PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Pirates rising again

Have a disco
24-07-2006, 10:17 PM
Would someone like to do the honours and report to ebay about this guy for selling pirated material Im not willing to fight this piracy single handedly

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/COMPLETE-80S-SINGLES-COLLECTION-ON-3-AUDIO-DVD_W0QQitemZ170010921172QQihZ007QQcategoryZ96963Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I could waste my time but is this what were are all about knocking the idiots whom affect our Industry

Corabar Entertainment
24-07-2006, 10:50 PM
Well I've reported it anyway.... we could start a campaign: whoever spots it, post it up here and we ALL report it to eBay! :teeth:

Shaun
24-07-2006, 11:35 PM
I like the 'campaign' idea. I've reported the seller too.

Thames Valley Discos
25-07-2006, 05:40 AM
I've reported the seller too.

Candybeatdiscos
25-07-2006, 06:04 AM
guess who else reported the seller :)

dj andy allwood
25-07-2006, 06:46 AM
i've reported it too!!!! :)
yeah i like the idea of posting fake cd's/dvd's on here then everyone reporting it!!!!
maybe we should have a seperate forum for this???
the report crap on ebay forum lol :teeth:

st1ngo
25-07-2006, 07:39 AM
Will this have an affect on the top 40 discs I am selling ??...............

dj andy allwood
25-07-2006, 07:43 AM
Will this have an affect on the top 40 discs I am selling ??...............

lol :teeth:

dj_ags
25-07-2006, 08:51 AM
This isn't new to eBay by any means :omg:

If you continue to search for cds (especially the Now series) then nine times out of ten, you will find once seller that is selling pirated material.

Me thinks that this is also going on in the selling of DJ Only cds. Worth another search on this. I will do it now...and post my findings :teeth:

soundlad
25-07-2006, 08:52 AM
have a look at this then!!

now thats what i call music complete coillection 1-64 (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Complete-Collection-Of-Now-Thats-What-I-Call-Music_W0QQitemZ130009238572QQihZ003QQcategoryZ5858 3QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

now if that isn't illegal i don't know what is!

dj_ags
25-07-2006, 09:04 AM
Now Thats What I Call Piracy :teeth:

I haven't found any complete DJ collections that are pirated as of yet...but look at the sellers other items. He/she has got for sale a complete collection of 50s, 60s, 70s 80s, 90s and 00s that is again on DVD :omg:

soundlad
25-07-2006, 09:22 AM
around a year ago i think there was a seller selling all the number one collection form 50 years ago to 2005 or something, i think it said on the bottom "this collection is for backup only for buyers who have the orignal collections on cds!!!" what a load of bull!!!!

dj andy allwood
25-07-2006, 09:25 AM
have a look at this then!!

now thats what i call music complete coillection 1-64 (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Complete-Collection-Of-Now-Thats-What-I-Call-Music_W0QQitemZ130009238572QQihZ003QQcategoryZ5858 3QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

now if that isn't illegal i don't know what is!

thats that one reported aswell!!!!

st1ngo
25-07-2006, 09:27 AM
This isn't new to eBay by any means :omg:

If you continue to search for cds (especially the Now series) then nine times out of ten, you will find once seller that is selling pirated material.

Me thinks that this is also going on in the selling of DJ Only cds. Worth another search on this. I will do it now...and post my findings :teeth:

Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

OMG I think you may be right !!!!!!

Its the end of the world as we know it .................. :omg: :omg:

dj andy allwood
25-07-2006, 09:27 AM
around a year ago i think there was a seller selling all the number one collection form 50 years ago to 2005 or something, i think it said on the bottom "this collection is for backup only for buyers who have the orignal collections on cds!!!" what a load of bull!!!!

they will try anyway to get around it wont they???
i bought a copy cd from ebay for £4.99 now 63 never mentioned it was a copy so i reported it to ebay and im glad to say its not there NOW lol :teeth:

soundlad
25-07-2006, 09:33 AM
yeh i know, iwas looking for a clubland 9 cd and it said clubland 9 key ring and a free 2cd collection!!

Larry B Entertainment
25-07-2006, 09:36 AM
I reported a seller a few weeks for selling some dodgy cd's i was on about in another post, as yet ebay has done sod all and the seller is still at large.

dj andy allwood
25-07-2006, 09:47 AM
lets start a campaign

MDD AGINST EBAY PIRACY!!!!!!! :)

let the battle commence!!!! :angry:

dj_ags
25-07-2006, 09:54 AM
OMG I think you may be right !!!!!!
:omg:

You're agreeing with me St1ngo :D

Like you say :-

Its the end of the world as we know it :omg: :omg:

Have a disco
25-07-2006, 09:55 AM
I think you'll find most sellors ar put on hold for a while and in the meantime they change theyre name to hide whom they previously were but still continue to sel the same stuff

Im afraid even one of our own regularly sells fake Music DVD's he started upon ebay. And now has his own google site that regularly sends me an email. He has been reported to Mixmash and promo only and ebay, but still he keeps sending the emails with his new music dvd's

I say no more as I feel it should not just be me pushing for alll round priracy clampdown. If we are seen to deal with it jn house mayhap we may get some brownie points from the industry. Of course should we get a DJ licence that letsus professionals move formats about to what we use then even better as well as a fair usage agreement then hopefully piracy may fade.

Ok Im dreaming piracy wont stop but at least I can see you guys back me up on this issue

dj andy allwood
25-07-2006, 10:03 AM
I think you'll find most sellors ar put on hold for a while and in the meantime they change theyre name to hide whom they previously were but still continue to sel the same stuff

Im afraid even one of our own regularly sells fake Music DVD's he started upon ebay. And now has his own google site that regularly sends me an email. He has been reported to Mixmash and promo only and ebay, but still he keeps sending the emails with his new music dvd's

I say no more as I feel it should not just be me pushing for alll round priracy clampdown. If we are seen to deal with it jn house mayhap we may get some brownie points from the industry. Of course should we get a DJ licence that letsus professionals move formats about to what we use then even better as well as a fair usage agreement then hopefully piracy may fade.

Ok Im dreaming piracy wont stop but at least I can see you guys back me up on this issue

i think most if not everyone will back you up on this one mate, if piracy falls alot then maybe cd prices will fall too benifiting all of us!!!

report it to the police and the proper authorities @ www.piracyisacrime.com :)

Have a disco
25-07-2006, 10:20 AM
Done that and he's still going he's even used the (only back up file) thing as an excuse.

dj andy allwood
25-07-2006, 11:59 AM
Done that and he's still going he's even used the (only back up file) thing as an excuse.

but thats still illegal isn't it? im sure corabar told me it was!!!!

Corabar Entertainment
25-07-2006, 12:02 PM
Yep - it is... but a lot of people still think it's not.

dj andy allwood
25-07-2006, 12:19 PM
Yep - it is... but a lot of people still think it's not.

yeah i thought it wasn't illegal until you told me lol thats how i remembered :)

Have a disco
25-07-2006, 02:20 PM
will send you an Im later corbar as to whom our culprit is but you may know already in regards to the DVD's