PDA

View Full Version : SEDA ShowNight - Sunday 19th September 2010

Paul Forsyth
10-09-2010, 06:15 PM
SEDA ShowNight Sunday 19th September 2010

This is going to be one hell of a ShowNight!

SEDA ShowNights are Bi-Monthly physical meetings primarily for members but also open to visitors (at no charge), offering the opportunity to see new kit, meet and network with colleagues, suppliers and other related businesses and individuals and also generally discuss our industry.

All are very welcome, so if you've ever wondered what goes on please feel free to come along. Also if you came along a few years ago and weren't too keen, come and see us again, things change.

This ShowNight will be a very different, but hugely important one, take note, featuring news on the Implementation of the Noise At Work act, how to protect your hearing, and the SEDA and Public Liability Insurance debate! This is a hugely important subject and being a truly democratic Association we want to know your views before we do anything or nothing.
If you’re not there and you haven’t filled in the questionnaire then don’t moan if the end decision is not to your liking!

As a member, if you only attend one ShowNight in your lifetime, this should be it!

Here’s the line-up

Exhibitors
Denon – Gary may be bringing exclusive UK releases to this ShowNight!!!

Mastermix – Richard Lee is back with us to launch and tell us the details of a new and exciting chapter in the longstanding relationship between SEDA and Mastermix

Kent PAT Testing – Paul will be back with us offering a great service – go talk to him!

Featured Retailer
Peach Entertainments – A fairly new retailer, but certainly not new to the industry – Based in Billingshurst , West Sussex – if there is anything in particular you’re after give Nick a call on01403 780 900 or email [email protected]

Regular Features
Members Show – Clive Ashford
Second-Hand Table
SEDAshop
The Famous SEDA Raffle

Other Features

Noise at Work - Nick Main from Canterbury City Council Commercial Health Department has confirmed today that he will be there giving a talk on the noise at work regulations which are now being implemented in places of public entertainment.

Dr Earplugs – Ear protection – why and how - an expert in the field has kindly agreed to come and talk to us on this hugely important subject.

And finally……………………………………..

Drum roll……………………………………….

SEDA and PLI – the debate – we want to know your views and opinions, this is still in the fact finding stages and we need you to be there to tell us what you think!
SEDA is a Membership Association we need to know what the Members think and feel on this one, please make every effort to be with us.

On a lighter note – SEDA ShowNight coincides with International Talk Like A Pirate Day (I kid you not - http://www.talklikeapirate.com/piratehome.html), so I be looking forward to seeing ye there me hearties, aharrrgh,

Please come along if you can, and remember to bring some business cards as the ShowNights are excellent networking opportunities.

Plus all of the regular news, fun, and banter.

Thanks for reading and hope to see you there,

Paul Forsyth
SEDA - Chairman / Events

Details of the ShowNight

Date Sunday 19th September 2010

Times Doors open 19.30
Finish 22.30 - 23.00

Venue The Village Hotel
Castle View, Forstal Road, Sandling, Maidstone, Kent, ME14 3AQ. Just off the M20 J6.
DO NOT USE THE ABOVE POSTCODE FOR SAT NAV - IT WILL TAKE YOU MILES AWAY!!!

Satellite Navigation:
For programming satellite navigations systems please use postcode ME14 3AS.

I think that covers most of it.

If there's anything else you need to know, please give me a shout.

R.O.A.R.

Unfortunately we do (very rarely) get serial visitors who claim they see no value in joining but would like to attend the ShowNights. We feel that the ShowNights are one of our members favourite benefits and therefore as a general rule would expect someone that wanted to attend on a regular basis to join the association.(As a guide we would not expect a visitor to attend more than 2 ShowNights)

yourdj
11-09-2010, 01:07 AM
Sounds good. Any plans to do something more central in the future?

something in Sussex, Hampshire etc.?

i would definitely up for that and willing to help!

Paul Forsyth
11-09-2010, 01:52 PM
Hi Toby,

No plans at the moment, we often get asked about moving the ShowNight to other locations or duplicating them, but at the moment it's a no because of our current arrangement with the Venue and to duplicate it would mean an outrageous ammount of work (you wouldn't believe the time commitment to put what we do on)

But if you fancy coming down to see what we do you are very welcome then maybe look at doing something more local to yourself with some local colleagues.

This one is going to be a really informative ShowNight.

Maybe see you at one in the future

Paul Forsyth - SEDA - Chairman

Paul Forsyth
16-09-2010, 11:37 AM
GET A LOAD OF THIS............

Hi guys,

Please take note of the following, an excellent chance to win some great kit at the next ShowNight, this coming Sunday!

To show their thanks to SEDA members for their support and exposure at the ShowNights Denon have generously donated a HCS5000 to give away to one lucky SEDA member!

The DN-HC5000 is packaged and designed to work solely with Serato’s ITCH software program, providing mobile entertainers the most failsafe, easy-to-use, hardware / software package on the market today. Purposed into the familiar Denon DJ rackmount form, and utilising Serato’s HIDI technology to improve speed, accuracy, and communication between software and hardware, the DN-HC5000 ITCH bundle will quickly become the envy of digital/computer DJs everywhere. Street price ~ £599.

For full details and spec go here - http://www.denondj.c...C5000-P120.aspx

What do you have to do to enter?

1. Be a SEDA member - Every SEDA member that agrees to be included in the draw by responding positively to this email / post will have one entry to the draw;

2. Attend the SEDA ShowNight on Sunday 19th September 2010 - Details at seda.org.uk - (You get a second entry into the draw just for turning up, which of course doubles your chances of winning!)

3. Be willing to write a review of the product for Denon, for them to use if and as they want to.

Simple as that - get those those replies in to me ([email protected]) - see you at the ShowNight!<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break" clear=all>

Will Perkins
Development Manager

SEDA - South Eastern Discotheque Association

e: [email protected]

m: 07706 560 328 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 07706 560 328 end_of_the_skype_highlighting

w: www.seda,org.uk

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-09-2010, 11:55 AM
If you can't attend this one, will your name still be in the hat?

Excalibur
16-09-2010, 01:15 PM
If you can't attend this one, will your name still be in the hat?

1. Be a SEDA member - Every SEDA member that agrees to be included in the draw by responding positively to this email / post will have one entry to the draw;
2e: [email protected]

m: 07706 560 328 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 07706 560 328 end_of_the_skype_highlighting

w: www.seda,org.uk
Here's a clue. ;) :D :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-09-2010, 01:25 PM
Here's a clue. ;) :D :D

Yes and if you read further, it says you have to attend the shownight, clever dick!

Having checked with Paul though, it seems you don't have to be at shownight to have your name in the draw, but if you are, then you get another entry.

Excalibur
16-09-2010, 01:31 PM
Yes and if you read further, it says you have to attend the shownight, clever dick!

Having checked with Paul though, it seems you don't have to be at shownight to have your name in the draw, but if you are, then you get another entry.

Oi, point of order Mr Chairman. Specsavers.
One entry for being a SEDA Member and responding to the Email, AS I POSTED, and a second entry ( another, additional, extra, bonus, two for one) if you can attend said function. A pint on it? :whistle:

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-09-2010, 01:33 PM
Oi, point of order Mr Chairman. Specsavers.
One entry for being a SEDA Member and responding to the Email, AS I POSTED, and a second entry ( another, additional, extra, bonus, two for one) if you can attend said function. A pint on it? :whistle:

Not correct. Read the post.

2. Attend the SEDA ShowNight on Sunday 19th September 2010

Excalibur
16-09-2010, 01:46 PM
Not correct. Read the post.

I did.

Simple as that - get those those replies in to me ([email protected]) - see you at the ShowNight!<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break" clear=all>

Sir. I read that as the one and only singular criteria for your FIRST entry is to respond to the Email or post. You and I have both done this. Sadly, as I'm not a member, only you gets the chance to win. :( :(

2. Attend the SEDA ShowNight on Sunday 19th September 2010 - Details at seda.org.uk - (You get a second entry into the draw just for turning up, which of course doubles your chances of winning!)

" Second entry just for turning up". Therefore, you've already got your FIRST entry without turning up. I can taste that :guinness: already. :D :D :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-09-2010, 01:50 PM
FFS it was a simple question.
:bang:

Paul Forsyth
16-09-2010, 02:17 PM
OMG
All we're trying to do is give a bit of kit away lol
still at least it appears we have someting that people want to win lol
Paul

DeckstarDeluxe
16-09-2010, 06:00 PM
Shame I dont live closer as I'm interested in seeing the new denon gear ;)