before I started DJing again.

So I can sell any or all of the above to buy one set of speakers that will do all types of gigs easily ... recommendations please ... this is the preferred option. .... or I could sell some of the tops and keep the sub and I think I would prefer 10s if i do this, as space is limited. What I really want is the best overall sound. My gigs tend to by mixed parties from 50 - 125 people and I play the full range of music including commercial dance, rnb and dubstep, so a reasonable amount of bass is needed.

I'm not especially bothered about having a backup set any more as I never have room to take them so what the point when I could just source from a local DJ shop a PA if really really needed?

So what do you think I should do ?... I can probably afford to put £500 in addition to whatever the above would sell for.

I do about 20 gigs a year so I am part time but I do like to take pride in my show and give my customers the best I can give within limits.

you missed out on the QSCs that makeanote sold here last week or the week before

WWDJ
30-03-2011, 12:11 PM
Darren, guess what system I am going to recommend? Like Tony with his Nexo PS boxes, I too have a certain manufacturer and range on the tip of my tongue. I'd hate to suggest something that is probably not suitable...

Anything is suitable as long as it within budget and I can fit it along with the rest of my setup in the back of my RAV4.

2 speakers only is desirable possibly, but then some of the high end RCF7 range are too big and powerful say for a 60th birthday with 50 people, so maybe it would be better to have something with an arguably better sound like the K10s and keep the sub for bigger events but i'd like to be able to cover 100 people without lugging the sub to be honest, however i'd struggle to fit the sub and 2 x 12" speakers in the car.

I don't like to blast people with loud music generally as I prefer a rounded sound focussed on the dancefloor, however i need a bit of oomph for the 18ths/21sts of course.

decisions decisions ....

DJ Tony McQue
30-03-2011, 01:33 PM
A pair of RCF 310a's and your RCF sub will give you a cracking rig. I have both the 310s and the 312s but I am actually going to sell my 312s as I tend to just use the 310s as they are that good. I have never managed to get them into the red and that is playing in some seriously large Edinburgh venues. Some might argue that the sound is a bit processed but I actually think they have a lot on common sound wise with B & W speakers, really nice detailed sound but with some grunt.

CRAZY K
30-03-2011, 03:00 PM
Anything is suitable as long as it within budget and I can fit it along with the rest of my setup in the back of my RAV4.

2 speakers only is desirable possibly, but then some of the high end RCF7 range are too big and powerful say for a 60th birthday with 50 people, so maybe it would be better to have something with an arguably better sound like the K10s and keep the sub for bigger events but i'd like to be able to cover 100 people without lugging the sub to be honest, however i'd struggle to fit the sub and 2 x 12" speakers in the car.

I don't like to blast people with loud music generally as I prefer a rounded sound focussed on the dancefloor, however i need a bit of oomph for the 18ths/21sts of course.

decisions decisions ....

Dont you already have the speakers for the 100 or so audience size?

Mackies are used by people for that kind of event and all you need is a couple of clip on fans.

Im not a Mackie fan particularly but have worked with them ok no problem.

Especially if high volume isnt needed much, for louder more modern events just get a smaller lighter sub perhaps?

There have been previous comments about sound---:eek:

Lets face it its very personal and if you are used to the Mackies and you like them why change it if it aint broke:confused:

I know there are loads of speakers available with better quality apparently--but is anyone going to notice at an event where you dont want it loud.:confused:

Its only when you really start driving equipment hard the imperfections start coming out.

BTW if your having trouble with space I have a massive roof box for sale which will fit any vehicle--you buy the bars--brilliant for increasing space at virtually no cost, ideal for lighting, usb controllers or leads etc.

Well £150 to you;)

I have replaced my Mondeo with a 6 gear Motorway Eater (Galaxy) :D

Takeiteasy
30-03-2011, 03:07 PM
What about a pair SRM 350v2's and a SWA1501 sub.... these system cover 150cap venues.

The SRM350v2 also sound a lot nicer than the 450v2's

Solitaire Events Ltd
30-03-2011, 03:12 PM
What about a pair SRM 350v2's and a SWA1501 sub....

He already has an RCF705AS, so that would taking a step back IMO.

WWDJ
30-03-2011, 04:52 PM
A pair of RCF 310a's and your RCF sub will give you a cracking rig. I have both the 310s and the 312s but I am actually going to sell my 312s as I tend to just use the 310s as they are that good. I have never managed to get them into the red and that is playing in some seriously large Edinburgh venues. Some might argue that the sound is a bit processed but I actually think they have a lot on common sound wise with B & W speakers, really nice detailed sound but with some grunt.

What dancefloor size would the 310s cover on their own? I'm not so much bothered about completely filling the room with sound as long as the dancefloor sounds good as I am of the opinion that at a lot of family parties people sit further away from the disco for good reason and the people closer dont need to deafened

I do like the sub, it's just heavy, so would rather not lug it to the 'average' 'up to 100' gig at the local WMC and just keep it for bigger gigs.

The dancefloor is about 4.5m x 6m at the WMC and they like to be able to hear drinks orders at the bar about 12m from my speakers.

Twinspin
31-03-2011, 02:29 AM
One speaker that might be perfect for your needs would be the RCF 315A

for smaller gigs your going to get a 15" active cab. You wouldnt need to carry the art705 all the time because those 315a are good.

also if you put side by side a 312a and a 315a without looking at the insides or the back panel you wouldnt know which was which.

RCF use the same size plastic cabinet for the 15" and 12" its just the internal driver thats bigger.

the 15" cabs weigh 19kg and you can get them for £800 from that Millenium music.

id say go for them over the 10"

My friend Martin got some just before christmas and ive heard his twice and they are very good.

