PDA

View Full Version : DiscoSuperstore.co.uk - ceased trading....

Alex
29-08-2010, 09:56 PM
I'm saddened........

My local store ( Portsmouth Sound and Light ) DiscoSuperstore.co.uk
have ceased trading! :( They've been in business for well over 15 years... if not much longer!!

Such a shame, as the guys that ran it were fantastic people who offered advice freely, were extremely relaxed and friendly, had a fantastic range...

If the owners are on here ( or still on here )... just want to wish you luck in your future ventures

You'll be missed :(

xx

yourdj
30-08-2010, 01:50 AM
Agreed. That was a good store.

PSL RIP. :angel:

Goes to show people only use DJ stores to look at equipment and then buy a cheaper option online. :(

DeckstarDeluxe
30-08-2010, 02:18 AM
Agreed. That was a good store.

PSL RIP. :angel:

Goes to show people only use DJ stores to look at equipment and then buy a cheaper option online. :(

Oddly enough I brought a mixer off them on Ebay years ago and its still going strong.

Sign of the times though.

Daryll
30-08-2010, 06:15 AM
Thats a real shame , was only 40 minutes down the road from me , I suppose for any small items , there's always maplins across the road :sofa:

Daryll

rob1963
30-08-2010, 08:56 AM
Thats a real shame , was only 40 minutes down the road from me , I suppose for any small items , there's always maplins across the road

Maplins DJ alert, Maplins DJ alert, Maplins DJ alert.......

:D

Corabar Steve
30-08-2010, 09:03 AM
Maplins DJ alert, Maplins DJ alert, Maplins DJ alert.......

:D
No need for that Rob.

We all know you're here.:sj:

rob1963
30-08-2010, 09:05 AM
No need for that Rob.

We all know you're here.:sj:

..........:laughup:

yourdj
30-08-2010, 10:39 AM
Thats a real shame , was only 40 minutes down the road from me , I suppose for any small items , there's always maplins across the road :sofa:

Daryll

I always wondered that. If maplin opened because there was a DJ shop across the street ir vice versa. :)

Alex
30-08-2010, 02:10 PM
Maplin opened AFTER psl :D

jamesh
01-09-2010, 09:41 AM
They aren't the only disco store to go bump... Rumor has it a quite big DJ Megastore based in the West Midlands has gone into liquidation too....:zip: :whistle: :eek: although their website still seems live but guess there might be an issue with stock control... :Censored:

SC Events
01-09-2010, 11:00 AM
They aren't the only disco store to go bump... Rumor has it a quite big DJ Megastore based in the West Midlands has gone into liquidation too....:zip: :whistle: :eek: although their website still seems live but guess there might be an issue with stock control... :Censored:

Not Birmingham Disco & Karaoke Centre is it?

I heard rumours that they were supposed to have gone out of business about 6 months ago.

I bought my first rig from there...I spent about £800. :eek:

Vectis
01-09-2010, 11:06 AM

Surely it can't be too hard to find out which store? Liquidation filings are a matter of public record after all. Possibly :cool: