PDA

View Full Version : DJ Intelligence Software

welby
11-09-2010, 09:35 AM
Hi, Im just getting to grips with the DJ Intelligence Software and I was wondering if anyone else that uses the software has the same issue.

When it comes to making a booking the system sends out a contract for the customer to sign and return to you. The problem is the report it sends out is really dreadful in design, and it has no ability to add an attachment for my terms and conditions.

I have emailed their support and they suggested I go and use something called http://www.ewebmin.com although the base product is free I can see it eventually costing $100 plus per year.

Hardly a solution is it - in fact Im pretty miffed with the lame answer!

Has anyone else found a solution and please sensible answers - I'm guessing http://djeventplanner.com/ has this function built in, but without the branding costs a whole lot more than djintelligence?

Corabar Entertainment
11-09-2010, 01:53 PM
We use a combination of DJI and eWebmin.

DJI is really a website interaction, with eWebmin picking up where DJI leaves off.

DJEP is the all-in-one solution, but I prefer the interface of ewebmin to both DJI and DJEP, so I set up DJI and now rarely need to do anything with the back end, unless I want to 'tweak'. One thing that DJI has introduced relatively recently for the UK is great: you can set distance charges - ie the client inserts the postcode of the venue, and the system calculates the distance from you to the gig and adds in whatever charge you have specified for that distance.

All the day-to-day work is done in eWebmin. I mentioned on another thread recently about digital signing of documents: this is bundled in ewebmin and worth it's weight in gold as far as I'm concerned.

Since eWebmin charges are based on how many gigs you do a year, I think it is very reasonably priced. (ie if you're not doing many gigs a year, it is very cheap, but if you're doing a lot, it costs more - but you should be able to afford it if you're doing that many gigs!)

DJI, eWebmin, and DJEP all offer free trials/versions to let you see what they offer too.

NB: Links to both the trial versions for DJEP and DJI are on the banner ads at the top of this forum! :)

welby
11-09-2010, 02:02 PM
We use a combination of DJI and eWebmin.

DJI is really a website interaction, with eWebmin picking up where DJI leaves off.

DJEP is the all-in-one solution, but I prefer the interface of ewebmin to both DJI and DJEP, so I set up DJI and now rarely need to do anything with the back end, unless I want to 'tweak'. One thing that DJI has introduced relatively recently for the UK is great: you can set distance charges - ie the client inserts the postcode of the venue, and the system calculates the distance from you to the gig and adds in whatever charge you have specified for that distance.

All the day-to-day work is done in eWebmin. I mentioned on another thread recently about digital signing of documents: this is bundled in ewebmin and worth it's weight in gold as far as I'm concerned.

Since eWebmin charges are based on how many gigs you do a year, I think it is very reasonably priced. (ie if you're not doing many gigs a year, it is very cheap, but if you're doing a lot, it costs more - but you should be able to afford it if you're doing that many gigs!)

DJI, eWebmin, and DJEP all offer free trials/versions to let you see what they offer too.

NB: Links to both the trial versions for DJEP and DJI are on the banner ads at the top of this forum! :)

Hi Angela,

thanks for your reply.

Just one thing..does ewebmin allow you to autorespond emails and send a contract out our own design with attachements.

This is important to me.

Mark

Corabar Entertainment
11-09-2010, 02:22 PM
Yes.

You can create as many document templates as you want, and create as many email templates as you want, and you can attach the documents to emails, or you can incorporate the documents in to the email body.

You can then use the templates as and when you want, or do one-off drafted emails off the cuff - ie you can send an email immediately; you can schedule it to go on a particular day; or you can set it up as an 'auto' email to go 1/2/3/4 etc days/weeks/years before/after event.

Like all systems, it takes a bit of getting used to, but once you have, it's great.

I don't particularly like the email design interface in it (It's fine and really easy if you're just doing basic stuff, but not so good if you want to add a little design flair to it). However, I've found a good way around this now: I use open office html text editor to draft the emails and then just copy and paste them in.... works a treat!

You've got nothing to lose by signing up for it and having a play to see how you get on with it.

Corabar Entertainment
11-09-2010, 03:09 PM
As a PS to all of the above, if you do want to use the contract/booking system through DJI, you could either incorporate all of your T&Cs in to the booking form/contract that is produced, or just refer to the contract being read and construed as if reproduced in full therein, with a link to a web page with them on.