As for Nexo. I do like Nexo ive heard the PS15s they are amazing. The QSC K series cabs werent my cup of tea tbh.

Happy Jack
31-03-2011, 05:51 AM
Why wouldn't it be?

I'll have to point you to this thread for some clarity on that one.

http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/showthread.php?t=25826&page=4

Anyway. Having had time to digest your latest responses, Dave, and the input of several others, I think the decision is clear. 'Engineer' or not, an entirely new system isn't really necessary so I won't recommend one!

I would agree with Darren and Fluid, and would go on to echo what has already been suggested. That you offload the tops and look at completing that particular RCF setup with the 310's from the same ART range.

My only ever experience with an a RCF box was when a pair of 310's were supplied over a pair of SRM450's on monitor duty for a house night. I was surprised at how much better the 310's were at handling excessive levels and at how pronounce they were on LF. The bode plots for the cab suggest that it happily plays down to 70hz, and reaches approx. 103dB 1w/1m @ 90hz. On paper, the 310 just out-performs the 315 in this region, although such difference may hardly be audible.

Against what I would've suggested with this new knowledge, and the fact that there are many happy users on this forum, it may be worth arranging to hear those tops as well as the 312's and 322's, both with and without the RCF705AS, the HPF set at 80hz. I'd also blind A/B the 310's against the 315's with some house or similar 'kick' heavy music. I'm not sure you will hear much difference, and if space is a factor - which I gather it clearly is! - then you'll choose the smallest possible box fit for purpose.

CRAZY K
31-03-2011, 08:02 AM
One speaker that might be perfect for your needs would be the RCF 315A

for smaller gigs your going to get a 15" active cab. You wouldnt need to carry the art705 all the time because those 315a are good.

also if you put side by side a 312a and a 315a without looking at the insides or the back panel you wouldnt know which was which.

RCF use the same size plastic cabinet for the 15" and 12" its just the internal driver thats bigger.

the 15" cabs weigh 19kg and you can get them for £800 from that Millenium music.

id say go for them over the 10"

My friend Martin got some just before christmas and ive heard his twice and they are very good.

See post 36--agreed;)

Twinspin
31-03-2011, 07:06 PM
The 310a are good cabs dont get me wrong. But id of thought the 15" the sound would have been better than the 10.

My next pair of speakers are going to be the RCF ART725A's. Probably get them in a couple of months time

WWDJ
31-03-2011, 07:11 PM
The 310a are good cabs dont get me wrong. But id of thought the 15" the sound would have been better than the 10.

My next pair of speakers are going to be the RCF ART725A's. Probably get them in a couple of months time

What are you selling to may way for them John ?

Twinspin
31-03-2011, 07:49 PM
RCF ART322A's if i decide to sell them. RCF have discontinued these now and the 325a

Takeiteasy
01-04-2011, 11:35 AM

Lovely lovely lovely speakers ! and with the subs you can cover a 500cap venue.... just a shame about the price at the moment.

MikeW
01-04-2011, 01:11 PM
Lovely lovely lovely speakers ! and with the subs you can cover a 500cap venue.... just a shame about the price at the moment.

Do you mean the ART725As? Do you own a pair/have you heard them?

WWDJ
01-04-2011, 02:37 PM
So it sounds like there is a lot of favour for the 310a which is great considering the size and price

My only concern I guess is whether they would handle up to 100 people
... Or should I need something more substantial like the 710s, K10s or whether I just break the budget and get the 722a which I believe would be more than capable???

surround sounds
01-04-2011, 02:46 PM
well i got the rcf art712 and they sound great on there own and i do gigs with them easy with 150people

Tom
01-04-2011, 05:40 PM
If I could start again, I would go for small 8" tops with either 12" or 15" subs. Mainly just to keep the size of the speaker cabs and also to reduce weight.

Just need to get the crossover points set up correctly and your on to a winner. :)

Twinspin
01-04-2011, 08:20 PM

They arent cheap thats for sure but they are worth the cost.

MikeW
01-04-2011, 08:26 PM
They arent cheap thats for sure but they are worth the cost.

Hi John, have you heard them in action?

Twinspin
02-04-2011, 01:47 AM
I heard them at electromusic in Doncaster. I can honestly say they are the best active cabs ive ever heard.

In one word..... them RCF 7 series cabs will blow your socks off. Very loud cabs, Extremely punchy, and they sound crystal clear.

Best thing to do is go and have a listen to them. I did and i think they are amazing.

MikeW
02-04-2011, 08:12 AM
I heard them at electromusic in Doncaster. I can honestly say they are the best active cabs ive ever heard.

In one word..... them RCF 7 series cabs will blow your socks off. Very loud cabs, Extremely punchy, and they sound crystal clear.

Best thing to do is go and have a listen to them. I did and i think they are amazing.

Thanks for your comments John.

Solitaire Events Ltd
02-04-2011, 12:07 PM
I've heard the 7 series and they don't sound a great deal different to the 3 series to me.

Takeiteasy
02-04-2011, 12:47 PM
Do you mean the ART725As? Do you own a pair/have you heard them?

We installed 3 pairs of these into a sports venue last year.... we have a number of SRM450v2 and 350v2's but we're looking to change them all over for the 725's but there quite a lot of money..... even trade there ££££'s

Takeiteasy
02-04-2011, 12:49 PM
If I could start again, I would go for small 8" tops with either 12" or 15" subs. Mainly just to keep the size of the speaker cabs and also to reduce weight.

Just need to get the crossover points set up correctly and your on to a winner. :)

If you really wanted the most compact ''best'' sounding system d&b T series :) £££££'s thou lol

yourdj
02-04-2011, 02:10 PM
http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/showthread.php?t=32584