PDA

View Full Version : PLI-who to go with? Advice Please

scoopd
23-07-2006, 09:55 PM
Would welcome some advice as to who may be good to go with for liability insurance.Is there a company who you have used who have paid up without qualm etc.Difficult T+C's etc.

Many Thanks

Scoopd

Candybeatdiscos
23-07-2006, 10:05 PM
NADJ Cover seems the best - look at the forums

ian8limelight
23-07-2006, 10:23 PM
NADJ Cover seems the best - look at the forums

Full agree, I've just re-newed mine with them.

Have a disco
23-07-2006, 10:25 PM
Right if your looking for JUST PLI then follow advice before me if your wanting your gear covered as well then I will reccommend totally Musicguard whom are the DB's

lightspeed
24-07-2006, 08:36 PM
I second that! Musicguard are fab. Never had any problems with them yet as such. They are a bit picky when gear needs replacing about where to buy it from (they only use trusted dealers). But who isn't!

- Chris :)

scoopd
24-07-2006, 08:45 PM
I second that! Musicguard are fab. Never had any problems with them yet as such. They are a bit picky when gear needs replacing about where to buy it from (they only use trusted dealers). But who isn't!

- Chris :)
Hi Thanks for this but can I just check that you mean DJGuard? They seem to be the same people.
Appreciate the post though

GrahamH
24-07-2006, 09:11 PM

Same here.. Musicguard is the nuts.. No problems with there policy
Musicguard and DJguard seem to be one and the same unless i've missed something

Shaun
24-07-2006, 09:21 PM
Hi Thanks for this but can I just check that you mean DJGuard? They seem to be the same people.
Appreciate the post though

Dj guard and music guard are run by the same company.

CRAZY K
24-07-2006, 09:24 PM
Also depends on what you do--if your a straightforward Mobile Disco then I think NADJ or Musicians Union would be fine as well as Musicguard--just look at prices, Limit of cover and T and Cs

If like me your doing cover varying types of musical entertainment ( including maybe sound and lighting engineering as well-- I dont do that personally)Musicguard are the DBs!

Just to remind everyone--Generators--no cover for Music gear damaged by Generator surging according to Musicguard :sad:

CRAZY K

Have a disco
24-07-2006, 09:55 PM
unless you have a surge protector pluged into it???

Have a disco
24-07-2006, 10:03 PM
whats happening ???? i rarely wander over to there forum due to ostrich syndrome

Shaun
24-07-2006, 10:12 PM
Speaking of surge protectors. Can anyone recommend any good (low cost) ones that I can buy online. I've got a gig next week where I'll have to use a generator.

PM me...so we can keep this topic on track. Thanks in advance.

Paul James Promotions
24-07-2006, 11:27 PM
I use www.torribles.co.uk, but they are more suited to the equipment hire market. As already suggested, Musicguard seem to be a good choice.

Corabar Entertainment
29-07-2006, 01:58 AM
A lot of people have been mentioning PLI, etc recently, and Musicguard is one that has come up regularly.

I just wanted to remind everyone that there is a standing offer of 10% off for members of this site from both MusicGuard and E&L. Full details are in the Special Offers & Discounts sub-forum, accesible from the Main Page of the forum.

So now everyone, you're spoilt for choice! :)

CRAZY K
29-07-2006, 09:17 AM
WABBIT SAID----unless you have a surge protector pluged into it???

1. if you did--- then no damage anyway?

2. Not covered at all in any circumstances was my understanding--sue the generator supplier they said--(excuse me im having a dream with Pink Elephants floating by)

I have invested in two surge protected boards for extra safety.

Im looking forward to this evening--im not working off a generator :teeth:

CRAZY K

Have a disco
29-07-2006, 11:20 AM
A lot of people have been mentioning PLI, etc recently, and Musicguard is one that has come up regularly.

I just wanted to remind everyone that there is a standing offer of 10% off for members of this site from both MusicGuard and E&L. Full details are in the Special Offers & Discounts sub-forum, accesible from the Main Page of the forum.

So now everyone, you're spoilt for choice! :)

Ah finally it is still going typical after I renewed my policy though LOL

Corabar Entertainment
29-07-2006, 11:22 AM
The codes have been there all the time.... they haven't moved! :)

Have a disco
29-07-2006, 11:40 AM
not to worry this year. I did ask but as ever it was during the changeover of the site just one of those things

Steve the DJ
29-07-2006, 01:42 PM
Keep reading and this post will then make sense... :)

soundtracker
29-07-2006, 02:34 PM
Is that the same MU that have stitched up DJs over digital licensing? I'd really want them to have the benefit of my premium!

Steve the DJ
29-07-2006, 03:20 PM
To be fair I have only just read what Phil has been saying about MU on the NADJ forum so I retract my love for them and have amended my previous post...

Looks like NADJ PLI with gear through E & L is now the best option available to me, especially with 10% discount as a member of MDD. :teeth:

soundtracker
29-07-2006, 03:22 PM
Fine speech young man!

Corabar Steve
30-07-2006, 01:29 AM
To be fair I have only just read what Phil has been saying about MU on the NADJ forum so I retract my love for them and have amended my previous post...

Looks like NADJ PLI with gear through E & L is now the best option available to me, especially with 10% discount as a member of MDD. :teeth:
What's this then? DFS? (Double discount, incase I was being too cryptic :teeth: )

Steve the DJ
30-07-2006, 08:25 AM
The 10% only applies to the E & L part i'm afraid... :sad:

Corabar Steve
30-07-2006, 09:01 AM
The 10% only applies to the E & L part i'm afraid... :sad:
I miss-read the post :embarasse :embarasse

wensleydale
30-07-2006, 09:08 AM
is it just me or are e&l about half the price of everyone else?

CRAZY K
30-07-2006, 09:15 AM
If so read the Terms and Conditions and make sure its on a proper like for like for like basis---

Same as you would expect a client to do when asking you for a quote :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

CRAZY K

Steve the DJ
30-07-2006, 09:36 AM
Their quotes are cheap but when you read the T & C's an excess applies for every claim and starts at 7.5% of the insured amount (minimum of £150) and that excess increases if your kit is nicked from your vehicle or a public place to 12.5% (minimum of £250).

So basically unless your kit is nicked from your house the excess will be at least £250!