PDA

View Full Version : This will be interesting

Daryll
06-09-2010, 01:16 PM
I obtained a booking yesterday for my first civil partnership , a lovely couple ( women) , if fact I know them quite well , when I say well . I mean very well...
I was married to one of them for 10 years :eek:

But there`s no problems , I see my ex every two weeks anyway , I pop over on my way to pick my wife up from work , and both my daughters are bride`s maids.
I wish them the best of luck ,

Daryll

Megamix
06-09-2010, 01:19 PM
:jawdrop:

yourdj
06-09-2010, 01:24 PM
Very. are you charging them full whack then :D

Corabar Entertainment
06-09-2010, 01:24 PM
Wow... and people say I've got a strange relationship with my ex!

Nice one Daryll :thumbsup:

Solitaire Events Ltd
06-09-2010, 01:25 PM
Wow... and people say I've got a strange relationship with my ex!

Is he a lesbian then? :D

Corabar Entertainment
06-09-2010, 01:27 PM
Well he's got a T-Shirt that says he is, so there :p

STEVE HANLEY
06-09-2010, 01:34 PM
You were married for 10 years?????? What happened did you tip her over the edge? :D :D :D :D

Sorry kid, but there are some things you just don't admit to

Charlie Brown
06-09-2010, 02:19 PM
Bloody hell!

That's really interesting.

simon1969
06-09-2010, 03:07 PM
Thats really honest and nice to hear !!!
Some people say that they have a strange relationship with ex, I think it's because it suits you both (if you know what I mean) and life is too short to be fighting.
My opnion though......

DeckstarDeluxe
06-09-2010, 03:11 PM
I'll give you a fiver to play when a man loves a woman for the first dance ;)

Seiously fair play for doing that I don't think I could.

Corabar Entertainment
06-09-2010, 03:19 PM
Not sure I understand that statement Neil. If you're on good terms with your ex, where's the issue?

(Just for the record, Steve DJ'd my ex-husband's re-marriage reception, and I kind of took the role of maiden of honour for his new wife)

simon1969
06-09-2010, 03:19 PM

Only a fiver !! :sofa: :)

Daryll
06-09-2010, 03:24 PM
I have a number of tracks that I would love to play.
but as this is a public forum :zip: :D :D

Daryll

DeckstarDeluxe
06-09-2010, 03:35 PM
Not sure I understand that statement Neil. If you're on good terms with your ex, where's the issue?

(Just for the record, Steve DJ'd my ex-husband's re-marriage reception, and I kind of took the role of maiden of honour for his new wife)

Must be an art because lets say "bridges tend to get burnt" when parting of our ways shall we say ;)

Excalibur
06-09-2010, 09:17 PM

Many many years ago, I got a booking for a wedding at a local venue. Nothing unusual, except I got paid in full beforehand, and I hadn't even asked for it!! :eek:

Gig arrives, I'm down on the floor behind the rig, arranging cables, and a voice above and behind says " Hello Peter".

I turn around, and see the bride, who then says " Wish I had a camera, your jaw's on the floor" :eek: :eek: She's another DJ's ex-wife. Before they split, we were friends, and she'd worried that if I knew who I was working for, I'd refuse the gig. That's why they paid upfront.

Having friends who split is a real bummer, cos sometimes, especially if it's acrimonious, they expect you to take sides. :( :( :(

Solitaire Events Ltd
06-09-2010, 09:23 PM
You didn't take the bride's name before the booking?

:sofa:

Excalibur
06-09-2010, 09:26 PM
You didn't take the bride's name before the booking?

:sofa:

Actually, I did. Except, they paid by a cheque on the groom's account, so I didn't make a connection. ;)

mikeee
07-09-2010, 11:55 AM
I obtained a booking yesterday for my first civil partnership , a lovely couple ( women) , if fact I know them quite well , when I say well . I mean very well...
I was married to one of them for 10 years :eek:

But there`s no problems , I see my ex every two weeks anyway , I pop over on my way to pick my wife up from work , and both my daughters are bride`s maids.
I wish them the best of luck ,

Daryll

Do you need a roadie :D

DB Entertainments
07-09-2010, 12:12 PM

:lol:

Pe7e
07-09-2010, 01:05 PM
Must be an art because lets say "bridges tend to get burnt" when parting of our ways shall we say ;)

Not necessarily, I've remained on friendly terms with my ex since we split, it's not that unusual really.

Excalibur
07-09-2010, 02:40 PM
I have a number of tracks that I would love to play.but as this is a public forum :zip: :D :D

Daryll

Do you want some suggestions? I'm sure that between us we could come up with some suggestions. :whistle:

There's a Cyndi Lauper track I'm trying to remember.......................................... .....................;) :D :D :D :D :D

simon1969
07-09-2010, 02:48 PM
Do you want some suggestions? I'm sure that between us we could come up with some suggestions. :whistle:

There's a Cyndi Lauper track I'm trying to remember.......................................... .....................;) :D :D :D :D :D

:laughup: :D :rofl:

Excalibur
07-09-2010, 07:37 PM
Yes, and isn't there a Katy Perry track as well? :confused: :confused: Damn this Alzheimers.