PDA

View Full Version : Want to design a website - im a novice - help!!!!!

djliamuk
09-09-2010, 11:47 AM
Hi guys

First off im new to the forum so hello everyone.

I want my new business to have a website so am looking for ideas of where to get free website/hosting so i dont have to pay (at this moment) for anything to fancy.

All suggestions welcome

Thanks

Liam:D

Penfold42
09-09-2010, 11:50 AM
Hello, you may want to read this -

http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/showthread.php?t=11711

:)

Shaun
09-09-2010, 12:05 PM
I want my new business to have a website so am looking for ideas of where to get free website/hosting so i dont have to pay (at this moment) for anything to fancy.

Free and cheap screams just that to customers. My advice is hire a professional. "You only get one chance to make a good first impression"

djliamuk
09-09-2010, 12:09 PM
yea i thought that too shaun tbh but as a starter i dont really have a clue where to start looking

thank penfold will go to that section and do an intro now

yourdj
09-09-2010, 12:17 PM
Have a look on this forum - there are a couple of members who build websites at a good rate. I am sure they will show up before too long :)

DeckstarDeluxe
09-09-2010, 12:25 PM
www.deckstardeluxe.co.uk

Designed by our very own Martin aka Vectis.

Depends on what type of function you want, what price range etc...

Shaun
09-09-2010, 12:26 PM
yea i thought that too shaun tbh but as a starter i dont really have a clue where to start looking

thank penfold will go to that section and do an intro now

There are 3 great web designers on the forum, Marc J, Vectis & Richie. Do a search for them and send them a PM (private message).

Marc J built and hosts my website and the service is fantastic, I highly recommend him. Those that use Vectis (Martin's) service will state the same about what he provides. Richie built this very site and forum and is awesome too.

So there you go. Three very professional web designers and hosters right within this very site. Happy hunting!

djliamuk
09-09-2010, 12:33 PM
cheers shaun much appreciated

Shaun
09-09-2010, 12:39 PM
You're welcome. Good luck.

Solitaire Events Ltd
09-09-2010, 12:39 PM
Those that use Vectis (Martin's) service will state the same about what he provides.

Indeed I will. :D

DeckstarDeluxe
09-09-2010, 12:40 PM
www.deckstardeluxe.co.uk (http://www.deckstardeluxe.co.uk)

Designed by our very own Martin aka Vectis.

Depends on what type of function you want, what price range etc...

If you look up Vectis in the members section you can pm or email him

I'm not Martin btw but I'll forward him your email.

Neil

Corabar Entertainment
09-09-2010, 12:45 PM
Have a look on this forum - there are a couple of members who build websites at a good rate. I am sure they will show up before too long :)No - they won't, because they wouldn't break the forum rules re advertising :p

Penfold42
09-09-2010, 12:49 PM
There are 3 great web designers on the forum, Marc J, Vectis & Richie. Do a search for them and send them a PM (private message).

Errr.....10 posts. :sj:

Corabar Steve
09-09-2010, 12:55 PM
Errr.....10 posts. :sj:
2 more & he's therehttp://planetsmilies.net/vicious-smiley-1763.gif (http://planetsmilies.net)

Ecstatic Events
09-09-2010, 01:27 PM
Hi Liam,

As your post states you are looking for something FREE - Try www.moonfruit.com they have a free option. It's basic and with little PC knowledge you should be able to knock yourself something up in no time.

I use moonfruit, and designed my own site with a program called swishmax which is flash based (as is Moonfruit)

Good Luck

Mike

Tom Lovick
11-09-2010, 02:14 PM
hi,

I have used GBBO which is free to use (for 2 years time) It uses google sites system and is very easy to personalise and you can set up your own domain name (i.e. www.djliamuk.co.uk) and all that it has is a small bit of text at the bottom saying 'powered by google sites'. and on some websites you can hardly see that!!

:welcome2:

:search: for lots of great info on starting up. In one of the web design forums there is a post with people discussing GBBO.

PM me if you want me to help you build your site using GBBO.

Thanks,

Tom

Larry B Entertainment
12-09-2010, 10:20 AM
Vista Print provides websites and the first month hosting is free. They provide all the tools you need to build the site online.