PDA

View Full Version : Tunes you would never play again

Have a disco
25-07-2006, 02:38 PM
Going on something written on another thread

Even If someone has paid you too what tunes will you never play again and if so for what good reason/explaination would you give

my personal pet hate has to be that tune elaine page and barbara striesand - I know him so welll AAAAAGRRRRRGGGGHHH at no cost to a nights entertainment
my reason
Yep the ex wifes tune Detested it when it came out and more so when going through divorce

Danno13
25-07-2006, 02:42 PM
Well i think its completely out of order to refuse to play tracks for a client just because of personal reasons.. what happens if it was someones first dance?

Have a disco
25-07-2006, 02:45 PM
as your 19 danno I totally understand you reasons but even you must have a tune you absolutely detest and refrain from playing

Danno13
25-07-2006, 02:50 PM
Well theres plenty of tracks i'll refrain from playing... mainly due to knowing they're clear the floor. But I won't point blank refuse to play a track, no matter what personal reasons i may have, its all part of being a professional. But what do i know, i'm 19...

Shaun
25-07-2006, 03:06 PM
as your 19 danno I totally understand you reasons but even you must have a tune you absolutely detest and refrain from playing

What does his age have to do with his comments??. I'm 34 and have the same view as him.

There are lots of tunes I may not play simply because they won't work. However if they are specifically asked for by the client then I would play them (even gary glitter which I wont ever usually play). If the paying customer specifically wants it, then they'll get it.

I detest quite a lot of the tunes we as dj's usually play on a regular basis, it's not about what I like personally though. It's all about the clients and their guests.what they want.

soundtracker
25-07-2006, 03:37 PM
and I agree with Danno as well (even though he's a c ockernee!) and I'm 48! another Badgerism I think!

BeerFunk
25-07-2006, 05:40 PM
Nope, I agree with Wabbit on this one - there is a matter of principle and pride to consider. You can hark on about professionalism and the client until the ocean covers every mountain high - some tunes I will not play (Gary Glitter for instance)

Have a disco
25-07-2006, 05:44 PM
OK just to please those whom just can't do a thread right I re ask the question POLTICALLY corrected

Which songs if you had a choice would you refrain from playing at all costs this includes millions of pounds. This is not a hard question for **** sake and yes I swore. It ain ROCKET science what song do you detest the most everyone has 1 song if not 2 they would send to room 101 or blow up if they had a chance

Shaun
25-07-2006, 05:59 PM
Which songs if you had a choice would you refrain from playing at all costs this includes millions of pounds. This is not a hard question for **** sake and yes I swore. It ain ROCKET science what song do you detest the most everyone has 1 song if not 2 they would send to room 101 or blow up if they had a chance

That question is 2 separate entities. There is NO song that I wouldn't play at the request of the paying customer. There ARE many songs that I detest and would send to room 101 though.

Songs for room101:

Anything by Justin Timberlake
Gangsta Rap
All those god awful England world cup songs
Crazy Frog

I could go on for hours.....

BeerFunk
25-07-2006, 05:59 PM
Ah... well in that case, I agree with everyone else as personal taste does come after professionalism!

If I had to pick my most hated song, off the top of my head it would be Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody (unbelievably overrated drivel - if you want to hear this type of track done right, listen to Radiohead - Paranoid Android). Or possibly Don McLean - American Pie - as it is the most bland and uninspiring track.

BeerFunk
25-07-2006, 06:02 PM
Yeah I think a 'music for Room 101' thread wouldn't be a bad idea!

A1DL
25-07-2006, 06:05 PM
Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody....... (Or possibly Don McLean - American Pie - as it is the most bland and uninspiring track.

but both much requested tracks!

dj andy allwood
25-07-2006, 06:15 PM
i wouldn't play baja men - who let the dogs out as it cleared the floor it was off again in less than a minute though then they came back on the floor lol

BeerFunk
25-07-2006, 07:07 PM
but both much requested tracks!
Not so much with me, especially Don McLean - Never been asked for that (karaoke aside!). Thankfully.
Although, for the record, where appropriate - I will play them if requested.

Candybeatdiscos
25-07-2006, 08:01 PM
yeah anything to do with England (football only), and tasmin archer - sleeping satalite

Candybeatdiscos
25-07-2006, 08:02 PM
Why Boheimian Rhapsody??? What a brilliant tune, same with Don McLean American pie....OMG, two of the best tracks ever

Have a disco
25-07-2006, 11:13 PM
Keith Harris & Orville - I wish I could Fly has to be the tune I would recall every copy and nuke repeatedly and implant all mp3's with a self delete just to make sure

dj andy allwood
26-07-2006, 07:14 AM
Keith Harris & Orville - I wish I could Fly has to be the tune I would recall every copy and nuke repeatedly and implant all mp3's with a self delete just to make sure

so you dont like that track then :teeth:

BeerFunk
26-07-2006, 07:16 AM
Why Boheimian Rhapsody??? What a brilliant tune, same with Don McLean American pie....OMG, two of the best tracks ever
They are absolute pap mate, sorry! I'm really into my music, so stuff like that I resent.

Corabar Steve
26-07-2006, 09:11 AM
my personal pet hate has to be that tune elaine page and barbara striesand - I know him so welll AAAAAGRRRRRGGGGHHH at no cost to a nights entertainmentI doubt you've ever played it, it doesn't exist! :teeth:

Mine would be My humps, because it's the bigget pile of do do I've ever heard!

Have a disco
26-07-2006, 10:02 AM
must be ****enson so I got the wrong artiste and I have played it a few times but cringed in the process

Solitaire Events Ltd
26-07-2006, 12:19 PM
Yeah I think a 'music for Room 101' thread wouldn't be a bad idea!

I think I did that thread quite a while ago - although it might have been deleted now as it was quite old.

Corabar Steve
26-07-2006, 04:58 PM
must be ****enson so I got the wrong artiste and I have played it a few times but cringed in the process
Try Barbara D!ckson :teeth:

st1ngo
26-07-2006, 05:02 PM
why is it certain people on here ( namely mods and admins ) just seem to derive such pleasure out of correcting people ??

Are you all a bunch of frustrated school teachers sat with your red pens waiting for certain members to slip up ??

Just wondered cos thats just how it looks.

Oh and putting a smiley after it does not make it a joke or funny ........

:teeth: see ?

Corabar Steve
26-07-2006, 05:07 PM
Merely helping Badger's memory

Or should that be.......

Memory
All alone in the moonlight
I can smile at the old days
I was beautiful then
I remember the time I knew what happiness was
Let the memory live again

Every streetlamp