PDA

View Full Version : Deckstand Booth Pro Owners

Dance FX
07-09-2010, 01:22 PM
Are any other owners having problems with their thumbscrews or star cloths??

It seems I am the only one who's thumbscrew rivits are failing! The rivits just turn round and round in the frame and I am unable to get the thumbscrew out to put the bracket on (Caused a complete nightmare at a recent gig, I had to bodge the bracket on)

James has replaced my original booth because of this but now my replacement has the same problem :(

He has since changed the design because of my problem so this is aimed at the owners of the first batch!

Can anyone suggest a quick and easy way of securing the brackets without using the thumbscrews?

My starcloth has gone wrong now too :( some of the led's aren't working :(

DeckstarDeluxe
07-09-2010, 01:25 PM
Not sure what batch mine one is but it was brought in Jan this year.

Never an issue with anything.

Sorry not much help.

Spirits High
07-09-2010, 01:45 PM
You're not the only one!!!!!

One of my rivets just turns and turns. Doesn't cause me problems at the moment as I'm not using overhead bar but I was up until the point where it wasn't turning :D

No led problems but the stitching is starting to go in places.

I can't really afford to be without it as it's still pretty busy at the moment but plan some remedial action when things quieten down a bit.

DeckstarDeluxe
07-09-2010, 01:46 PM

One of my rivets just turns and turns. Doesn't cause me problems at the moment as I'm not using overhead bar but I was up until the point where it wasn't turning :D

I can't really afford to be without it as it's still pretty busy at the moment but plan some remedial action when things quieten down a bit.

when did you buy yours Paul?

Spirits High
07-09-2010, 02:06 PM
when did you buy yours Paul?

May of this year but it wasn't brand new (ie straight from James) it was bought in Feb this year I think originally.

Excalibur
07-09-2010, 02:24 PM
I've not seen the part in question, but mig welder and tin of black enamel springs to mind.

Piccies, anyone?

Dance FX
07-09-2010, 03:31 PM

I'm so glad it's not just me, I was gerting paranoid that I was doing something wrong and breaking it!

Graham from DSB has suggested I drill through and put a bolt through it!

I was really pleased with the booth but now its starting to go wrong I am dissapointed that it hasn't lasted very long :( It was an expensive piece of kit and our old Giraffe stand and cheap starcloth has outlasted it!

Dynamic Entertainment
07-09-2010, 03:37 PM
After reading about the issues....im rethinking if i should buy one?

Is the issue fixed with the newer models then?

Dance FX
07-09-2010, 04:20 PM
They said they have changed the rivet, you would have to ask them about it as I have not seen one I'm afraid.

Charlie Brown
07-09-2010, 04:34 PM
I prefer the S&H shape anyhow. I'll be buying one in a month or two.

jamesh
08-09-2010, 02:24 PM
Are any other owners having problems with their thumbscrews or star cloths??

It seems I am the only one who's thumbscrew rivits are failing! The rivits just turn round and round in the frame and I am unable to get the thumbscrew out to put the bracket on (Caused a complete nightmare at a recent gig, I had to bodge the bracket on)

James has replaced my original booth because of this but now my replacement has the same problem :(

He has since changed the design because of my problem so this is aimed at the owners of the first batch!

Can anyone suggest a quick and easy way of securing the brackets without using the thumbscrews?

My starcloth has gone wrong now too :( some of the led's aren't working :(

Hi Sarah,

As previously mentioned we really haven't had people reporting it as a problem or being an issue. We did replace your original stand over a year ago when you first had the issue and collected the old stand to enable us to look into it in more detail to see if anything could be changed. The the only way we have been able to replicate the problem of it spinning around is if you over tighten the thumbscrew or use any tools to tighten the thumbscrew as it can pop the rivet in the back of the stand and cause it to just spin.

We have reviewed how it was attached and have reworked it slightly but that was to make it easier and quicker to manufacturer that section - which makes it more cost effective and quicker from a stock turn around point of view.

The thumb screws on the early models are only designed to be hand tightened and don't need any more pressure on them than that - you shouldn't have to struggle when you undo it. - it should smoothly undo without to much pressure being needed to get it going when undoing.

As Graham pointed out previously on the phone the only way to solve the issue is to drill the thumbscrew/Rivet out and either use a nut and bolt through or send it back to us and we will either drill it through for you to allow you to use a nut and bolt or we can adapt it to the newer method now used on the stands.

The LED cloth fault is probably just a wire that has come loose on the back of one of the LED's - it is a known issue with the NJD cloths in general and as they are made in the same factory it's something that has happened to a few of the cloths. Again you can either send it back to us and we'll have a look at it for you or if you're handy with a soldering Iron it's just a case of looking at the wiring on the sections that out and re soldering the cable onto the lamp holder. It is one of the reasons that a few months back we moved to a new supplier for all the LED starcloths and have not ordered any more of the NJD Style ones.

Hi Paul,

Should have given us a ring or dropped an email about it - we can take a look at it for you and as mentioned above we can either drill it out for you or adapt it to the newer method - just let us know when things are a little less hectic for you an we can take a look at it.

Stitching wise where is it starting to go as it something i can see if we can look into at the same time for you. From memory am i right in thinking that's a NJD style one as well?

I'm so glad it's not just me, I was getting paranoid that I was doing something wrong and breaking it!

Graham from DSB has suggested I drill through and put a bolt through it!

I was really pleased with the booth but now its starting to go wrong I am disappointed that it hasn't lasted very long :( It was an expensive piece of kit and our old Giraffe stand and cheap starcloth has outlasted it!

That is the only way to get the thumb screw and rivet back out Sarah - If you don't want to have to use a bolt each time we can adapt it to the way we do the stands at the moment - but it still wont solve the issue of the drilling.

I'm sorry you are feeling disappointed with the deckstand booth - At the end of the day any product can go wrong (at any price range) as there are many factors that come into play when using it from how it's stored, transported, setup etc... We are doing what we can to help you solve the issue and i don't think we can do any better than that really.

After reading about the issues....im rethinking if i should buy one?

Is the issue fixed with the newer models then?

These are only minor issues that have happened in a small number of cases out of all the deckstand booths that have been sold and can/do happen with any other product on the market as well.

The new batches of the stands (since earlier in the year) have a different method of attaching the overheads to the deckstand booth. This was implemented as it was quicker and more economical during the manufacturing process - which meant we could get new stock quicker.

I prefer the S&H shape anyhow. I'll be buying one in a month or two.

That's no problem charlie that's your choice - although the S&H isn't perfect either and has documented problems as well as recently discussed over on another forum.

The shape of the Deckstand Booth pro assists with it's stability when people knock into it - especially if you are using the overhead lighting bar. You have to physically make an effort to tip over the deckstand booth pro unlike other booths and deckstand products currently on the market which have a more rectangular shape.

I agree the shape isn't to everyone's liking but we have many happy customers that like it and i also know of a couple of entertainment agencies that are now only using DSB and they ensure any other freelance DJ have to use one when working under their branding too.