PDA

View Full Version : My kind of Sound Limiter

CRAZY K
23-07-2006, 10:59 AM
Yes-last nights gig had one--looked very old--probably on the Ark!

Went to the bar and asked the nice lady--

So generally how does the limiter work here--i.e. do you get a lot of Discos getting cut off all the time etc.

Answer--errr if the music is too loud you get cut off :teeth:

Erm no I know that but how sensitive is it--does it allow reasonable levels of volume or has it been adjusted to a low level as right next to houses.

Nice lady--ill get the technical people over here---good I think.

12 year old boy in a baseball cap appears :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Hello I say so how do you find the sound limiter responds generally with all the other Discos and bands that play here--

Easy he says--its disconnected!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And?????????????

And he says my Grandma will come over and tell you to turn it down if its too loud--Three strikes and your in trouble :sad:

Look at Grandma---see what you mean :teeth:

So I only got one warning from Grandma just near the end--excellent.

What I want to know is--how come someone who knows when 95 decibels have been reached is being wasted washing beer glasses behind the bar :teeth:

CRAZY K

Ricesnaps
23-07-2006, 11:19 AM
Fantastic - maybe all village halls need a Grandma!

Had a visit to a venue this morning and the stage had a huge sign at the back:

"DISCO'S: Power will be automatically cut off at 11.30"

Bugger!

Have a disco
23-07-2006, 07:17 PM
One village hall I use to do regular do's has a certain glass place in a certain spot if it starts moving then a light flashes on stage as to turn the level down. Vibration sensor new one to me but very effective as it surpassed the soundlimiter in advanced warnings

leighinstoke
23-07-2006, 07:29 PM
I've noticed that in venues where sound limiters are fitted, the only other 'un-controlled' power sockets are well out of extension lead reach!

I wonder though how the cleaners would go on if they had an exceptionally loud hoover? I can see the engineer now "So you're saying it worked for a bit then went off because it was too loud?" "Have you checked the bag?"

Thames Valley Discos
23-07-2006, 11:04 PM
Take a UPS with you.(no not mr posty)

Have a disco
23-07-2006, 11:13 PM
so royal mail not good enuff no LOL

Alex - Cream Ents
24-07-2006, 12:05 AM
I don't like the things, but its something we all have to contend with from time to time, just keep a close eye and if anyone complains "its too quiet" point them to the box on the wall. Simple as that.

With the money one would save only needing a 50W per channel amp you could almost afford a laptop, backup laptop and UPS and backup backup iPod...

*Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit*

Corabar Entertainment
24-07-2006, 12:16 AM
Doesn't anyone else fild that it's not you that's the problem, it's when the punters sign along, etc that the bleedin' things trip out?

Corabar Steve
24-07-2006, 01:07 AM
I've noticed that in venues where sound limiters are fitted, the only other 'un-controlled' power sockets are well out of extension lead reach!
I've got a 50m extn lead :teeth: :teeth: